The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Pavel Zacha

Zacha is a good player to have on your team if you have him surrounded by good players, I do not know if he has shown enough that he can carry a line.

Bahl does not move the needle much for me, I am not a pro scout though, I do like Shakir Muk, he seems to be playing well in the KHL and had a lot of hype in his draft year with a good WJC I would do:

To VAN

Miles Woods

Zacha

Shakir

2022 2nd

To NJD

Dickinson

Garland

Aidan McDonut

Dipietro

On 2/12/2022 at 7:32 PM, higgyfan said:

Zacka is ok I guess.  He's another huge but soft player who is a decent PK guy and can put up some points.  Not sure about his C abilities, but he does have a decent f/o %.  I can see the management trading Garland, as I get a sense that they don't like him due to size.  Imo Garland is the better player and brings more to the game.

Here's something about Zacka from a sbnation

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2020/8/27/21403833/should-the-devils-keep-pavel-zacha

Yeah... id way rather keep Garland over this. Surely we can do better.

image.thumb.png.dcd37bf39fe687c4de3237a4f103ce89.png

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

23 hours ago, bad alice french said:

I know this could come back to bite me down the line... and I hope it does,,, but Petey is not looking elie at all these days.

He was invisible again tonight.

I like your core but to me this team is primarily Demko and Miller.

I don’t disagree with you there. For Petey it’s about getting back to that level he was at during the bubble. It may just be an off year and we will have to accept that. If he continues to decline from here, then we got a bigger problem on our hands.

I don’t see how Hughes isn’t on your core. He brings it offensively every night and has stepped it up defensively compared to last year. 

As of right now Miller is def. core player but I don’t see him here long-term. Hope I’m wrong.

I really don't think Zacha is the guy we want. And I don't want to trade Garland for him.

Zacha has some troubling stats. His 12 goals, 10 assists this season looks ok. But dig a bit deeper and it shows he isn't a decent 2-way player. I think he is getting some ok offensive numbers through his deployment.

At ES with him on ice NJD has scored 27 goals, but given away 40 goals.

He doesn't really PK.

And a big red flag...on the PP this season when Zacha was on ice NJD scored 8 goals but let in 5 shorthanded goals!

• Thanks 1

Does this guy actually play big or is he just big?  A lot of comments comparing the size of Zacha to Garland, who cares if he's big if he plays small?

Rather keep Garland who is signed to a reasonable contract than waste an asset on a soon to be UFA. 1 year of RFA isn't worth Garland.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Hoglander is the guy I see on the outside. 
he’s been bounced around the lineup hes struggled defensively under Bb. 
i think Bruce like garland he fits Bb system of speed pressure and solid D 

I could see hoglander being the one delt. 

Add ncaa Aidan McDonough  who doesn’t seem like he really wants to sign here. 

Edited by combover

1 hour ago, PLOGUE said:

Does this guy actually play big or is he just big?  A lot of comments comparing the size of Zacha to Garland, who cares if he's big if he plays small?

Rather keep Garland who is signed to a reasonable contract than waste an asset on a soon to be UFA. 1 year of RFA isn't worth Garland.

I haven't watched him past when they play the Canucks, but I did spend some time doing research from their fan base on their fan forum. What I gathered, he does not use his size nearly enough. Saw a bunch of comments like what's the point of being 6'3 when you play like your 5'8. On the flip side Garland plays like he's 6'3.

Their fans talk about Zacha a lot like we talked about Virtanen. All the physical tools in the world but doesn't use them enough. Can make bone headed plays, be streaky and lazy. The biggest thing that kept coming up is his lack of consistency, again sounded very familiar.

That being said, they say if he ever figured it out he could be a 30 goal. Most likely a top 9 though that contributes in bunches. Again, this is coming from their fans not my opinion.

Edited by Shayster007

13 hours ago, coryberg said:

Wait... didn't you say we would have to add to Garland to get Zacha?

My wish is obviously going to want more..

I think NJD can get a very good return. I would do Boeser for Zacha. 1 for 1

Garland is 5'10 165 lbs forward wing.

Zacha, 6'3 210 lbs forward C LW

I'd rather have the versatile, bigger body guy.. even if we add..

We gotta get heavier.

It's Garland or Hogz l. We gotta trade one of those two. 

Maybe JR can do Hogz plus mid round pick.. 

I would definitely pay the cost. Podz is off the table. He's one guy I would not trade. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Haha 1

So we want to trade Connor Garland for a guy that has 8 more goals 36 more assist in 154 more games and is a career -64?? 

We are ready to write off garland already even though he's 4th in scoring on the team playing on the line blender all year... next to EP garland have played with the most different linemate on the team..

Easy pass for me if it's for garland whom we gave up a 10th overall pick for (yes we got oel too but hes more like a giant cap dump for 1 year of cap dump).. zacha and change is not worth a 1st rounder.. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Outsiders said:

weren't you offering up garland straight up like an hour ago?:lol:

at least be consistent lol

Ya that discussion context was what do we pay for Zacha. Garland vis a vis Boeser..

I would do either one. Considering Boeser vs Garland contracts I would trade Boeser. 

Perhaps we get a 2nd round pick add from Jersey

We don't have a 2nd round pick coming draft end of this season..

Boeser for Zacha + NJD 2nd..I'd do that in a new york second..

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

My wish is obviously going to want more..

I think NJD can get a very good return. I would do Boeser for Zacha. 1 for 1

Garland is 5'10 165 lbs forward wing.

Zacha, 6'3 210 lbs forward C LW

I'd rather have the versatile, bigger body guy.. even if we add..

We gotta get heavier.

It's Garland or Hogz l. We gotta trade one of those two. 

Maybe JR can do Hogz plus mid round pick.. 

I would definitely pay the cost. Podz is off the table. He's one guy I would not trade. 

Devils fans would love you. Everyone I saw felt they would need to add significantly to get Boes.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Devils fans would love you. Everyone I saw felt they would need to add significantly to get Boes.

My 15 year old nephew thinks we can get Bahl plus Zacha for Boeser..he's all over social media posting things like that.. 

If we can pry Zacha out of NJD I'd be all in. Gotta pay to play. 

1 year younger than Garland..5 inches and 45lbs heavier..

NJD has no need to trade this kid.. we want him we gotta pay.

It's natural for a fan base to be emotionally attached and over value their team players..

If you have opportunity to add a 24 year old big body C to ur team you do it.

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

My 15 year old nephew thinks we can get Bahl plus Zacha for Boeser..he's all over social media posting things like that.. 

If we can pry Zacha out of NJD I'd be all in. Gotta pay to play. 

1 year younger than Garland..5 inches and 45lbs heavier..

NJD has no need to trade this kid.. we want him we gotta pay.

It's natural for a fan base to be emotionally attached and over value their team players..

If you have opportunity to add a 24 year old big body C to ur team you do it.

But that's the thing, their fan base is over him and ready to move on. They are hoping they get a 2nd and will show him the door.

According to their fans, (a really detailed post a couple down) his stats were padded this year by some terrible goal tending and he hasn't been noticable in a good way very much at all. Again, I'm totally down to trade for this kid (seems like a classic JR buy low candidate), but I'm expecting him to be the sweetener on a bigger deal if Boeser is going the other way, not the primary piece. That would disappoint me immensely if it was Zacha and a pick that's not a 1st, which the devils ain't trading.

Edited by Shayster007

51 minutes ago, combover said:

Hoglander is the guy I see on the outside. 
he’s been bounced around the lineup hes struggled defensively under Bb. 
i think Bruce like garland he fits Bb system of speed pressure and solid D 

I could see hoglander being the one delt. 

Add ncaa Aidan McDonough  who doesn’t seem like he really wants to sign here. 

main objective from JR is, as mentioned several times , to create cap space. Höglander is currently under an cap friendly ELC with 891,667 $. Getting this amount off the books wouldn't move the needle that much.

I don't see Höglander getting traded. There have been absolutely no trade rumors with his name in the rumor mill.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1