Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, grandmaster said:

This really speaks volumes.

”We’ve outshot other teams and lost, no one felt sorry for us”

”we went out and won it, how we got it does not make any difference to me”

”We scored one out of the 4 power plays, that’s 25%, good in my books and the last one was a defensive power play”

“We haven’t played a faster team than that”

“you guys want me to say we got out played, come on guys, give some credit to the team winning it”

This is a good coach….

Boudreau is starting to get a tad fed up with what passes as media in Vancouver. His postgame interviews are getting shorter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Screw the Laffs, way to go Canucks, thank you for beating the center of the universe...Go Canucks Go, &^@# the Laffs!!!

4 10M forwards. Of course they're going to get their looks. But I thought key to our game was limiting those 4's time and space. And we hit those 4 whenever we could. That's just good coaching right there. I'd like to see DiGuseppe in for Chiasson to add a nasty snarl into our 4th line checking. 

Especially against bigger star players like Matthew's. 

Lots of shots, sure. But where were they from and who was shooting them? 

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I’ve been thinking a fair bit about that too. It was very obvious at that point that it was needed and it took way too long to happen. 

Sadly, it was obvious last year we just had poor managment running the team extending coaches who should have been let go in the off season...hopefully we learn from this, seems we have now that we have a proper experienced President running the show bringing in his own diverse management team...let's hope they bring us great success and an Stanley Cup one day in the next 5 or so years!!!

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

4 10M forwards. Of course they're going to get their looks. But I thought key to our game was limiting those 4's time and space. And we hit those 4 whenever we could. That's just good coaching right there. I'd like to see DiGuseppe in for Chiasson to add a nasty snarl into our 4th line checking. 

according to natural stat tricks:

High danger scoring Chances : 13 for the Toronto Maple Leafs vs. 4 for the Vancouver Canucks.

There is no denying that the Leafs had significant more high danger scoring chances.

Demko was the one who won this game for this team.

regarding the 4 10M forwards:

look at the standings; this Leafs team will make the playoffs because they have the much needed firepower upfront like other top teams like the Hurricanes, the Avs, the Lightning and the Panthers.

What's the difference between the Leafs and the Nucks:

Leafs are much faster team with much more firepower upfront; this Canucks team needs to get faster, we need faster skaters upfront, who get on the scoreboard consistently.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

And the delicious irony of each of those top 4 ending the night at -1! Mathews with the lazy back check after the rush and not picking anyone up on JT’s goal. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

K glad I stumbled on this. Super cool. Bruce brings this in on his own accord. Then give it to the lunch box warrior 4th liner. On top of all that the guys were stoked to see lammer get it. 

This team is coming together man. It's a damn shame we didn't fire green after game 10. 

Yes! Let this team build some damn  chemistry FFS!  Now we're talking about ripping a heart and soul leader out of the room again.  And we wonder why they struggle out of the gate...

14 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Funny near the end when Bruce says “ we won the….(momentary pause to mentally delete the f’bomb)…hockey game.  :lol:

Yup, he handled the drama seekers like a pro. I'm loving what he brings to the club. His record so far is beyond great, especially considering the Covid adversity. Enjoy the 2 points and keep winning the week...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

I hate that theres a fish on it

Guess the picture or engraving on it can be discussed, but the meaning of belt is immense...

Its a we appreciate you symbol, and I think its magic... in line with the fans on unsung hero award... Great for the group by Gabby...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

according to natural stat tricks:

High danger scoring Chances : 13 for the Toronto Maple Leafs vs. 4 for the Vancouver Canucks.

There is no denying that the Leafs had significant more high danger scoring chances.

Demko was the one who won this game for this team.

regarding the 4 10M forwards:

look at the standings; this Leafs team will make the playoffs because they have the much needed firepower upfront like other top teams like the Hurricanes, the Avs, the Lightning and the Panthers.

What's the difference between the Leafs and the Nucks:

Leafs are much faster team with much more firepower upfront; this Canucks team needs to get faster, we need faster skaters upfront, who get on the scoreboard consistently.

While this is true, I don't think they will win anything, as their 4x10M players gets shut down, once the whistles gets put away...

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Cool. And... you eoi\nd see. Also, I may be the only one here but I feel our management group is too big with too many egos. I think there will be problems.

Or they may be very cohesive and work those great skills together as a team, just sayin....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Or they may be very cohesive and work those great skills together as a team, just sayin....

I agree with you on this. Anyone who thinks the management group is too big has not looked at the management group of successful organizations (i.e. Tampa Bay).

• Cheers 1