The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Carolina Hurricanes | Jan. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

We’re not out of a playoff hunt by any means. Oilers and Flames are struggling just as much if not worse than us. 

Couple games in hand to make up ground on SJ and ANA. 

Maybe these games are fodder for a change or two that can right the ship or get us some momentum again. 

Rutherford has some guts and will not be afraid to make a big move if it seems like it can make us better. 

Didn’t BB say after the Florida loss that good teams don’t lose 2 in a row? The effort has been there this road trip we’re just not a good team. Lots of holes to be filled. Outside of Hughes the D doesn’t help at all offensively so it may as well be 3v5 in the offensive zone if he’s not on the ice. No game breakers at forward. JR has his work cut out for him but I’m excited to see what he can do!

That was barfffff. Can't remember when the Nucks plays a decent early start.  Perhaps 2010. I hate losing this way. The earlier two losses I can handle, but this was a slow and lazy effort. It's like they decided they need to play PK style all game instead of pressuring. And the D were about half as nasty as Carolina. Carolina deserved this win and it appears their crowd had a great game and time all-round as we lick our wounds. Time to give Hunt some work in the minors. Time to trade for some physicality. Bo was a beauty, Myers decent, and ... Bo was a beauty.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

With D like this, who is gonna get the puck to the forwards?

I say JR trades in a few of our slow stay at home D's for a brand new 2022 model of...............

image.jpeg.a83204312e26258a87bafac5970e56aa.jpeg More dependable passing than most our D and great trade in value.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

But Brock and Elias also had their most success under Green?

And clearly that “success” fizzled out hence the coaching change.

From the sounds of it Green was just a miserable person yelling at everyone in the end.

Not a great environment for young guys to thrive in.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

It's still Green's fault that EP and BB continue to underperform?

Considering he absolutely destroyed their confidence with his gross incompetence and lack of professionalism, it's largely his fault.  A bad coach can cause permanent damage when kept around as long as Green was.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Carolina got blown out last game. They were always going to come out strong.

The Canucks weren’t ready from the get go again.

We are a team that can't keep up with speed, that's a big problem, and so is our PP. We have lots of work to do. Makes you wonder what JR thinks of our top 6. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1