The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Pavel Zacha

25 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

oh stawns, would you please explain. What exactly don't you like on this proposal? Maybe, but only maybe if you are willing to clarify - we can have a chat. It all depends on you ..

I don't mind severson as a player, and he could be a target as UFA, but no way are they using Garland as a straight trade for him, imo

23 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't know what could happen with Washington... they are really hard pressed against the cap. 

Garland for Hendrix Lapierre, 1st, Eller, and Hathaway ? 

Eller is their shutdown C.  Don't see why Eller or Hathaway would interest Vancouver - they are too old as targets and would think that Washington would want to retain them for the post-season.

They have about 2M in cap space with a roster of 23.  So if they demote someone they could add Miller at 50% (assuming he's their target).  

Edited by mll

24 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't know what could happen with Washington... they are really hard pressed against the cap. 

I see it more as a hockey trade.

Pearson and Halak for Eller, Copley, and a 3rd.

We get out of the extra year for Pearson and acquire a center to replace Dickinson who hasn’t been a fit here.

They upgrade their backup goalie and we get out of getting stuck with Halak’s bonus.

Maybe he can be convinced to go play with Ovie on a contender.

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya that discussion context was what do we pay for Zacha. Garland vis a vis Boeser..

I would do either one. Considering Boeser vs Garland contracts I would trade Boeser. 

Perhaps we get a 2nd round pick add from Jersey

We don't have a 2nd round pick coming draft end of this season..

Boeser for Zacha + NJD 2nd..I'd do that in a new york second..

4 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

My wish is obviously going to want more..

I think NJD can get a very good return. I would do Boeser for Zacha. 1 for 1

Garland is 5'10 165 lbs forward wing.

Zacha, 6'3 210 lbs forward C LW

I'd rather have the versatile, bigger body guy.. even if we add..

We gotta get heavier.

It's Garland or Hogz l. We gotta trade one of those two. 

Maybe JR can do Hogz plus mid round pick.. 

I would definitely pay the cost. Podz is off the table. He's one guy I would not trade. 

I'm extremely happy you are nowhere near the canucks management team. What kind of hot takes are these? 

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I see it more as a hockey trade.

Pearson and Halak for Eller, Copley, and a 3rd.

We get out of the extra year for Pearson and acquire a center to replace Dickinson who hasn’t been a fit here.

They upgrade their backup goalie and we get out of getting stuck with Halak’s bonus.

Maybe he can be convinced to go play with Ovie on a contender.

I would do this

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I am not sure if this really helps us...but if JR believes in this move, I would not be upset, I do think Halak is what Washington may be looking at or maybe a bigger deal with Halak and Garland. for eller, 1st, mcmichael or laprierre

37 minutes ago, mll said:

Eller is their shutdown C.  Don't see why Eller or Hathaway would interest Vancouver - they are too old as targets and would think that Washington would want to retain them for the post-season.

They have about 2M in cap space with a roster of 23.  So if they demote someone they could add Miller at 50% (assuming he's their target).  

Could they use Ferland LTIR cap space (aka Tampa Bay special, LV golden ticket :P)?

14 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I am not sure if this really helps us...but if JR believes in this move, I would not be upset, I do think Halak is what Washington may be looking at or maybe a bigger deal with Halak and Garland. for eller, 1st, mcmichael or laprierre

McLellan listed being a big physical team and having size as one of the 5 key reasons they won the Cup.  Don't really see how Garland would interest them.

Why would they remove Eller from their roster - he's their C3.  It creates a pretty big hole in their lineup.  Don't see either why they would want to take on Halak's bonus when they are trying to contend with Ovechkin - they'll want all the cap space they can get next season too.   Seravalli says they are looking for a Cup-calibre starter.

11 minutes ago, Codez27 said:

I'm extremely happy you are nowhere near the canucks management team. What kind of hot takes are these? 

You can be rest assured i won't be hired to make trades for an NHL team. Just a hockey fan ..lol

Listen Zacha is a good player.. he's stuck in Jersey behind Hughes and Hichier. He'll flourish with a team like Canucks. 

EP Horvat Zacha as our Cs would be awesome. Plus Zacha can play wing in top 6..

He's only 24 years old about to hit his prime. Big body can pk and be net front presence

I wouldn't be surprised if Hogz goes the other way..

One of Boeser Hoglander or Garland will be the asking price.  

Just now, BPA said:

Could they use Ferland LTIR cap space (aka Tampa Bay special, LV golden ticket :P)?

Ferland is never going to play again.  Adding Ferland doesn't create cap space.  He still counts against the cap and they can exceed the cap by his cap hit - it's neutral but would limit their cap space next season.  Vancouver lost 300K in cap space right off the bat because they couldn't maximise Ferland's LTIR relief and are operating at a 81.2M cap hit this season.  Also every day that they aren't at 81.2M they lose that differential.  If they weren't in LTIR they would have been able to bank that cap space. 

Kucherov and Ferland the bubble season were different situations - they went on LTIR till the playoffs but then returned.  It allowed them to replace those players on the roster but they were then back for the post-season.  Vegas looks to be doing the same with Stone.  

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Don't give up on Garland!! He's got so much skill and heart and got a cap friendly contract.... Unless the return is too good to be true!!! 

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

You can be rest assured i won't be hired to make trades for an NHL team. Just a hockey fan ..lol

Listen Zacha is a good player.. he's stuck in Jersey behind Hughes and Hichier. He'll flourish with a team like Canucks. 

EP Horvat Zacha as our Cs would be awesome. Plus Zacha can play wing in top 6..

He's only 24 years old about to hit his prime. Big body can pk and be net front presence

I wouldn't be surprised if Hogz goes the other way..

One of Boeser Hoglander or Garland will be the asking price.  

It needs to fit our cap space.. 

More like Boeser for Zacha, high pick and a prospect!! 

5 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

It needs to fit our cap space.. 

More like Boeser for Zacha, high pick and a prospect!! 

yeah I would do that, gives us flexibility, doubt NJ moves their 1st though.

I would do Boeser  for Zacha, Shakir, holtz lol - does NJ do this??? lol at least we are not asking for Dawson Mercer or Luke Hughes

• Like 1

14 hours ago, J-23 said:

I don’t disagree with you there. For Petey it’s about getting back to that level he was at during the bubble. It may just be an off year and we will have to accept that. If he continues to decline from here, then we got a bigger problem on our hands.

I don’t see how Hughes isn’t on your core. He brings it offensively every night and has stepped it up defensively compared to last year. 

As of right now Miller is def. core player but I don’t see him here long-term. Hope I’m wrong.

Glaring ignorant omission on my part. I just feel Miller is a bit under rated on this team. There is an argument to be made that after Demko he has been our best player since arriving.