The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/UPDATE: Game(s) Postponed] December 18, 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs (20-8-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (14-15-2) at 4:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guess they will draw it later? Or it will have to be refunded. 

It would have to be refunded.

Fans bought tickets based on it being a full house against the Leafs on a Saturday night.

The next draw whenever it is would be much smaller.

Just now, DeNiro said:

It would have to be refunded.

Fans bought tickets based on it being a full house against the Leafs on a Saturday night.

The next draw whenever it is would be much smaller.

Or they can still hold the draw.  It would just be a smaller jackpot cuz no in game purchases. 

2 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

If proven to be true and no risk of long covid, then why mess with our Canucks games and Xmas gatherings??? 

The new restrictions really aren't that bad. 

I read them yesterday and nothing of impact other then Canuck games (for me anyways). 

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Unless Alf you're a doctor. You don't know that. The variant is spreading faster than the data. 

Some indications it's milder. Some are saying it's the same. That's what makes this wave very scary. 

Exactly, well said.

It's the part where it's on the move without us having all the data/information that calls for measures to shut it down as much as possible.  The wait and see approach just doesn't work.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Doctors/Nurses/Staff are getting burned out or already burnt out from dealing with Covid.

When my friend was at VGH for his lung issue related to cancer. A patient in isolation died from Covid. 

We're already stretched in regards to medical staff. Covid is making matters infinitely worse. 

The fact the new variant is spreading faster than we can get data is alarming. 

What bugs me is... The messaging has been so vague that most people either don't care or have let their guard down... 

If our healthcare system is sooooo overwhelmed, then... Why don't the top dogs make it sound like real life & death now?? Why don't they get law enforcement to crack down on big gatherings and anti-maskers indoors??  There's so so much they should and could have done but nope!! Everything is kinda nice to do! 

2 hours ago, GB5 said:

That takes me back, I remember back in the late 80's these adds in The Hockey News for t-shirts with satirical team names on them. 

Funny how true the Edmonton one still is to this day.

From the mid-80s: a mail order shirt company that offered a series of  shirts making fun of NHL teams. Including gems like "Philadelphia Cryers"  and "Quebec No-Dekes", and the puns just get

Ohhhh my god lmaooooooo I remember this add!!!!!   Lol this is awesome thank you haha 

• Cheers 1