The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Pavel Zacha

Just now, NHL97OneTimer said:

How does Toffoli keep getting shipped around?!!!

He's been traded only twice in his career and the first time was as a rental with us two seasons ago.

Hardly a guy bouncing around. MTL is just having a historically bad year toppled with the loss of Price and Weber. Their number #1 D and G.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

He's been traded only twice in his career and the first time was as a rental with us two seasons ago.

Hardly a guy bouncing around. MTL is just having a historically bad year toppled with the loss of Price and Weber. Their number #1 D and G.

This was a very good deal for the Habs.  Now Caufield can get those Tofoli top line minutes.  :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This was a very good deal for the Habs.  Now Caufield can get those Tofoli top line minutes.  :lol:

Not bad in the sense that he was a free agent signing and they’re moving him for picks and youth. Signings and deals like these help speed up the rebuilds. Can’t believe Montreal made it to the finals last year.

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Not bad in the sense that he was a free agent signing and they’re moving him for picks and youth. Signings and deals like these help speed up the rebuilds. Can’t believe Montreal made it to the finals last year.

When you have a goalie like Price + captain and Dman like Shea freaking Weber it's not really surprising. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, nameci said:

I just took a quick look through the Devil’s fan forum and the consensus seems to be to ship out Zacha and that anything they received in return would be a bonus.  Not many Zacha fans on the board.

Yeah, I agree, don't think it would take much to get Zacha. They might even take Dickinson for Zacha straight up just to get the cost certainty.

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Those two guys are good but if you could insert them into their lineup right now I doubt they’re much better.

Yeah that's a fair assumption on your part. 

How about Canucks. Could you believe they made it that far in the bubble...

Teams get hot and gell.. No 2 teams are the same...

Habs were in the finals because they deserved ot and earned it.. that's the beauty of sport.. 

5 hours ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Yeah, I agree, don't think it would take much to get Zacha. They might even take Dickinson for Zacha straight up just to get the cost certainty.

They'll also have cost certainty and even more cap space if they simply don't qualify Zacha.  There's no real reason for them to take back Dickinson.  Canucks are also only 1 of several teams interested in Zacha.

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Bigger doesn’t mean more physical. It has to be the right type of player that has the size, and the mentality to play physically. 

The NHL is littered with “big” players who don’t play physical, but are softer than butter. Their size is all for nothing. 

Yes... but that was hardly what they were on about. 
The team is getting bullied... They want players with size and physicality that can play hockey with speed....

Only problem with that is, so does the rest of the league. You can have a few 'lighter' players in the line up, but they have to be well worth it with other aspects of their game. 
Regardless, not my words but JR's...

For starters we need a big crease clearing D man, who can actually hurt people...

And one or two forwards like that as well...

In saying all that we have a lightweight 4th line, who has been very impressive... 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, mll said:

They'll also have cost certainty and even more cap space if they simply don't qualify Zacha.  There's no real reason for them to take back Dickinson.  Canucks are also only 1 of several teams interested in Zacha.

I think the overall perception of Dickinson around the league is better than it is in Vancouver. He's still seen as a strong defensive forward, who's just been a poor fit here. He impressed a lot of people during the 2020 playoffs. 

Regardless, I think people are over-valuing Zacha if they're throwing out names like Boeser and Garland.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Zacha would look great on this team,  and he falls into JR’s comments about getting bigger and faster.

Great Skater, positions well, strong on boards with really good skills, shot, and release.

im putting his goal hilights from last season up for those who haven't seen it.

My opinion is he could be an upgrade from Boeser given the same opportunities Boeser has.….  perhaps that’s the mindset behind the Canucks interest given Boeser has a 7m qualifying offer.

Why even deal with that possibly going to arbitration and Deal Boeser elsewhere for a good pick or more.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Zacha would look great on this team,  and he falls into JR’s comments about getting bigger and faster.

Great Skater, positions well, strong on boards with really good skills, shot, and release.

im putting his goal hilights from last season up for those who haven't seen it.

My opinion is he could be an upgrade from Boeser given the same opportunities Boeser has.….  perhaps that’s the mindset behind the Canucks interest given Boeser has a 7m qualifying offer.

Why even deal with that possibly going to arbitration and Deal Boeser elsewhere for a good pick or more.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he looks like he has untapped offensive potential. 

You can see it in his shot, and the way he handles the puck in tight.  His skating looks good too.

He was on pace for 57 points last year, and I bet given the right opportunities, he could probably be a 65pt man.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he looks like he has untapped offensive potential. 

You can see it in his shot, and the way he handles the puck in tight.  His skating looks good too.

He was on pace for 57 points last year, and I bet given the right opportunities, he could probably be a 65pt man.

Would you agree a possible upgrade on Boeser , if given the same opportunities as Boeser?

His positioning , movement, and confidence on the pp , says “yes” to me.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Would you agree a possible upgrade on Boeser , if given the same opportunities as Boeser?

His positioning , movement, and confidence on the pp , says “yes” to me.

I'd say so... if not, at least an equal... for a lot less in terms of cap hit.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

According to their fans he has ample time in the top of the lineup and couldn't pull it together. Unless you have watch him enough to form an educated opinion, I highly suggest reading what his own teams fans think about him

https://www.reddit.com/r/devils/comments/sq8b1m/friedman_reports_that_there_is_interest_in_zacha/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

https://www.reddit.com/r/devils/comments/st0x6m/friedman_on_zacha_trade_situation/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I'm totally cool with taking a flyer on him, but this guy is not a Boeser replacement right now. Not even close. There is a slim chance a change of scenery could do him wonders, but I think he's being overrated around here by people who haven't seen him play enough.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Devils have 7m+ in capspace,  

and if their fans or team think Zacha is a lesser player than Boeser, 

id do :

Boeser  ( rids us of that potential 7m qualifying offer)

for Zacha (2.25 RFA)

and D prospect Shakir Mukhamadulin (975k)

23 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

According to their fans he has ample time in the top of the lineup and couldn't pull it together. Unless you have watch him enough to form an educated opinion, I highly suggest reading what his own teams fans think about him

https://www.reddit.com/r/devils/comments/sq8b1m/friedman_reports_that_there_is_interest_in_zacha/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

https://www.reddit.com/r/devils/comments/st0x6m/friedman_on_zacha_trade_situation/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I'm totally cool with taking a flyer on him, but this guy is not a Boeser replacement right now. Not even close. There is a slim chance a change of scenery could do him wonders, but I think he's being overrated around here by people who haven't seen him play enough.

He was on a 55 point pace last year and is struggling this year a bit, but isn't that far off garland and boeser, so I wouldn't say he can't get it together.

As has been said, it wouldnt be one for one, it would be zacha plus something significant most likeky