The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

12 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The variants on this thing are so different that vaccines which immunize you from one still leaves you susceptible to future generations of the same virus.

So why do you still vaxx with the same formula against the wuhan variant which is not in circulation since almost 2 years ? Pfizer said they didn’t modify the formula. So you get jabbed with a outdated product who can.t prevent you to carry and spread and you still call that a vaccine. 
Edit : just saw the moderator comment. 

well back on Kane, i want to hear his side first. I really want to let him the benefice of the doubt. Im may be way to gently but something isnt clear. 

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

At this point the NHLPA probably wants to be done with this clown.

Doubt they’d even put up much of a fight on his behalf.

He can try and fight it in the courts. Good luck though.

Imaging paying mass amounts of dues into a union you’ve worked in for years and years, and they decide to just not support you because you are a jerk.   Lol.  
Luckily things don’t work like that.  

Please don’t become any kind of union rep.  
lol!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The variants on this thing are so different that vaccines which immunize you from one still leaves you susceptible to future generations of the same virus.

So why get the vaccine currently available if it doesn't protect you very well from the dominant variant? ie. Delta and Omicron.

Why have vaccine passports if the vaccine does not prevent transmission?

I think the vaccine still helps with future variants but why mandate it if the name of the game is reducing transmission?

Our hospitals don't seem to be being overrun by covid patients but rather by people with other issues and many of those just so happen to test positive with no covid symptoms.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

26 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You'd hate to see what measures were used by Great Britain in order to fight against authoritarianism.

I don't live in Great Britain bro. Screw all these unelected bureaucrats forcing unconstitutional orders without so much as a single hearing in the house of commons, without legislation being passed to make these orders legal. This is called authoritarianism, having one person be able to tell you what to do is called a dictatorship.

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 3
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

So why get the vaccine currently available if it doesn't protect you very well from the dominant variant? ie. Delta and Omicron.

Why have vaccine passports if the vaccine does not prevent transmission?

I think the vaccine still helps with future variants but why mandate it if the name of the game is reducing transmission?

Our hospitals don't seem to be being overrun by covid patients but rather by people with other issues and many of those just so happen to test positive with no covid symptoms.

Some good points but we should discuss this in covid thread ;) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You can't pick and choose who you represent and stand up for.  

To be honest this whole ordeal is kind of BS.  We got slapped with the full penalty for the Luongo contract.  I'm not happy seeing Sharks just get out under this 7 mil/year contract without any repercussions. 

Agree 100%....

He is a fool, but he is SJSs fool... so they should deal with the problem... just like anyone else.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Imaging paying mass amounts of dues into a union you’ve worked in for years and years, and they decide to just not support you because you are a jerk.   Lol.  
Luckily things don’t work like that.  

Please don’t become any kind of union rep.  
lol!

Rules are rules.

If he broke them bye bye contract. Nothing to do with his personality.

And I would never be a union rep, but thanks.

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Rules are rules.

If he broke them bye bye contract. Nothing to do with his personality.

And I would never be a union rep, but thanks.

I'm not defending Kane by any means, the guy is a chronic moron but players break rules all the time and the result is usually a team fine.

I am wondering where breaking Covid protocols ranks in the hierarchy of rule breaking. Players who miss curfew or a bus or flight get fined or suspended by their teams for a game or two wheras drug violations result in being sent to the NHL substance program and it is only after multiple failed attempts that a contract is terminated.

I keep thinking there is more to this story which could result in a criminal charge of some sort.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Correct.

How hard you fight for certain players is a different story.

If San Jose gets away with terminating an NHL contract over something that happened while said player was playing in the AHL then that would set a precedent. No matter your feelings for Kane does the NHLPA want that precedent set?

Im pretty sure the NHLPA will fight this tooth and nail to the end. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

If San Jose gets away with terminating an NHL contract over something that happened while said player was playing in the AHL then that would set a precedent. No matter your feelings for Kane does the NHLPA want that precedent set?

Who pays his salary while in the AHL?

Doesn’t matter what league he was in. He’s under contract with the Sharks. If he broke the terms of that contract then no more contract.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I'm not defending Kane by any means, the guy is a chronic moron but players break rules all the time and the result is usually a team fine.

I am wondering where breaking Covid protocols ranks in the hierarchy of rule breaking. Players who miss curfew or a bus or flight get fined or suspended by their teams for a game or two wheras drug violations result in being sent to the NHL substance program and it is only after multiple failed attempts that a contract is terminated.

I keep thinking there is more to this story which could result in a criminal charge of some sort.

There is nothing in the statement from the San Jose yeah that this is a criminal action. For all we know Kane was simply not wearing a mask or following the 6 foot rule. 

If San Jose wants to be able to get out of paying Kane almost $23 million for a mask violation then the NHLPA needs to step up and fight that to the bitter end. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

As they should.  

This would set a precedent that teams could explore creative ways to get out from contracts.