The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

The vaccine was never meant to stop people from getting covid.  It matters if people are unvaxxed as they are more likely to use the hospital ERs and ICU units. 

Maybe pharma and the government's  knew that, but the general public didn't... We thought getting the jab would stop the spread... Whoops!

Omnicom is very mild, I got it... I just stayed home.  It never crossed my mind to go to the hospital because I had mild to no conditions.  'Filling the icu's' is a load if crap... 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

Yup. I totally see that

so the league was on a break. He was already covid positive. If he rented a private plane and went to see willing family members I'm not sure the Sharks are 100% in the clear to do what they want. 

Don't get me wrong, he's an asshat. I just wonder how much power the PA has in this and if they really want to push this. Its my understanding that this goes to an independent arbitrator, not Bettman. 

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Maybe pharma and the government's  knew that, but the general public didn't... We thought getting the jab would stop the spread... Whoops!

Omnicom is very mild, I got it... I just stayed home.  It never crossed my mind to go to the hospital because I had mild to no conditions.  'Filling the icu's' is a load if crap... 

If the general public would listen, it would know the vaccines aren’t cures. The difference was stated long ago during the first wave.

There are no more excuses. 

Are you vaccinated? Your two vaccines are meant to decrease the symptoms. A buddy of mine in Maine got Covid on a trip to New Mexico. He felt safe after getting his third shot.

Vaccine. Not a cure.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

We knew quite early on that they were not 100% effective against Covid.  I remember very early on that they would range from 70-85% for prevention (long before I had my first jab).

The sheer volume Omicron infections is showing an increase in hospitalizations in some areas.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-hospitalizations-rising-countrywide-as-omicron-threatens-to-overrun/#:~:text=The Quebec health care system continues to show,of the pandemic in the spring of 2020.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I have a 30 something year old friend that had been making 100,000 a year for the last 10 years but is 60k in debt and has always dated crazy girls that punch holes in his wall, call the cops in the middle of the night and physically/verbally assault him. 

At least he never had a kid. 

Finally his parents intervened, took away all his access to his bank accounts, and now they give him $200 per week allowance. Kinda funny but it's actually straightened him out. 

Nice guy, wouldn't hurt a fly unless the fly &^@#ed with him first but hasn't had a sense of responsibility in 20 years. 

Could be the root course to most of Kanes problems... way too much too early in his life...

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Could be the root course to most of Kanes problems... way too much too early in his life...

Whatever the reason the man clearly lacks any real character or integrity.  He really only has himself to blame for the situation he finds himself in 

• Cheers 2

Just now, qwijibo said:

Whatever the reason the man clearly lacks any real character or integrity.  He really only has himself to blame for the situation he finds himself in 

Absolutely...

Can't believe he seemingly travelled to Vancouver, while he was Covid positive... This is beyond real...

• Cheers 3

20 minutes ago, Me_ said:

If the general public would listen, it would know the vaccines aren’t cures. The difference was stated long ago during the first wave.

There are no more excuses. 

Are you vaccinated? Your two vaccines are meant to decrease the symptoms. A buddy of mine in Maine it’s got Covid on a trip to New Mexico. He felt safe after getting his third shot.

Vaccine. Not a cure.

I see thanks for the explanation... I'm glad that when as a child I got the small pox, measles, and polio shots... I guess I was lucky... (Like pretty well everyone else that got those vaccines), that they worked to stop me from getting or giving those viruses and stopped the spreading of them.  Call me old fashion but that's how I grew up understanding what a vaccine does.  Which is very different than our current vaccines fighting the covid virus.  

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Hogs & Podz said:

I see thanks for the explanation... I'm glad that when as a child I got the small pox, measles, and polio shots... I guess I was lucky... (Like pretty well everyone else that got those vaccines), that they worked to stop me from getting or giving those viruses and stopped the spreading of them.  Call me old fashion but that's how I grew up understanding what a vaccine does.  Which is very different than our current vaccines fighting the covid virus.  

That’s how powerful this sh*t disease is.

31 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

The vaccine was never meant to stop people from getting covid.  It matters if people are unvaxxed as they are more likely to use the hospital ERs and ICU units. 

That is a bit of a broad statement

isn't that like saying that chemo + radiation aren't meant to cure cancer because it doesn't have a 100% success rate?

cancer treatments have been around for over 50 year

AIDs treatments over 30 year

Covid 1 year, and hastily created at that

there have been many developments in cancer and AIDs research, but very little time to perfect the COVID vaccine

It seems a little early to be attaching "Never" to Covid technologies

13 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Well the Jab has done quite well against version 1 Covid, ( whats that one called Alphabits Covid?) and Delta, but not so good with Omicron

I do recall a statement that boosters would likely be needed,

if the Vax was not created, maybe Omicron does not develop, there would have been just a whole lot more death from the original Covid 

You seem to be judging the whole state of COvid based on your personal experience

Since this is a hockey forum how does your experience compare to Brandon Sutter's?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1