The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Dec. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I like Lammikko, but more as a winger. If we could  somehow find a good bottom 6 RH centre we're in good shape if Petey can handle his own line.

I'm hoping Rutherford can somehow move Pearson and Hamonic this offseason to bring in another RHD UFA. Klingberg would be nice.

Yeah i wasnt a fan of Pearson's contract but that line is meshing so well right now. 

I would like to reserve judgment until tdl or offseason as you suggest

36 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Special teams are on Green when Baumgartner is gifted a job via nepotism and allowed to stay despite his proven incompetence. I have yet to see tangible justification for Green being qualified to coach in the NHL other than some people liking him.  What is one aspect of his job that he performed well?

You don’t beat the defending Cup Champs and take Vegas to 7 games being a bad coach. He had a game plan that worked against the Blues and nearly worked against Vegas though Vegas he had a lot of help from Demko. The team was rebuilding his first couple years here so using his whole win/loss record is mis-leading. 

He had a good idea in theory with his game plan but the wrong players to fully execute his plan. His failure was tweaking his plan and not  coming up with an alternative when it wasn’t working. His loyalty to Baumer and King were also a factor. He should have leaned more heavily on Shaw when it became evident to everyone Baumers plans were not working well at all. 

Further to that the players lost confidence in Benning following the decisions to let Tanev, Marky and Toffoli walk for nothing that were beyond Green’s control. 

He’s not a “terrible coach” or “not suitable to coach peewee” those takes are beyond stupid and patently false. 

16 minutes ago, gobi said:

Can't believe I still see some people defending Green when all evidences point directly to him. 

Just as it is unbelievable some still claim he is not fit to coach peewee, there is a middle ground and while he deserves his share of the blame it is not fair he gets all of it either. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You don’t beat the defending Cup Champs and take Vegas to 7 games being a bad coach. He had a game plan that worked against the Blues and nearly worked against Vegas though Vegas he had a lot of help from Demko. The team was rebuilding his first couple years here so using his whole win/loss record is mis-leading. 

He had a good idea in theory with his game plan but the wrong players to fully execute his plan. His failure was tweaking his plan and not  coming up with an alternative when it wasn’t working. His loyalty to Baumer and King were also a factor. He should have leaned more heavily on Shaw when it became evident to everyone Baumers plans were not working well at all. 

Further to that the players lost confidence in Benning following the decisions to let Tanev, Marky and Toffoli walk for nothing that were beyond Green’s control. 

He’s not a “terrible coach” or “not suitable to coach peewee” those takes are beyond stupid and patently false. 

Yeah i thought exactly this which is why i was still a Green supporter last year. I was also a huge Myers defender throughout the bubble to now. 

What i then realized is that this team is actually really good and the kids excitement in the bubble and playing playoff hockey was enough motivation to beat the wild and blues. 

I am not convinced it was green's coaching but more that the players were simply better than the opponents and their adrenaline took over. 

I am willing to bet a BB coached team would have made it just as far if not further. 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So again we played a game with a player that was actually positive?

Whats the fallout gonna be from this?

I think when they test, he was negative? 

Or did they play again before resulta came back? 

If so thry really need to change how they do this

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Just as it is unbelievable some still claim he is not fit to coach peewee, there is a middle ground and while he deserves his share of the blame it is not fair he gets all of it either. 

Obviously he is fit to coach peewee. 

However hr should get all the blame because the only change made was the coach and here we are on a 6 game win streak with both PP, PK looking infinitely better and us producing more odd man rushes and scoring chances. 

Has Green ever accomplished a 6 game win streak with us before? 

31 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Obviously he is fit to coach peewee. 

However hr should get all the blame because the only change made was the coach and here we are on a 6 game win streak with both PP, PK looking infinitely better and us producing more odd man rushes and scoring chances. 

Has Green ever accomplished a 6 game win streak with us before? 

Coach wasn’t the only change JR and crew say hi.

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Tbh I actually really disagree with this. It was an outlier season, the other 8 seasons Green has coached professional hockey did not live up to that same standard.

Against Vegas, we all watched that series and know the only thing that held us in was our goaltending. We were getting outplayed and outclassed the whole time. 

Based on his record - 3/9 professional seasons making playoff appearances, he appears to be a "terrible coach". 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

So again we played a game with a player that was actually positive?

Whats the fallout gonna be from this?

If he was truly positive we may see more Canucks and Sharks enter protocol in the days to come

They may have to re-evaluate how they're treating this 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Coach wasn’t the only change JR and crew say hi.

Oh yeah they're play improved after JR....:rolleyes:

Not saying that he isnt a great hire because he will make this team better for the long haul bit you are reaching bud.

Are you related to TG or something? 

You're denial is confounding