The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/UPDATE: Game(s) Postponed] December 18, 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs (20-8-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (14-15-2) at 4:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Omicron variant presents as very weak, especially in the vaccinated?  

And again .....I hate to see this site become one of those sites. If only we had a  thread here that people  could focus on hockey Instead of debating covid fact vs opinion

Just my thoughts 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Debunked? 

No, natural immunity was not debunked at all, we just don't want people taking the risk of dealing with Covid to begin with. 

debunked might have been overstating, but I am pretty sure it was proven last year that people could get Covid twice

so what wouldyou call it?

Can You Get Covid Twice? – Cleveland Clinic

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Still selling tix on the Nux website; no announcement; shameful.

It actually says "no seats available" on all sections from what I can see?  And for resales, yes, it allows you to "pick" but then it also gives a "sorry message"?

• RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

I recall the natural immunity was debunked last year

so maybe the everyone is wrong you are listening to are the undereducated or just hopeful

There isn't synthetic or unnatural immunity. It's a bad term like free range organic chicken.  All food are organic. No one eats inorganic matter like metal or plastic. 

It's all immunity. Infection survivor immunity or vaccine induced immunity are all natural.  If you think getting infected is natural then that's a different argument. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Kind of silly but...for what it's worth.

This is where our province is failing.  Shut down some things, not some others.  Abby Canucks are also playing?  No consistency.

Is it the province or the league that shut down the Canucks game though?

I've said it before but it seems like the solution is obvious to me. Take the Christmas/New Year/Feb break right now for a week or two. Have everyone isolate, get to zero cases as in a reset and just cancel those silly Olympics. I would way rather watch NHL hockey anyway then seeing Canada beat China by 45 goals. We've got the world jnrs coming up soon anyway.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Is it the province or the league that shut down the Canucks game though?

I've said it before but it seems like the solution is obvious to me. Take the Christmas/New Year/Feb break right now for a week or two. Have everyone isolate, get to zero cases as in a reset and just cancel those silly Olympics. I would way rather watch NHL hockey anyway then seeing Canada beat China by 45 goals. We've got the world jnrs coming up soon anyway.

League. I guess 5-6 players is the tipping point? 

Just now:

Step 1: Select the country your billing address is located:
CanadaUSAMexico/Other Country
Step 2: Select how you would like to receive your tickets:
Go Mobile
No additional charge
Your phone's your ticket. Locate your tickets in your account - or in your app. When you go mobile, your tickets will not be emailed to you or available for print.
SEC
ROW
SEAT
103-104
Vancouver Canucks
Verified Tickets
Order Details

2 Verified Resale Tickets

CA $260.00
(CA $130.00 x 2)
Fees
CA $34.78 (Service Fee) x 2
CA $69.56
Delivery

No Charge
Total
CA $329.56
By continuing past this page, you agree to our Terms of Use.
Next

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

False advertising then.

They advertised it as a big million dollar draw. I don’t think they can just change that.

It says...estimated.  

That should be enough to get out of any legal troubles. 

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just shut it all down until after new years.

Let players be with their families instead of risking getting infected and losing that ability 

We'll survive two weeks as fans.

BUt we don't want another protracted shut down due to selfish owners who merely want butts in the seats

At first I read that as shut it down for a few years.... lol. 

But great post. 

Mixed feelings. 

Wanted to see the games. 

My family had tix to the game this weekend and but I didn't want them to go under the current community spread. 

My tickets for Kracken likely gone with 50% cap. 

I'm contemplating canceling my flight back for Xmas altogether.