The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Dec. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

OEL has been a horse all season even when the entire organization was like crumbling around him earlier in the season. He's playing injured right now because we don't have enough bodies which is admirable.

Myers has also been a horse under Boudreau.

From Chaos Giraffe to Steady Unicorn.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ruksys said:

Not sure why some people are saying this was an ugly win…

Canucks looked in control all game, clogged up the neutral zone all night and had the best chances off the rush. If it wasn’t for hill and Pearson’s missed opportunity’s we woulda been up 5-2 at the end of the second 

I think you mean Dickinson

• Vintage 1

Just now, rekker said:

Holy frak has EK's game dropped off. That contract, oh my.

I actually thought he had a decent game tonight. Made a few really nice plays and carried into our zone with control tonight. Defensively I wasn't looking out for him though, which is usually his weak spot so I dunno about that part of the game but I definitely noticed him offensively tonight. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

It has been interesting seeing Motte's minutes as of late.

Since Bruce has taken over Motte's minutes haven't gone above 12 minutes. He hasn't looked as engaged or as quick. 

With Bruce using more of a full rotation on the PK, Motte doesn't seem as effective on the ice. He isn't hurting the team but certainly isn't as noticeable. Not that I expect any flash, he just doesn't look the same energizer bunny we have seen before. 

I disagree. I alwaya see Motte going all out and hitting everything and checking like crazy. 

I feel bad that he has such crappy linemates. Hes noticeable on every shift for me. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Ruksys said:

Not sure why some people are saying this was an ugly win…

Canucks looked in control all game, clogged up the neutral zone all night and had the best chances off the rush. If it wasn’t for hill and Pearson’s missed opportunity’s we woulda been up 5-2 at the end of the second 

Lol. No, the Canucks were not in control "all game". They didn't get a shot on net for 14 minutes or some stupid amount like that.

They gutted it out though. So good win.

No need to make up some fake narrative that they dominated though buddy lol.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1