The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/UPDATE: Game(s) Postponed] December 18, 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs (20-8-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (14-15-2) at 4:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

That may or may not be true but we should be getting lots of data from this outbreak. Would be nice to hear from teams how the players are doing. How many are really ill and how bad are the symptoms. Shut down for two weeks, gather the data and create a new testing and protocol plan for moving forward.

I know its not a legit source

but i base a lot of how i feel about covid from how pro athletes fare from it. 

generally the news has sensationalized it to cash in on easy clicks

but hearing reports on players, who have all been vaccinated m, and that they are almost always be asymptomatic tells me that at least being healthy and dosed will be enough to keep the symptoms away

cancelling the games is the right call. Its too bad though that both of the games were allowed to have full capacity 

I bet if the league did some polls league wide asking all the players how they feel regarding shut downs. Or if they are showing any symptoms. You would hear a lot of " I'm completely fine" or " I just Want to play hockey".

Everyone is vaxed, shut down for the holidays and enjoy time with your families but January they need to change their outdated protocols and get on with it.

Just now, Taphouse Canuck said:

The best thing would be to not send a team to China anyway. Use those two weeks to rehabilitate all the players and start again healthy with a fresh schedule.

Also if a player test positive, China will quarantine that player for supposedly 3-5 weeks.

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Postponed cause the Leafs are scared of the new mighty Canucks.

Seriously though I understand it but F'coivd F' it in it's stupid face...F' U sooo much Covid. Tired of you. F' right off.

Same. I do actually wonder though. If it wasn’t the leafs involved would it have been postponed? Seriously though 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Postponed cause the Leafs are scared of the new mighty Canucks.

Seriously though I understand it but F'coivd F' it in it's stupid face...F' U sooo much Covid. Tired of you. F' right off.

I am officially off work (except for a one day check in) and I SO look forward to hockey over the holidays.  Grrrrrrrrr.  Covid's evil.  Supposed to go to the game Thursday too.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1