The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Whatever happened to Sutter? If he actually comes back he is going to have to be a winger 

Long-Covid. He is battling extreme fatigue which appeared when he was ramping up training for the new season. Likely done as an NHL'er.

Edited by FaninMex

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

Didn’t catch this one. I was scoreboard watching. Nice to see us bounce back with a win after a tough loss last game. Miller, Boeser and Lammikko all scored tonight. Demko was lights out. 51 saves! Incredible! Let’s go get the next one too! GCG!

Toronto dominated most of the play but could only score their goals on the PP. 

2 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Jimbo hired him and held on way too long. They are both at fault. Jimmy's team is playing well but he made too many mistakes. Glad we have our revamped office and coaches now

Are you of the FA meddles too much crowd or Benning had control of all transactions and coaches?

I will repeat for you what I said later in this thread. I think there are too many egos in the new management group and there will be problems. I think Pro scout Granato did a terrible job with the Kraken as well. We shall see what this management group does.

Edited by FaninMex
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Honestly, is there any goalie right now in the NHL that you would trade straight up for Demko?

Vasilevskiy?  Shesterkin?  Gibson?  Can't even think of one more I'd have a conversation with...

Not on that contract. For all the flack Benning gets at times (some well deserved) his management group hit that contract out of the park. 

But I would say Vasi's better, he'd not just the product of a great team. If you talk to Lightning fans they'll tell you about how he's consistently bailing his team out, that team is a juggernaut in part because of how dominant Vasi is. And there's no arguing his dominance, his record speaks for itself. 

I'd argue Gibson's right there with Demko, he's just often overlooked because he's in Anaheim. He's a huge part of why an Anaheim team I wouldn't have expected to be where it is at this point is where it is. He's done what Demko's been doing for us this season for years. 

Shesterkin's been great this season but he doesn't have much of a track record to go off at the NHL level. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Was at the game and .....................of course they won.  They always do when I go and what a game it was!  Worth every penny and more and great atmosphere too with the leafs and canucks fans going at each other shouting!  This was one game not to watch at home and see in person!   Hope other were lucky enough to go too!  Demko should have won the Vezina for that performance tonight alone.   Amazing atheletism!   So glad we have him.

BTW,  I have to say there is no way in hell that stadium was at 50% capacity - Not even close.    I'd say more like 70-75% full. You could even tell that by simply looking at the long lineups at the bathrooms which were the same length as usual.   That proves it - right there! 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I was at the game and couldn’t believe all the Leaf fans in there. They outnumbered us Canuck fans and were way louder. :picard:

I lost my voice trying to tip the noise balance back in our favour!

Props to you,not all hero’s wear capes

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Are you of the FA meddles too much crowd or Benning had control of all transactions and coaches?

I will repeat for you what I said later in this thread. I think there are too many egos in the new management group and there will be problems. I think Pro scout Granato did a terrible job with the Kraken as well. We shall see what this management group does.

I obviously can't comment on her management abilities but definately agree with you on her poor performance as Scout for the Crak-Heads.     She certainly missed the boat down there.   No matter we all have to give her a chance because maybe there are things we aren't aware of in regards to her tenure in seattle.    Time will tell - until then she has a clean slate with us!

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I obviously can't comment on her management abilities but definately agree with you on her poor performance as Scout for the Crak-Heads.     She certainly missed the boat down there.   No matter we all have to give her a chance because maybe there are things we aren't aware of in regards to her tenure in seattle.    Time will tell - until then she has a clean slate with us!

Agreed. 

• Cheers 1

Missed the game, just caught the extended highlights. 

Man, oh man. I don’t think I’m just being a homer anymore in saying that Demko deserves Vezina consideration.

I hope the rest of the league is taking notice of what he’s doing right now.