The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With all due respect, I think the consensus on this board that Miller is getting traded before the TDL and the Canucks aren't making the playoffs is highly premature

Rate this topic

CanucksFan8353

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yes there is.

The debates I've had with various different people regarding Miller over the last 2-3 months tells me otherwise 

There are definitely two sides, if not more

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

I never thought of Miller being traded and still making the playoffs.  If they can be delinked, as Alf suggests, I'd be all for getting a deeper playoff team in a JT Miller trade.  I had always thought that a JT Miller trade = no playoffs but I can handle a delinking.  For example, if we could get a RHD and a proven playoff scorer for this year's run, go for it.  I'm not attached to JT Miller by any means, especially since he seems to not want to be here.  Then again, Kawhi didn't want to be in Toronto but did win them a NBA championship.  So it's tough.

Edited by CanucksFan8353

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Miller is being traded before the TDL.  

We ARE making the playoffs.

Both will happen.  

Enlighten me as to how you replace Millers qualities? Hes the second coming of Yzerman 

and OF COURSE people want to see him traded. If we had Nathan Mackinnon himself 

there would be fans that would want him traded. 

THERES CERTIAN PLAYERS YOU NEVER EVER TRADE PEOPLE!!

Them requesting a trade notwithstanding, you dont build a f ycking hockey team and 

trade players like f ycking Miller.  Would you trade Crosby? Or Stamkos in his prime?

Yes you COULD but those teams that kept those players WON A CUP IMAGINE THAT!!!

And yes Miller IS in the same league as those guys with all he brings to a team he IS in 

the same calibre as those guys. IF we can make an argument that Pettersson is in the same 

caliber as Connor David and Matthews then we DEFINATELTY can make the case that 

Miller is that elite as well. 

Do you know what good teams do with elite players? They sign them not trade them away 

for 2-3 lesser players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

C'mon @CanucksFan8353 - don't leave us in a cliff-hanger situation!  

Sorry dudes and dudettes!

I love the post-game analyses almost as much as the game itself.  Anyway, it's that JT Miller scored the first hat trick for a Canuck in Winnipeg since March 11, 1994, when the Russian Rocket did so, the year we almost won it all!  Sportsnet Central, I believe, had that graph last night in their post-game.

Anyway, my bottom line is trade JT only if trading him makes us a better playoff team THIS year.

Edited by CanucksFan8353

JR said the Canucks are not in that part of the cycle (trading 1sts for players for a playoff run). They need to get younger and stockpile picks/prospects. 

Is 28 year old JT Miller really the future of the Canucks?  You know, in 2 years he'll be 30 and oops, declining.....  What will they get for him then? A turd rounder?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

#1. There is a reasonable chance that we make the playoffs

#2. There is a reasonable chance that we keep Miller

#3. There is a reasonable chance that someone will make us an offer for Miller that we can't refuse and that will setup us up for years to come.

#4. There is a highly reasonable chance that you've DEFINITIVELY created a completely redundant thread as there are multiple discussions already around the question of does he stay or does he go, and I'm not quite sure why we needed another one...

Fixed that for you @VegasCanuck.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Consensus? This board rarely reaches a consensus on anything.

Maybe hating the Leafs.

There are those who argue this way or that, myself included, but there certainly ain't no consensus.

You want consensus? That's easy here, or any other Canucks related community. 2 words.

Mark Messier.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'll say it again.

It's not as simple as he goes or stays.

Bottom line is the defense sucks and it is way harder to build out the defense than the forwards. If you can fleece another team you always pull the trigger, especially if you can improve the d. If not, keep him. Win, win.

• Like 1

Meh, if the team trades Miller, then they should trade Horvat. If they trade Horvat, then they should trade Boeser.

The Canucks (probably) get as many as three 1st round picks, perhaps additional higher picks, good prospects, some higher caliber young players... and a lot of cap space, something which is constantly being screamed about around here.

regards,  G.