The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

They should investigate… but unless there is  evidence he lied to authorities it shouldn’t change much.  He would have had to provide a negative PCR test to be allowed into Canada. The CDC guidelines and even the NHL guidelines were reduced to a 5 day isolation period by the time he travelled so he didn’t break those.

As I suspected they are scrambling to find a way to not have this guy sign another contract right away.  It tanks a big chunk of the San Jose arbitration case if several teams and the league think he can play under the exact terms (aside from money) as the contract they just voided.  Especially bad news if Kane goes on to finish he season with no incident.  It then makes it look all about San Jose not wanting to pay Jon what they agreed to.

It’s the games he plays vs the Sharks I look forward to.. regardless of who he signs with.

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

I only see one side of the conversation since I blocked the person you've been responding to awhile back. Getting rid of their stupid comments made time here better. You do you, but I highly suggest doing the same. It's obvious they are just a bored troll and thrive off trying to insult people and dragging them I into a fight that no one wins. Some people on the internet are just crappy, you can't fix bad people. Removing fuel from the fire allows it to burn out and disappear. Which is best case scenario.

I did the same last night.  No point in wasting my time there.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 4

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

They should investigate… but unless there is  evidence he lied to authorities it shouldn’t change much.  He would have had to provide a negative PCR test to be allowed into Canada. The CDC guidelines and even the NHL guidelines were reduced to a 5 day isolation period by the time he travelled so he didn’t break those.

As I suspected they are scrambling to find a way to not have this guy sign another contract right away.  It tanks a big chunk of the San Jose arbitration case if several teams and the league think he can play under the exact terms (aside from money) as the contract they just voided.  Especially bad news if Kane goes on to finish he season with no incident.  It then makes it look all about San Jose not wanting to pay Jon what they agreed to.

The NHL announced the changes on the 29th - the same day he allegedly travelled to Vancouver.  Players in protocol probably wouldn't have been cleared just yet.  Kurz and Masisak say it's unclear whether he actually made into Vancouver.    

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I did the same last night.  No point in wasting my time there.

The poster in question has been suspended before for acting like a tool. Based off how this thread seems to be going down I would suspect it's just a matter of time until it happens again. The lack of respect is disgusting. 

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, mll said:

The NHL announced the changes on the 29th - the same day he allegedly travelled to Vancouver.  Players in protocol probably wouldn't have been cleared just yet.  Kurz and Masisak say it's unclear whether he actually made into Vancouver.    

The memo was reported widely in the media on the 29th, no idea when it actually went out to the NHLPA and players.  The CDC policy changed on the 22nd.  He didn’t reportedly travel for 7 days.  Vs. The required 5.  There are some timelines things that can be brought  into evidence from either side that can sway things a little, but nothing seems to overcome the fact the incident is really minor compared with other more serious actual criminal convictions some players have had that didn’t result in a tiny fraction of the punishment.

An example of timeline evidence  is if Kane’s team can show an email from the NHLPA about the policy changing on the 27th, and then show Kane actually booked a flight any time after becoming aware of that… the San Jose case is almost surely done.  Something clear like that also probably opens them up for punitive damages.  They unilaterally canceled a $22+ million dollar contract without giving him a chance to explain or present exculpatory evidence?  Yikes that would show they are just being patently unreasonable.  If he didn’t actually get to Canada?  Again how do they fire him without checking into thst?

My mind is still open to the possibility there is a lot more to the story.  It seems so outrageous an action by San Jose that they could have some iron clad evidence.  Like a chain of emails telling him he isn’t allowed to travel, him telling them to eff off, and then falsifying a negative COVID test to illegally cross the border.  We know he is a dummy so it isn’t impossible there is something line that out there.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Provost said:

The memo was reported widely in the media on the 29th, no idea when it actually went out to the NHLPA and players.  The CDC policy changed on the 22nd.  He didn’t reportedly travel for 7 days.  Vs. The required 5.  There are some timelines things that can be brought  into evidence from either side that can sway things a little, but nothing seems to overcome the fact the incident is really minor compared with other more serious actual criminal convictions some players have had that didn’t result in a tiny fraction of the punishment.

An example of timeline evidence  is if Kane’s team can show an email from the NHLPA about the policy changing on the 27th, and then show Kane actually booked a flight any time after becoming aware of that… the San Jose case is almost surely done.  Something clear like that also probably opens them up for punitive damages.  They unilaterally canceled a $22+ million dollar contract without giving him a chance to explain or present exculpatory evidence?  Yikes that would show they are just being patently unreasonable.  If he didn’t actually get to Canada?  Again how do they fire him without checking into thst?

My mind is still open to the possibility there is a lot more to the story.  It seems so outrageous an action by San Jose that they could have some iron clad evidence.  Like a chain of emails telling him he isn’t allowed to travel, him telling them to eff off, and then falsifying a negative COVID test to illegally cross the border.  We know he is a dummy so it isn’t impossible there is something line that out there.

The NHL is backing them up.  If they felt it was something far too minor why agree with SJS that they have grounds to terminate.  When he used that fake vaccine card and got suspended for it the contract wasn't cancelled so why now.  

• Cheers 2

16 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

My mount rushmore of power forwards would have to be Howe, Neely, Iginla, Lindros. Honourable mention to Charlie Conacher. Dishonourable mention to Messier too. 

I love when Lemieux gets lumped in as a power forward, he had some elements of power forward just because he was so big, but never really a true power forward.

Even Ovi is a little borderline for me as he doesn’t have that full edge to be a true power forward but is close enough I consider him one in todays NHL. 

He wasn't a power forward because he was also the most skilled forward on the ice but when needed he could play it better than almost eveyrone, 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

My mount rushmore of power forwards would have to be Howe, Neely, Iginla, Lindros. Honourable mention to Charlie Conacher. Dishonourable mention to Messier too. 

I love when Lemieux gets lumped in as a power forward, he had some elements of power forward just because he was so big, but never really a true power forward.

Even Ovi is a little borderline for me as he doesn’t have that full edge to be a true power forward but is close enough I consider him one in todays NHL. 

Bertuzzi?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

The NHL is backing them up.  If they felt it was something far too minor why agree with SJS that they have grounds to terminate.  When he used that fake vaccine card and got suspended for it the contract wasn't cancelled so why now.  

don't you find it funny though, they came out backing SJS and today they are deciding to investigate more? cart before horse?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

don't you find it funny though, they came out backing SJS and today they are deciding to investigate more? cart before horse?

would sure like to see the NHL get caught with their nuts in the wringer here; open the door up for other old grudges perhaps?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

Funny, yup. Unexpected from this corrupt leugue of clowns at head office? Nope. 

6 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

would sure like to see the NHL get caught with their nuts in the wringer here; open the door up for other old grudges perhaps?

Daly is as greasy as a 5th wheel. Its just so him to come out supporting SJ before he had all the information. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

What if he causes enough trouble that McDiver demands a trade to an NHL team?

Imagine the opposite, Edmonton goes on a run in the playoffs. 
Having to listen to Ron McLean do some puff peace on the redemption of this d-bag would be enough to make me want to put my foot through TV.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Imagine the opposite, Edmonton goes on a run in the playoffs. 
Having to listen to Ron McLean do some puff peace on the redemption of this d-bag would be enough to make me want to put my foot through TV.

at least you can fix it yourself. What are the rest of us supposed to do?