The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 11, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers at 4:00 pm on  SNP TV and SNP650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

The only way i'd ever consider trading for Kane or signing him as a UFA which also could be possible by the summer, would be if he signed a long very clear, legal document stating any off ice antics are cause for immediate termination including gambling.    You just don't want that guy around our young players.  How he could accrue 28ish million in gambling debts is just dumfounding.  Spending his money before he's even earned it.    He's ill, in the head.   And also have the NHLPa sign off on it, which of course they won't.   So never it is. 

I would not even go anywhere near this guy. I supervised someone in the past who is a very productive worker but had an absolutely terrible attitude towards their colleagues/supervisors. No one can tolerate them so that eventually we just moved on from them when their contract is up despite the fact that they are a very productive worker. It is just the same in hockey,

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, KyGuy123 said:

Can we terminate Sutters contact at this point? How was he even medically cleared to sign a contract? Hamonic as well, how were either of these guys signed in the off-season without due diligence being performed. That $4.15 million and two contact spots that could easily been producing for us. 

When you have an incompetent management group this is what happens...Not asking if players are vaxxed before signing them and not bringing in all players for a full medical exam after having covid and lingering symptoms. It is what it is now, not that big of a deal and THANKFULLY we got rid of said management staff who was long over due to get replaced.

Let's hope the new GM is a bit smarter and better at talking in interviews

• Wat 2

11 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

One guy Im keen to watch is Dickinson. His PK wasnt solid enough under Green, but if he can contribute now and be a physical shut down winger with Bo, that’s a helpful role on the team.  A little better puck luck/finish would go a long ways.

I wonder if  Highmore ends up replacing Motte. But with COVID it might be a better idea to keep whatever depth you can.  Id love to see Nick Paul Lammiko Highmore

Motte>>>Highmore

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I would not even go anywhere near this guy. I supervised someone in the past who is a very productive worker but had an absolutely terrible attitude towards their colleagues/supervisors. No one can tolerate them so that eventually we just moved on from them when their contract is up despite the fact that they are a very productive worker. It is just the same in hockey,

There is no way i'd let him near my crew.    Had a three day trial for anyone, if they couldn't hack it OR they didn't get along they were gone (and was very very careful who'd i'd let in) .   The worst thing that can happen is a borderline guy letting him in and then having to fire him later.  This guy isn't "borderline" he's nuclear.    I wouldn't let him near our team with a ten foot pole.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1