The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Jan. 16, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yup. Burroughs is a better dman and he's feistier than Hunt. I don't understand why BB would go with Hunt tbh, unless he appreciates the way Hunt throws his body across the ice. That sliding move Is his thing. 

Burroughs has to draw in for Nashville doesn't he? Did he play well today against the Caps? 

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Burroughs finally drew back in? Did Hunt play or did he replace him? 

Hunt was out of the lineup today.  Burroughs didn't play a lot but took down a Washington player and dropped the gloves after they started digging in on Demko.  

He got caught pinching twice (and pinched a few times successfully), but I honestly thought that the forwards were more at fault for not covering for Burroughs.

56 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Idiot media has to remind him of his struggles after every game (even one’s he played well in).

The toughest part isn’t the struggles for him, it’s probably restraining himself from reaching into the zoom call and slapping these dumb reporters for asking the same unoriginal questions every game!

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hunt was out of the lineup today.  Burroughs didn't play a lot but took down a Washington player and dropped the gloves after they started digging in on Demko.  

He got caught pinching twice (and pinched a few times successfully), but I honestly thought that the forwards were more at fault for not covering for Burroughs.

Yeah I like his game alot , little rust from not playing in a while. But solid. I like his no nonsense  attitude he brings. No one is gunna get picked on when he's in the lineup and hates it when anyone goes near Demko, something we need. He's sneaky tough too and gets the pistons  firing in a hurry, if he was poolmans size look out .

Edited by Vermette9
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Idiot media has to remind him of his struggles after every game (even one’s he played well in).

The toughest part isn’t the struggles for him, it’s probably restraining himself from reaching into the zoom call and slapping these dumb reporters for asking the same unoriginal questions every game!

Who the &^@# asked that question. 

Seriously. Sometimes this market has the worse media guys....

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Burroughs has to draw in for Nashville doesn't he? Did he play well today against the Caps? 

yeah for sure. I get they like to have a left shot on the paring but Hunt is just not NHL quality, and Burroughs seems to be. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vermette9 said:

Yeah I like his game alot , little rust from not playing in a while. But solid. I like his no nonsense  attitude he brings. No one is gunna get picked on when he's in the lineup and hates it when anyone goes near demo, something we need. He's sneaky tough too and gets the pistons  firing in a hurry, if he was poolmans size look out .

Burroughs brings exactly what fans have been asking for. Some grit and emotion and was quick to stand up for himself and defend Demkos crease. I like his game and we are a stronger team with him in the lineup, even if he makes the odd bad read.

• Cheers 4

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That's why most players don't want to play in Canada.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

If you get the right return anyone is tradeable.

That said if Demko goes they have to get a prime number one tender back and additional picks/players/prospects.

The only people I would not trade are those with limited NTC that prevent a trade of proper value.

Obey the contract clauses, but every one else is negotiable.

100%.... Everyone is tradable.... all depends on the return...

• Upvote 1

I sorta hope the team finds a way to acquire another right handed shot player to play the powerplay so that Boeser can move to PP2 to either work the half wall or in the bumper. His shot needs to be utilized, and sticking him as the net front presence seems sorta like a waste for his talents.

4 minutes ago, Vermette9 said:

Damn haha I'd take a 79 any day winter golfing haha glad you could get out 

Haha yeah I'm a 1hc, so it's all relative. It was crazy foggy today and could barely see the greens every hole. I love that it's mid-Jan and it's back open. The West coast is the best coast :towel:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Devron said:

That’s why morning games can suck. At least under normal circumstances after a loss we can just go to bed lol

Imagine getting up at 3am to watch the games, and then lose... Damn its a long long day afterwards...

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1