The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If the Oilers sign Kane the narrative will be a mix of criticism and praise.

If the Lightning sign Kane it will be hailed a good low risk move for a team with lots of leadership.

If the Leafs sign Kane they will proclaim Dubas GM of the year and say that the Leafs are now cup favourites!

Sounds about right. 

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If the Lightning sign Kane it will be hailed a good low risk move for a team with lots of leadership.

If the Leafs sign Kane they will proclaim Dubas GM of the year and say that the Leafs are now cup favourites!

Leafs need Kane so they can stop losing to the Coyotes!  Loser Leafs Lose again!  :lol:

Caught this out of a SN feed this morning,

no wonder the Sharks were keen on losing Kane :

With the Sharks terminating Evander Kane’s contract and freeing up $7 million in cap space for the next three seasons, there is suddenly enough dough to take care of Hertl, who already hit the 20-goal plateau in January.

Yes, Hertl could be the best rental forward on the market, but he’d be nearly impossible to replace internally next season.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/nhl-best-unrestricted-free-agents-2022-ufas-rumours/

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Caught this out of a SN feed this morning,

no wonder the Sharks were keen on losing Kane :

With the Sharks terminating Evander Kane’s contract and freeing up $7 million in cap space for the next three seasons, there is suddenly enough dough to take care of Hertl, who already hit the 20-goal plateau in January.

Yes, Hertl could be the best rental forward on the market, but he’d be nearly impossible to replace internally next season.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/nhl-best-unrestricted-free-agents-2022-ufas-rumours/

yeah the self-interest here on SJ's part is pretty obvious, apart from any other aspect of the story.

Daly came out very early supporting SJS too, even before all the evidence was in or investigation done. Thats pretty telling. 

It makes me think Kane will see another major suspension otherwise Daly will look like an idiot. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He's openly, not vaccinated, NHL is investigating him, again, for how he managed to cross the border without vaccination. He likely bought another forged card. If that's the case, he could easily be suspended from playing in the NHL for the rest of the season.

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It'd be even worse if we signed him

• Cheers 4

19 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

He's openly, not vaccinated, NHL is investigating him, again, for how he managed to cross the border without vaccination. He likely bought another forged card. If that's the case, he could easily be suspended from playing in the NHL for the rest of the season.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

13 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Government seems to get there own positive / negative testing terminology backwards.

Personally I take a negative test as “ not having” and a positive test “as having” :unsure:

From Dec 15 th. Into Canada having tested with Covid prior:

If you’ve already had COVID-19 and recovered

If you are now symptom-free, you can provide proof of a positive COVID-19 molecular test when crossing the border, instead of a negative one.

• The test must have been taken at least 15 and no more than 180 days before (starting January 15, 2022, between 11 and 180 days):
    • the initial scheduled departure time of your aircraft
    • your scheduled entry into Canada by water or land
  • The proof of the positive result must be from an accepted type of molecular test
  • If your positive proof is accepted you won’t have to take arrival or Day-8 tests 

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#pre-entry-testing  

Edit:  Dec 15th they quote Jan 15th changes ?? 
are governments always this confusing?

:picard:

Don't really want to wade in on the whole argument, but not really sure why you're confused by this government policy and statement.

Yes, if you had COVID, you can show a positive test showing that you had it as long as it has been at least 15 days since the positive test (as opposed to the regular method of showing a negative test). The minimum 15 days after positive test (and no symptoms) shows that you had it but are no longer contagious. 

The second part is that starting January 15th that minimum will be reduced to 11 days after testing positive instead of the current 15 days. 

I'm not really sure if you're trying to argue just for the sake of arguing, but I don't see anything contradictory in the government wording.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Hes fully vaccinated and for all we know he might be already tested negative and the quarantine days have reduced to 5.

Just now, WHL rocks said:

To come into Canada you need a negative covid test 24 hrs before you cross border.. otherwise can't get into Canada. 

SJS hust trying to get out of paying the remainder of his contract. 

Sharks probably want the cap to make a move too and/or to re-sign players I reckon, on top of parting with Kane’s baggage. 

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Sharks probably want the cap to make a move too and/or to re-sign players I reckon, on top of parting with Kane’s baggage. 

This guy has been hated by almost everyone of his teammates ever since he came into the league...and for San Jose it has been widely rumoured that Thomas Hertl had told management he wouldn’t be resigning with them if Kane was still on the roster...

4 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Don't really want to wade in on the whole argument, but not really sure why you're confused by this government policy and statement.

Yes, if you had COVID, you can show a positive test showing that you had it as long as it has been at least 15 days since the positive test (as opposed to the regular method of showing a negative test). The minimum 15 days after positive test (and no symptoms) shows that you had it but are no longer contagious. 

The second part is that starting January 15th that minimum will be reduced to 11 days after testing positive instead of the current 15 days. 

I'm not really sure if you're trying to argue just for the sake of arguing, but I don't see anything contradictory in the government wording.

No argument.. I was just finding and sharing information and trying to understand it with others here at a late hour,.   I was trying to absorb information but my brain was asleep..

thanks for your clarity. 

32 minutes ago, Podz92 said:

This guy has been hated by almost everyone of his teammates ever since he came into the league...and for San Jose it has been widely rumoured that Thomas Hertl had told management he wouldn’t be resigning with them if Kane was still on the roster...

In an interview Hertl claimed he wanted to get a deal done before he went to UFA .. Or he would be happy to be going elsewhere.

the only way they get that type of money is by losing Kane,   the 3.5 might have done it,.  But the bad relationship between The Sharks and Kane had the Sharks waiting for the first opportunity to terminate.

it’s all quite interesting really..

Covid and ever adjusting rules, laws, and protocols hasn’t helped anything either.

I have no idea why my gym is closed when everybody in the Liquor store and Grocery Market are shoulder to shoulder.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

In an interview Hertl claimed he wanted to get a deal done before he went to UFA .. Or he would be happy to be going elsewhere.

the only way they get that type of money is by losing Kane,   the 3.5 might have done it,.  But the bad relationship between The Sharks and Kane had the Sharks waiting for the first opportunity to terminate.

Covid and ever adjusting rules, laws, and protocols hasn’t helped anything either.

I have no idea why my gym is closed when everybody in the Liquor store and Grocery Market are shoulder to shoulder.

Must be the sweat, the HUURRRRR of lifting weights and the micro water droplets, each acting as a potential vehicle to carry the 0.1-0.5 micron little devils around to each others’ mouths.

Otherwise I too am at a loss.

Edited by Me_

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The gym closures are a joke. I have been getting by with dumbells and bench at home. Not the same. I miss the gym, the friends there, the scenery ;)

• Cheers 1