The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/UPDATE: Game(s) Postponed] December 18, 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs (20-8-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (14-15-2) at 4:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, FijianCanuck said:

My man the nhl dropped the ball when we played Carolina. Vintage and I were on the same page saying no way that game should be played. Now look at us :(

Yup

San Jose must be super happy we came to town 1 week before Christmas then had two more go on protocol. 

nhl better be careful or it’ll be another covid cup with no fans or international travel. 

games should all just be canceled till after the break. 
nhl needs to reassess the way they are handling this. 

Kinda surprised a sport giant hasn’t come out with a mask that doesn’t restrict breathing but still  filters. 
it would suck but it would suck less than games being cancel. 

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Not bad idea if true. And we’ve played the most games in the NHL, how does that keep happening??

And would have played one today, one tomorrow, and one Tuesday (in other words 3 more in the next 4 days = how the NHL wants to schedule Canucks games.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, combover said:

Yup

San Jose must be super happy we came to town 1 week before Christmas then had two more go on protocol. 

nhl better be careful or it’ll be another covid cup with no fans or international travel. 

games should all just be canceled till after the break. 
nhl needs to reassess the way they are handling this. 

Kinda surprised a sport giant hasn’t come out with a mask that doesn’t restrict breathing but still  filters. 
it would suck but it would suck less than games being cancel. 

I feel like what’s gonna happen in a few months when we have a lot more research on Omicron is that COVID protocol is gonna be ditched or changed entirely so that vaccinated players won’t get tested unless they have symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, spook007 said:

And?

I’d rather play them tonight then when they have Tavares and Marner in their lineup. 

We shut down Matthews and Nylander tonight, we’re golden. They’re missing 40% of their top PP unit. 

They’re also missing Spezza tonight who is in the top 6 on their team points wise. 

The fact of the matter is that Toronto was sitting #1 in the league before the injury/covid bug beat them whether we like it or not. 
 This year’s Canucks does not beat this years Leafs when both teams are 100% healthy.  Not at this point anyways... maybe after BB has been coaching for 3 months and they know his systems. 

People here need to understand what a great opportunity this is for our squad tonight. Perfect circumstance. 

Edited by Bure_of_94

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I feel like what’s gonna happen in a few months when we have a lot more research on Omicron is that COVID protocol is gonna be ditched or changed entirely so that vaccinated players won’t get tested unless they have symptoms.

What leads you to that conclusion?

3 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I’d rather play them tonight then when they have Tavares and Marner in their lineup. 

We shut down Matthews and Nylander tonight, we’re golden. They’re missing 40% of their top PP unit. 

They’re also missing Spezza tonight who is in the top 6 on their team points wise. 

The fact of the matter is that Toronto was sitting #1 in the league before the injury/covid bug beat them whether we like it or not. 
 This year’s Canucks does not beat this years Leafs when both teams are 100% healthy.  Not at this point anyways... maybe after BB has been coaching for 3 months and they know his systems. 

People here need to understand what a great opportunity this is for our squad tonight. Perfect circumstance. 

Toronto is overrated; they still haven't found another NHL quality D other than Muzzin and Brodie; they can be exposed by a well coached opponent, especially on the road.  Our forwards are deeper, our defencemen can actually play defence, our goalie is a legit starter, and we are better coached. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3