The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 11, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers at 4:00 pm on  SNP TV and SNP650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

27 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Listen to a real coach talking boys. You think someone like Baumgartner who barely ever played on an NHL PP could get anyone to listen to him? And listen to Bruce explaining why those returning guys are doing a skate versus Travis making everyone die during a bag skate just because its his thing.

I can't say conclusively, but I'm not sure how much pp time boudreau got in the nhl as a half point per game player over a 140 game career. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Why is it sad I didn't watch a 90s sitcom? 

It's not.  Personally haven't watched a sitcom other then flipping through channels with the wife (who likes them) and ending up there.   It's not sad that's for sure.   Most are completely ridiculous.  Well actually all of them, except Mash which was a political statement on Vietnam.  

48 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Everything he said sounded highly convincing and informative, like he can still teach everyone on the team something new, even the veterans. He is demanding and challenges guys, all while being charismatic, approachable and entertaining. Looks like a fantastic coach. :)

Definitely a breath of fresh air... Very upbeat.

11 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

For me it was Blackadder. Funniest show ever. 

Benny Hill and of course Flying Circus for me.   Those Brit's take comedy to another level.   Ludicrous stuff.   John Cleese (RIP) was extraordinary.  Their stand up was absolutely brilliant as well. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Hold on... John Cleese isn't dead last I checked, he's just very old!

Yes it's Terry Jones ... two down four to go as John Cleese said ... even finds comedy in death.   Glad to see someone is paying attention. 

Celebrity hoax death didn't kill him.   But i think he made a pretty good "Q" in James Bond. 

Edited by IBatch

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Very interesting to compare Green's mic'd up video vs Bruce's

Seemed a lot more barking from Green's end. Even in the clip, he sort of embarrassed Pearson in front of others, seemed a tad tense and awkward. Bruce comes alongside players to point out what he doesn't like but had a tone of calm and gentleness. Seemed like Green was really harsh at times on his players.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, tas said:

I can't say conclusively, but I'm not sure how much pp time boudreau got in the nhl as a half point per game player over a 140 game career. 

I actually saw him play in the late 70s when I was a Leafs season ticket holder.  He was a great AHL goalscorer with New Brunswick, but never really excelled with the Leafs despite getting callups every season. (Although 70 points in 141 career games isn't too shabby)  His best season was 81-82 ... 103 points in 65 games with Cincinnati. Then just 2 assists in 12 games with the Leafs.  Similar to our (ex) Reid Boucher ... good hands, but a step slow for the NHL game

He had 7 PP points with the Leafs in 134 games, so I dont think (and can't remember if) he was a regular on the powerplay.

8 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Very interesting to compare Green's mic'd up video vs Bruce's

Seemed a lot more barking from Green's end. Even in the clip, he sort of embarrassed Pearson in front of others, seemed a tad tense and awkward. Bruce comes alongside players to point out what he doesn't like but had a tone of calm and gentleness. Seemed like Green was really harsh at times on his players.

Sounded like a pretty typical practice. I don’t think Green had lost his players if effort was any indicator. Boudreau has a straight forward message which seems to resonate with players. Boudreau is the whole package whereas one can question why Green didn’t adjust more. 

• Cheers 1