The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Jan. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, DeNiro said:

Called it exactly how it is.

If Miller doesn’t realize that already he needs to.

He’s a talented player but he’s not McDavid.

No chance this clown gets traded if he's not such a dink. Guess that happens to some kids when they don't prioritize growing up over playing hockey. It's a great example to minor hockey parents to make sure we spend more time making sure they don't turn out like this character wise than we do telling them how great they are. 

I'm pretty happy with just watching highlight packages on Youtube and listening on the radio when I can. I haven't watched a live game this season and I'm not mad about it. 

Just reading the comments about the officiating is enough to make me feel vindicated. I just can't spend money to watch such utter consistency, it sucks all the fun from the game. 

9 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Still wouldn't have done anything. The player of the bench would have maybe, maybe been at centre ice if he was lucky. 

There was absolutely time for someone from the center ice side of the bench to come over the boards and track back with Gaudreau. Miller had about 5 seconds from this moment to get to the bench before Johnny received the puck and his replacement would need to get involved in the play. Extra forward also might have made it harder for Mangiapane to enter the zone onside.

image.thumb.png.2290eb885f9a0942bba79be9e812fecc.png

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Good. This team needs to be blown up. 

Feel bad for Demko and Hughes wasting away another 2 years. Maybe even more with the amount of anchors we have. 

Hopefully Rutherford makes the right moves and gets the right returns. Would help us become competitive sooner than later.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

None of those guys in the top 6 are consistent besides maybe Garland.

The only consistent top 6 player that puts up points is Miller.

Too many guys have one good game then disappear for the next 5. 

We finally have depth.  Theres no need to blow this up.  Just need to trim.some deadweight and improve the defense

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Absolutely.

Which makes me question the poise and drive of our top players.

Like they need to hate losing so much that they do whatever it takes to get the puck to the net and bang one home.

They simply looked happy going through the motions and causally skating it up the ice. 

I’ve seen the word culture thrown around a lot with Rutherford. That’s definitely something that needs to be looked at this offseason.

We can’t have players that only play hard when they want to. We need players that will go all out to win every game. I’m not seeing that amongst the core group of this team outside of a handful of players.

I'm really curious as to what kind of culture he wants, I know culture is something that is, and always was important to the Sedin's as well.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

And are you ok with him completely giving up on the play and not back checking at all when he turned the puck over? We all love Miller but that's no excuse....there's a good reason Bruce was not happy with him post game. Driving the net is one thing. it's what happened after is what people are upset about 

Meanwhile Pedrossen is having a 60 minute siesta and doesn't get called out. 

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

We finally have depth.  Theres no need to blow this up.  Just need to trim.some deadweight and improve the defense

What depth? 

We have an elite 4th line that is about it depth wise.

Also we have to blow it up in order to get the assets needed to get rid of dead weights. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, drdeath said:

There was absolutely time for someone from the center ice side of the bench to come over the boards and track back with Gaudreau. Miller had about 5 seconds from this moment to get to the bench before Johnny received the puck and his replacement would need to get involved in the play. Extra forward also might have made it harder for Mangiapane to enter the zone onside.

image.thumb.png.2290eb885f9a0942bba79be9e812fecc.png

This was the Miller we saw throw his head back when something didn’t go his way.

He’s mad that he didn’t get the call and stops playing. 

That play was all kinds of selfish. People really need to question whether they want him to be this teams leader over Bo. I don’t see stars on cup contending teams doing things like this.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm really curious as to what kind of culture he wants, I know culture is something that is, and always was important to the Sedin's as well.

Hard work and accountability number 1, I would imagine.

You don’t have anything if you don’t have that.

All floaters must go.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I think I'm at the point where Demko and Hughes are the only keepers. Rebuild the team around those two and go from there. I get feeling Pettersson doesn't want to be here long either 

Agree regarding Demko and Hughes being the best players.

Agree that Pettersson is not at the same level as Demko and Hughes but just because of his age, I think he is worth to keep little longer.

I don't want the repeat of Cam Neely and I am willing to be patient at lest for the duration of Petey's current contract to decide what to do. By then, we will know for sure what he is.

I'd also include Horvat as the core because he is a good match up player and replacing him is going to be hard.

I don't want to waste Demko and Hughes playing years and would prefer a brief retool of two years as opposed to a 4-5 year rebuild. Trading EP and Horvat signals rebuild.

Rebuilds are much more painful and usually take much longer so it should not be the option at this point when we already have many good players under 25.

Just now, DeNiro said:

This was the Miller we saw throw his head back when something didn’t go his way.

He’s mad that he didn’t get the call and stops playing. 

That play was all kinds of selfish. People really need to question whether they want him to be this teams leader over Bo. I don’t see stars on cup contending teams doing things like this.

But he's never getting back into that play not to mention he now doesn't have a stick even if he does.

I want to see someone on the bench lift the guy who just scored a hatty for us last game step up and give him a play to make. "Oh Fk I'd better get off the ice ASAP" is a bit more of a motivating factor than "Oh Fk I'm never getting a call and there's not really anything I can do to catch those guys".

• Upvote 1