The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

No you can’t.  He got on a plane and came into Canada while knowingly being Covid positive.  How in the heck does he even get through customs?  Did he show a fake negative test result?  Jail time.  Civil suits from any passengers on that flight who got Covid.  

As long as he didn’t lie he can and did go through all those things. He may have had a real negative test he would have need that going both ways you would think. It doesn’t mean he didn’t do something sj didn’t like though ….

17 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Jan 8 th was a scheduled appearance for him to be in court for continued deliberations for his divorce case.

im sure it’s associated with this some how,.  And someone (Wilson) may perhaps be trying to end his contract over it.

see what comes out of this.. if it’s true

His divorce case is handled by the court in Santa Clara County - no reason for him to cross the border.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Other players haven't committed criminal medical fraud.  From a player safety standpoint, you have to take additional steps to avoid this walking biohazard doesn't infect the rest of the team.

To be fair vaccine passports are criminal. They haven't even been deemed constitutional in the US and are being actively contested here in Canada. BTW I am full vaxx, just think this Covid stuff is complete BS.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 4

6 minutes ago, Bllewellyn said:

It can’t be this easy to terminate a contract or you would think The Canucks would’ve terminated Virtanen’s contract with all the speculation that went on with him I think those allegations are far worse than Covid protocol breechesThe Canucks would’ve terminated Virtanen’s contract with all the speculation that went on with him I think those allegations are far worse than Covid protocol breeches

There was never anything confirmed with Virtanen, that's still an ongoing police process, totally different scenario. If the Sharks are attempting to terminate a 20+ million dollar contract I'm assuming they've got something a bit more damning than speculation. 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How would he fly if he was Covid positive?

Not sure, that's just what's been reported, I'm guessing we'll find out more as this plays out 

Just now, King Heffy said:

Yeah, nothing earns respect like endangering the lives of one's own parents.

Family is family and everyone has there own comfort level I’m not here to judge how him and his family interact but I do no many parents  wouldn’t hesitate to have their child at home when they’re sick no matter what the risks could be or age of child.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Bllewellyn said:

Family is family and everyone has there own comfort level I’m not here to judge how him and his family interact but I do no many parents  wouldn’t hesitate to have their child at home when they’re sick no matter what the risks could be or age of child.

Fair but it says everything about who he is as a man that he has that little regard for his own parents' safety.  Absolute pitiful excuse for a human being; I have even less respect for this piece of garbage today than I ever had.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Fair but it says everything about who he is as a man that he has that little regard for his own parents' safety.  Absolute pitiful excuse for a human being; I have even less respect for this piece of garbage today than I ever had.

If his parents are fully vaccinated and have done everything that the media and everybody else says you’re supposed to do there again is no real danger it’s been proven unless you have multiple morbidities that your rate of serious problems is much less so for him to go home if his family deemed it was OK I’m not here to judge him people want to be near the people closest to them in times of need for you to be so judge mental it kind of reflects a little on you especially when it in no way effects you …. We don’t know why he went to Vancouver maybe he was bringing his child to his parents so they can watch over her since he has sole custody now we don’t know the facts yet here you are judging him yes his past actions show he has poor decisions but we don’t know what led to this decision yet you’re continuing to judge him. All I’m saying is until we see both sides I’m reserving judgement

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Exactly.  He's a Canadian citizen, so would not be stopped from entering the country.  I really hope that the Sharks lose at their attempt to terminate his contract.  As a Canuck fan, I want SJ to sit with Kane's $5.875m on their salary cap for 4yrs.:towel:

Don’t we have to show a recent negative test to come back?  

1 minute ago, Bllewellyn said:

If his parents are fully vaccinated and have done everything that the media and everybody else says you’re supposed to do there again is no real danger it’s been proven unless you have multiple morbidities that your rate of serious problems is much less so for him to go home if his family deemed it was OK I’m not here to judge him people want to be near the people closest to them in times of need for you to be so judge mental it kind of reflects a little on you especially when it in no way effects you …. We don’t know why he went to Vancouver maybe he was bringing his child to his parents so they can watch over her since he has sole custody now we don’t know the facts yet here you are judging him yes his past actions show he has poor decisions but we don’t know what led to this decision yet you’re continuing to judge him. All I’m saying is until we see both sides I’m reserving judgement

Kane breaking Covid protocols and foolishly endangering others on a flight, while knowingly being Covid positive, has nothing to do with what you’re going on about.  The guy is a selfish idiot.  I expect he faces criminal and civil charges from this.  

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1