The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

Just now, Alflives said:

Kane breaking Covid protocols and foolishly endangering others on a flight, while knowingly being Covid positive, has nothing to do with what you’re going on about.  The guy is a selfish idiot.  I expect he faces criminal and civil charges from this.  

I’m not going on about anything what I’m saying is until you hear both sides you can’t go off on a tangent calling a person a piece of crap his past actions or what you’re judging things on you’re not judging it on what he’s doing today I also don’t think he was Covid positive when he was taking flights and doing all that. he was in violation of Covid protocols by an NHL team which are very different than being positive and endangering other people on flights as you’re going on about I’m not defending his actions all I’m saying is until both sides are heard you need to stop with the name-calling you’re allowed to have your own opinion but at least Base that off facts

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t we have to show a recent negative test to come back?  

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#testing-positive

Positive arrival test or symptoms after your arrival

Monitor for symptoms for 14 days after your arrival.

If a fully vaccinated traveller or unvaccinated child under 12 years of age tests positive:

they must isolate for 10 days

report your test results and/or symptoms to PHAC by calling 1-833-641-0343

Go home and isolate, basically.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#testing-positive

Positive arrival test or symptoms after your arrival

Monitor for symptoms for 14 days after your arrival.

If a fully vaccinated traveller or unvaccinated child under 12 years of age tests positive:

they must isolate for 10 days

report your test results and/or symptoms to PHAC by calling 1-833-641-0343

Go home and isolate, basically.

That’s for persons testing positive after arrival.  Kane knowingly was positive before his departure.  Yet he still got on a plane and crossed international borders.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Kane being a piece of crap is the entire reason it's gotten to this point.

Mr.Heffy. I got a question for you. Do you believe "unjabbed" ppl have the right to Groceries, exercise and providing for their family?

• RoughGame 1

Just now, Alflives said:

That’s for persons testing positive after arrival.  Kane knowingly was positive before his departure.  Yet he still got on a plane and crossed international borders.  

Ppl are vaxxed and still getting covid. Why does it matter if he is unvaxxed? 

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Mr.Heffy. I got a question for you. Do you believe "unjabbed" ppl have the right to Groceries, exercise and providing for their family?

They can get groceries delivered, exercise at home, and work from home.  They should not have the same privileges as people with functioning brains, and this is a conversation for the Covid thread.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

They can get groceries delivered, exercise at home, and work from home.  They should not have the same privileges as people with functioning brains, and this is a conversation for the Covid thread.

Functioning brains. Good luck with that. 

• Haha 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Kane being a piece of crap is the entire reason it's gotten to this point.

Given and  I agree however teams aren’t innocent either. Until both sides come forward and show what is going on there’s no point in just jumping on a person further,  past bad actions don’t immediately mean the future ones are the same it’s a good indicator but it’s also not written in stone and when large sums of money are involved I think it’s better to wait and see is all I’m saying . Sj maybe counting on fan’s response to help them get out of a large cap issue …. Or he may as you say be a dumb piece of crap …. Time will tell 

• Upvote 1

This doesn’t seem legit and will likely be appealed by the NHLPA. Contract termination is not that easy. Sounds like the Sharks are going to use some new Covid breach as a reason. This will be tricky. You have to demonstrate fairness among all your players. You can’t pick and choose your enforcement of club or NHL rules, no matter how much of an a hole he is.

1 minute ago, Bllewellyn said:

Given and  I agree however teams aren’t innocent either. Until both sides come forward and show what is going on there’s no point in just jumping on a person further,  past bad actions don’t immediately mean the future ones are the same it’s a good indicator but it’s also not written in stone and when large sums of money are involved I think it’s better to wait and see is all I’m saying . Sj maybe counting on fan’s response to help them get out of a large cap issue …. Or he may as you say be a dumb piece of crap …. Time will tell 

I'm a believer in Occam's razor, and I also thought he was a piece of garbage long before today.  The Sharks will have done their research and must believe they have a good case.

Just now, KKnight said:

Functioning brains. Good luck with that. 

I think Kane has not only a functioning brain, but that he’s actually very bright.  Here’s a guy who has good looks, elite athletic skills, and he’s bright.  His problem is he thinks he’s smarter and more important than everyone else.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1