The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Looking at the schedule I would have figured we won the first two games and dropped the one against the Leafs.

Very happy to have one of the wins against the Leafs!

I think we could keep looking at that Isles game and wondering what if? But I’m not gonna complain about 2 out of 3. That’s what we need to do to get back in this thing.

Yep. We won the week, doesn't matter which two we won. 

Next two games against the Pacific division teams. We need to go 2-0.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

But we all complained about how many games he missed to injury. Now, on the Flames he has become invincible. 

He’s been solid when it comes to staying healthy, prob because he is on a good team where they dont rely on Travis Green era passive style defence where he was a human pin cushion absorbing shots and chasing the play.

That said, I’d take 60 games per year from Tanev as opposed to a full season from some of the Other players Benning used the money on. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Sucks to be a Leaf fan when your team comes up against the best goalie in the league:gocan:

The Canucks management need to weed out the slow skaters though.  The Leafs are a very fast

skating team and the Nucks...well, ...not so much.

It looked like Dickensen had lead skates. 

10 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

So, you never worried about him getting older and missing how many games every year while wanting a multiple year contract? OK.

Nope. He was the backbone of our defence along with Edler.

4 year deal at 5 mil was what I thought fair.

I even wanted us to re-sign Edler. Think we should have re-signed him to a 2 year deal around 3 mil per instead of stupid Poolman at 4 years x 2.5 mil.

24 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Also, I may be the only one here but I feel our management group is too big with too many egos.

No, you aren't. Bad decisions made by a group are no better than bad decisions made by an individual.

And btw, my post only pointed out that there is little difference between a rebuild and a retool. I said nothing about Miller or Garland or any other player. And I edit because I hate to make spelling or syntax errors.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

I think 4 years is too much. I also thought he was going to be injured so who knows. He chose to go to the Flames to compete against the Canucks. Players change teams he has walked. I like having OEL and hope BB utilizes his Offensive prowess. What is done is done. Crying constantly about Markstrom and Tanev is getting old.

Not many people are crying about Markstrom. As good as he has been, we have a goalie that's probably better and younger.

Tanev is sorely missed because his replacements aren't as good and our PK has been absolute garbage.

The fact that he went to Calgary makes it even worse.

The day JB lost my trust is the day he let Tanev walk to Calgary without even making a proper offer.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

But we all complained about how many games he missed to injury. Now, on the Flames he has become invincible. 

Yea all the fickle cry babies on this board complained.  Then they started a thread proclaiming poolman would be better than Tanev.  Even clowns like satire shah and the rest of the dummies on talk radio cried for a tanev trade relentlessly.   These people dont understand that heart and intangibles are EVERYTHING.  You cant replace it with skill.   

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lammikko deserved it.  He was the 2nd best player on the ice tonight.  That trade with Juulsen for Juolevi was armed robbery and Benning's last gift to Vancouver...

Whatever happened to Sutter? If he actually comes back he is going to have to be a winger 

2 minutes ago, khay said:

Not many people are crying about Markstrom. As good as he has been, we have a goalie that's probably better and younger.

Tanev is sorely missed because his replacements aren't as good and our PK has been absolute garbage.

The fact that he went to Calgary makes it even worse.

The day JB lost my trust is the day he let Tanev walk to Calgary without even making a proper offer.

Fair enough. I have forgotten, what did Calgary give him?