The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Carolina Hurricanes | Jan. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

56 minutes ago, thrago said:

The thing that frustrates me is why have BB and EP never been able to be as good as their rookie years? They should both be better but they are both worse and it's killed this team.

In the late 70's the Canucks drafted Jere Gillis #4 overall. He scored 23 goals in his rookie year of which 18 or 20 were in the first half of the year (it was a long time ago lol). He never scored more then 13 the rest of his career. Point is that initial success is no guarantee of long range success. Hope that isn't the case for EP and BB

Edited by Moe Knows
draft error
  • Like 1

Meh.   
That was to be expected.  
The run was fun, but we have zero reason to think we could compete with any of these teams.   
EP was horrid, Brock was invisible, Demko was fairly average.   

Im glad we are coming back to earth now, instead of after the trade deadline.  
There is lots of work to be done with this team.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

His QO bothers me. 

Yes. 7.5 mill is too high. I think he takes a 1 year QO contract and try to improve his stats next season. 

I don't know how canucks sign him to a big money long term deal or how BB takes a long term discounted deal.. Canucks would want him under 6mill long term. 

It's worth it for BB to bet on him self and also be 2 mill overpaid with his 7.5 mill QO next season.. 

I think he takes the 7.5 mill 1 year deal for next season. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I still dont know how we beat them in the bubble. Prob cuz there wasnt really home ice advantage 

Armstrong revealed that 20% of their roster got affected by Covid with all displaying symptoms with some with significant weight loss.  Berube confirmed that some key players were still recuperating.  Armstrong also talked about how they had quite a few players who were very worried for their families and it made it hard for them to focus.  

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Why does Petey deserve mercy in the wave of criticism? He’s been awful and makes so much money.

Because if he doesn’t turn things around… our team is looking at a decade more of futility.

I am confident he will be fine.  He does have to be a superstar, just a 60-80 point guy who is also decent defensively.  Barring something crazy happening, that is still his floor.

Young players stumble all the time and have bad years.  If you hear coaches and veterans talk, a lot of success in the NHL is learning how to be a pro.  Petterson is still years away from his prime.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Great day of sports watching for me

I'm a huge UFC fan NFL fan and NHL fan. Those 3 are my main 3 sports. 

Canucks game 10am

NFL 1:30 pm

NFL 5:30 pm

UFC 4 pm

Pats playing tonight Bucs tomorrow. Both teams I cheer for. 

UFC is not ppv, its a fight night.. Just the main event is the only must watch fight for me... So I'll manage between ufc and NFL.. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I just think the blame Green narrative is silly and unlikely to be the reason BB and EP continue to struggle. Miller played the best hockey of his career under Green after leaving teams coached by Cooper and Vigneault. I hope they both snap out of it because we are a better team when they perform.

No doubt.   People need to smarten up.   They've got their long wanted "experienced coach" they got one.   It's only 3 games.   And tough teams too.   Green wouldn't have gotten a bye though he'd have been crucified.    Maybe we just aren't good enough yet and need some better players?  

• Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Armstrong revealed that 20% of their roster got affected by Covid with all displaying symptoms with some with significant weight loss.  Berube confirmed that some key players were still recuperating.  Armstrong also talked about how they had quite a few players who were very worried for their families and it made it hard for them to focus.  

Thanks! This goes to confirm this roster truly isn't good enough. I wonder what the series wouldve been like if STL was 100% and had home ice advantage.