The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 11, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers at 4:00 pm on  SNP TV and SNP650 Radio

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hamonic was injured in the Boston game on December 8.  He hasn't played since including 3 home games.  He is fully vaccinated.  Not sure what part of all of that people don't seem to be understanding.  What is it with the anti-Hamonic crowd out there?  Are you guys missing all your favourite whipping boys like Virtanen and Loui?

Understandable that not all his issues were his fault. If he were making league min, no one would care but it just seems like his head hasn’t been with the team almost immediately after he signed his extension.

No one can really know for sure what’s going on in his life, but it just seems like it’s always something new with this guy and the frustration with the fanbase is understandable.

Some guys are just living management nightmares, his fault or not, and it wears on a fanbase that would like to see his cap hit allocated otherwise.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Strawbone said:

Yup, I have low expectations after a long layoff and an east coast road trip against some of the best teams in the league. I they can win more than 2 games I'll consider it a victory, as long as they look competitive. Then come back home and feast on some western conference teams and leapfrog in to the playoffs! 

No worries Bruce faced them plenty when he was with Washington.  So easy peasy 

• Cheers 1

Canucks hockey , could it be ….

Well Bruce got some practice time.

The Team should be pumped. 

“that’s a good team over there “

Our boys need a strong 60 -65 minute performance from the net out to win this one. 
should be a good test. 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta think he’s just stretching this thing out until the end of the current wave.

Time to look at some trade scenarios with him. Dont need players that aren’t fully committed.

Just like when there was controversy on here surrounding Hamonic vaccine status we shouldn’t assume anything until we know what’s going on. We don’t know what happened. I hope he overcomes whatever his set back is to play with us again sooner then later. That all said I’m definitely not opposed to trading him depending on the return and who we’d get to replace him as the 4-6 ish D man.

• Vintage 1

Can we terminate Sutters contact at this point? How was he even medically cleared to sign a contract? Hamonic as well, how were either of these guys signed in the off-season without due diligence being performed. That $4.15 million and two contact spots that could easily been producing for us. 

• Vintage 2