The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

8 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Wrong. The business rep and union lawyers better be doing their job to the best of their ability every day, all day.

As a Teamster myself your comment is offensive. My father was a shop steward for decades and if you said that to him when he was alive you would have been doing the man dance on the spot.

It's not meant against teamsters, unions, sports, government, anything. It's reality that equality is long dead. Long ago a victim of greed and corruption. Their is no such thing as equality anymore.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Good gawd, he really screwed this up.

What does cancelling his contract mean for his debt? If his appeal loses, it must change his bankruptcy situation.

Bankruptcy is a privilege, not a right.

You have to behave during the process (and Evander only knows how to behave badly).

He may lose his opportunity to even have a bankruptcy if he has acted illegally in a material way.

Who are his creditors?  They may include 'unsavory characters' who may be looking to 'collect' in their own way, with their own methods.

Personally, I am beginning to think he is going to jail and will face even rougher 'justice' inside. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Good call, I totally forgot about Mike Richards. 

I'll be pretty pissed if Sharks are able to just walk away from Kane's cap hit.  I don't care about how the money gets resolved, but after enduring 3 years of the Luongo's 3 million penalty, I don't want to see league playing favourites and letting Sharks get away with it. 

If Vancouver had a Owner/GM/President with ANY sort of backbone we would have fought the league regarding the Luongo penalty. But we kept out mouth shut like good ole Canadians and absorbed it like cowards and let the league continue to screw the team over

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

If Vancouver had a Owner/GM/President with ANY sort of backbone we would have fought the league regarding the Luongo penalty. But we kept out mouth shut like good ole Canadians and absorbed it like cowards and let the league continue to screw the team over

A bit of a mischaracterization there;

Frank didn't just keep his mouth closed----- He agreed to the CBA that punished us. He signed the deal.

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

wut? 

are you under the impression the NHL is a democracy? its a small group with its own rules, that if an owner doesn't like can go pound sand. 

were you in the room with the Canucks brass? how do you know what was said?

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

what choice did he have? 

He could have said no.

The CBA would still have passed, but the league would not have been able to say "Unanimous agreement".aiui

Having agreed to the deal, an appeal on the recapture penalty would have been a complete waste of time, so at least Frank didn't try.

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

He could have said no.

The CBA would still have passed, but the league would not have been able to say "Unanimous agreement".aiui

Having agreed to the deal, an appeal on the recapture penalty would have been a complete waste of time, so at least Frank didn't try.

I think you have to look at the context of being an owner in a non-original 6 market. Sure Aqua could have done that. What does that do to his relationship with the NHL going forward? it was a crappy, impossible to win situation. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Sure Aqua could have done that. What does that do to his relationship with the NHL going forward? it was a crappy, impossible to win situation. 

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

• Wat 1

19 hours ago, on the cycle said:

To be fair vaccine passports are criminal. They haven't even been deemed constitutional in the US and are being actively contested here in Canada. BTW I am full vaxx, just think this Covid stuff is complete BS.

Covid is BS?  That's what these anti-vativaxxers all agree on. 

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

Our resident anti-vativaxxer who was always on Gobal News also died, he left behind a wife and young child. 

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post/makhan-singh-parhar-48-delta-bc-ca-yoga-instructor-flat-earther-anti-vaxxer-dead

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

if thats Aqua's mind set, why be part of the NHL in the first place? 

People should always stand up for what they believe is right.

Frank agreed to be punished for doing something that was not against the rules.

He rolled, and imo he didn't need to.

"Hey, NHL want a deal, then take out the cap recapture penalty and I'll sign, otherwise you can still have your CBA; but it won't be unanimous."

Any hint that the Canucks would get punished for not voting yes, would be met with a very serious lawsuit.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

People should always stand up for what they believe is right.

Frank agreed to be punished for doing something that was not against the rules.

He rolled, and imo he didn't need to.

"Hey, NHL want a deal, then take out the cap recapture penalty and I'll sign, otherwise you can still have your CBA; but it won't be unanimous."

Any hint that the Canucks would get punished for not voting yes, would be met with a very serious lawsuit.

So why didn't Nashville do that? or any of the other recapture teams? 

At the end of the day you're choosing to be part of a small club running a league. We don't know how heated it got, what was said, etc. But at some point you're in or you're out as part of a business. 

18 hours ago, Me_ said:

Funny enough… I grew up with a good friend of mine back in high school. He got into hockey very early and everyone believed he was on his way to the NHL some day.

One day on a walk, I’m on Main (back in the 90’s it was contained). And some dude begs for change, sketching out on me. 

It was Michael.

My heart still goes out to him today wherever he is, if he’s still with us…

Mikey I'm pretty sure I know the guy as well payed for Brit (East van) had a 2tone helmet black and white cooper like this vv. 

Cooper Helmet (SK 2000S) | Classifieds for Jobs, Rentals, Cars, Furniture  and Free Stuff

Unfortunately Mikey is scitzophrenic. I haven't been in van for 10 years now so I don't know how he is or if he is still alive but when I was in van I'd every so often buy him a coffee n a muffin sit down for a chat. The conversations he had with me were much friendlier than the ones he was having with himself. He's been on a really hard long road. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1