The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Pavel Zacha

Metropolitan division team needs and the potentially available pieces

Frank Seravalli of the Daily Faceoff: Looking at the needs and assets that could be in play for teams in the Metropolitan division.

New Jersey Devils

Primary Objective: Overhaul the goaltending
Secondary Objective: More talent at all positions
Potential Assets: Damon Severson, Pavel Zacha, Andreas Johnsson, Tomas Tatar, P.K. Subban, Jimmy Vesey

To VAN:    Damon Severson

To Jersey: Garland

would pretty much be money in - money out with severson carrying a cap hit of 4,166,000 vs. Garland of 4,950,000.

8 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Frank Seravalli of the Daily Faceoff: Looking at the needs and assets that could be in play for teams in the Metropolitan division.

New Jersey Devils

Potential Assets: Damon Severson, Pavel Zacha, Andreas Johnsson, Tomas Tatar, P.K. Subban, Jimmy Vesey

would pretty much be money in - money out with severson carrying a cap hit of 4,166,000 vs. Garland of 4,950,000.

spit take GIF

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

So we want to trade Connor Garland for a guy that has 8 more goals 36 more assist in 154 more games and is a career -64?? 

We are ready to write off garland already even though he's 4th in scoring on the team playing on the line blender all year... next to EP garland have played with the most different linemate on the team..

Easy pass for me if it's for garland whom we gave up a 10th overall pick for (yes we got oel too but hes more like a giant cap dump for 1 year of cap dump).. zacha and change is not worth a 1st rounder.. 

It would be just zacha, there'd be another piece from them

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

It would be just zacha, there'd be another piece from them

Itll need a lot more than zacha.. and not sure why we want a player that seems to be a defensive liability... his +/- literally been getting worse and worse every year and doesn't provide any gain on offense. Bahl I don't see him anymore than a 3rd pairing defenseman at best.. 

Zacha other than size doesn't fit any of the checkbox for me for what this team needs.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

Itll need a lot more than zacha.. and not sure why we want a player that seems to be a defensive liability... his +/- literally been getting worse and worse every year and doesn't provide any gain on offense. Bahl I don't see him anymore than a 3rd pairing defenseman at best.. 

Zacha other than size doesn't fit any of the checkbox for me for what this team needs.

Plus minus means nothing

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Motte and Dickinson for Zacha

Keep Garland

Motte is a UFA and NJD is not in a playoff position.  Dickinson at this point looks like a cap dump.  There are teams calling them on Zacha - ie he has trade value.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Zavha actually fits their needs pretty well.

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Plus minus means nothing

Lol I love how you guys saying plus minus means nothing... is it not an issue if you are constantly on the ice when other team scores regardless if it's your fault or not?? He leads his mean in minus by a fair margin and well on pace to finish -30 or worse.. but it means nothing he's just unlucky and on ice at the wrong time all the time? Who cares if u put up 30 points 5v5 when u are on the ice for 50 goals against.

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol I love how you guys saying plus minus means nothing... is it not an issue if you are constantly on the ice when other team scores regardless if it's your fault or not?? He leads his mean in minus by a fair margin and well on pace to finish -30 or worse.. but it means nothing he's just unlucky and on ice at the wrong time all the time? Who cares if u put up 30 points 5v5 when u are on the ice for 50 goals against.

Joe Nobody plays against Ovechkin all game long, holds Ovie to one goal, ends up minus -1

Crosby the next game holds him to one goal ends up minus one in the game for a minus 2 on the year

McDavid, holds him to minus 1 so now minus 3 on the year,

Is Joe Nobody a good enough player to play hockey, despite his now minus 3?

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

You can get a minute, or plus, and have absolutely to fault or contribution to the scoring play.  You can step on the ice for three seconds, completely away from the play and get a plus or minus........there's zero context to the stat and most coaches and players don't really look at it as a telling stat.

1 minute ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

oh stawns, would you please explain. What exactly don't you like on this proposal? Maybe, but only maybe if you are willing to clarify - we can have a chat. It all depends on you ..

They said they want to.get younger, not two years older.  I don't see any scenario where they move Garland for Severson

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

New Jersey Devils

This is an actual clip of Severson playing in his own zoneAnimated GIF

• Haha 1