The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Jan. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

JT was feeling it, guy came off a hat trick trying to win the game for his team..

Idk, bad play but heart is in the right place. Guess that doesn't count in the standings tho

Exactly.  Someone who gets it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, audiodave said:

We should never have a national broadcast where one of the announcers is married to an AGM for one of the teams. It's unprofessional. The bias for the flames was unacceptable and made for a very unenjoyable game. 

I think as the third largest market in Canada we get little respect from the national sports broadcasters, it’s been like this for decades.  A third of the municipalities in greater Vancouver are a bigger market than Calgary…. Let alone BC ..  Yet we endure these biased hacks. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Well it doesn't help when only 2 of them are playing.

JT should be embarassed. That was embarrassing to watch honestly.

Ok you are right.  
The loss had nothing to do with only have 1 shot after almost 30 minutes of play.  
All those PPs where they couldn’t even get set up, let alone get a shot…..  that had nothing to do with it. 
It was all Miller.   
Damn that Miller for being the only person in the team willing to try to make a play.  
What a loser.  
We should trade him ASAP.  Not because of his value (which obviously plummeted after that play), but because he gave up the puck(wasn’t slashed) in OT.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Outsiders said:

Miller was way to far behind the play anyway, optics look bad but he was behind the net and the flames were already out of their zone. No chance even if he busted his ass back

He shouldn't have needed to bust his ass back he should have needed to get to the near side of the bench with his replacement already closing on Gaudreau. 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Question is, who goes first? 

I would explore Miller trade to the fullest.

He isn't going to re-sign here and even if he does, we will have to pay him minimum 9 mil on a long term contract. 

Then, I'd explore the market on Boeser. Don't think there's much of a deal out there for him though.

1 minute ago, drdeath said:

He shouldn't have needed to bust his ass back he should have needed to get to the near side of the bench with his replacement already closing on Gaudreau. 

Still wouldn't have done anything. The player of the bench would have maybe, maybe been at centre ice if he was lucky. 

5 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

_______-Petey-Garland

_______- Horvat-Podkolzin

Hoglander-_______-________

Highmore-Lammy-Lockwood

Motte, Miller,Boeser,Pearson, Dickenson all go

Petey is 1C? lol, he is a &^@#ing dumb

Edited by sxqhfeh

1 minute ago, khay said:

I would explore Miller trade to the fullest.

He isn't going to re-sign here and even if he does, we will have to pay him minimum 9 mil on a long term contract. 

Then, I'd explore the market on Boeser. Don't think there's much of a deal out there for him though.

I think I'm at the point where Demko and Hughes are the only keepers. Rebuild the team around those two and go from there. I get feeling Pettersson doesn't want to be here long either 

• Cheers 3

Miller should not have tried to go 1 on 3 in OT, but that's how he rolls.  High risk , high reward.

And the fact is, it could have easily been a high reward situation. He may have been stupid to try and go through 3 players when he had the whole ice, but he actually was in the process of winning against the odds and busting through the defense! The only reason he lost a scoring chance was the illegal whack to his gloves, causing him to lose the puck and drop his stick.

I think he was expecting the call because of how obvious a call it was, so he stopped skating for a second. But the criticism of not going back in time is whack....He had dropped his stick and wouldn't have been able to back check anyways. Maybe he could have hustled to the bench quicker.  Bo didn't quite make it to the play in time. But the non call slash was the whole reason the Flames even had the extra man in the rush.  The refs should be ashamed.  How many softer hooking calls do they call in the game on a pedestrian play a long ways from any net?

No we didn't deserve to win.  But if Miller would have not been hooked, and allowed to continue to the net and in another one of his heroic gambles he scored,  it would have balanced out the many nights we don't win but outshoot and outchance the other team. 

Hate losing to Calgary :mad:

• Vintage 1