The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL All-Star jerseys unveiled

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I actually like the simplicity. Reminds me of the old East vs West colours for sure.

If they'd bring back East vs West and go back to selecting the best players instead of having a token player from every team I might almost be inclined to care about the all-star game a little.

Jerseys are okay, but the all-star game as currently structured sucks, and has for a while. 

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If they'd bring back East vs West and go back to selecting the best players instead of having a token player from every team I might almost be inclined to care about the all-star game a little.

Jerseys are okay, but the all-star game as currently structured sucks, and has for a while. 

Yeah. Personally, I'd prefer if we actually selected the best players instead of ensuring at least one player per team, even if that meant no Canucks were going. Would make it mean a bit more to be selected.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah. Personally, I'd prefer if we actually selected the best players instead of ensuring at least one player per team, even if that meant no Canucks were going. Would make it mean a bit more to be selected.

Exactly.  It's the All Star game after all, not a grade 4 track and field meet where everyone gets a ribbon.  East vs. West also puts some rivalry back into it.  

14 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

For real, I don't give a crap who the best of the NHL worst Arizona Coyotes or Montreal Canadiens is. Send the cream of the crop, make it mean something to be an NHL all-star the way it used to kind of mean something. Don't have a player from your team at the game? Tough luck. 

Now it's a joke. 

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Oh the memory of poor ole Kessel getting picked last and another year of OV wanting to get picked last and not getting that wish. 

Simple all right.

I guess at least its not overly complicated, but still, its a fricken all star game. Of all the places its held to come up with a jersey I expected Vegas to have a little more glitz and glamour.  I always have to remind myself this isn't for me or my peers, its for the kids and for the sponsors.   So in that regard, I think they could have done something to stand out a bit more, a bit more fun.