The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Feb. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, CanuckleHorse said:

Yeah he gets a free pass the turnovers, the bad penalties and bone head decisions in the offensive zone that creates an odd man rush he is just so involved :bigblush:

Like Captain Miller 2 penalties, giving up on the play after 1 of them and drop passes to no one leading to odd man rushes? :bigblush:

1 minute ago, MrCanuck94 said:

To be fair, I feel like I've seen Bo not stick up for guys more times than I have seen him do it. But that's not his fault, it's just not his game.

I guess when Bo was developing, I really thought he would be the Iginla/Kesler/Brind'Amour type emotional leader and wear his heart on his sleeve.

Doesn't mean he's not a good captain and not a solid second line center!

Ive been very critical of Horvat’s play mainly because of his poor decision making with the puck. 

He is definitely not without criticism for sure. Though, more often than not, he’s doing good things for us, especially defensively.

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I mean dude Horvat was behind the play, and Burns who’s a miniature Chewbacca was tagging him. Surely you can’t expect Horvat to  superman jump the entire scrum while Miller’s already into it.

Horvat sticks up for guys all the time. 

To be honest its about showing up to the dance and just taking the mess that comes with it. Miller was tired too and still took on that mess to protect his teammate.

I love Bo, but simply showing up for your teammates in those moments are what matters and speak louder. I don't expect him to forcefully maul guys down, but you gotta show some conviction when you see your teammates getting tagged by others.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I’m really enjoying watching the development of Kyle Burroughs. Dunno how everyone feels about him but he seems to be getting more confident and really starting to blossom as an NHL defenseman. He’s physical, doesn’t give away the puck, and positionally is very strong. I hope Bruce keeps him in the lineup. I really can see him growing into our new Tanev (if Tanev actually hit people that is…) 

Burroughs is a gem. Not sure if his ceiling is Tanev high but him just being a solid third pairing heart and soul guy is awesome. Being a BC boy makes it even better.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

To be honest its about showing up to the dance and just taking the mess that comes with it. Miller was tired too and still took on that mess to protect his teammate.

I love Bo, but simply showing up for your teammates in those moments are what matters and speak louder. I don't expect him to forcefully maul guys down, but you gotta show some conviction when you see your teammates getting tagged by others.

He more often than not does, just this play Miller was already on it because he was right there. Miller has just about as much leadership responsibility as Bo does and it was handled. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

What’s he supposed to do though, go after Couture, Burns, etc? He could have gotten a retaliatory penalty in that crucial stage of the game. He couldn’t physically get to Meier even if he tried to because of the amount of big bodies in front of him. Miller was already taking care of it, Horvat would have stepped up if someone else decided to instigate for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

Im all for moving Dickinson. I don’t see what he brings to this team. All i see that he brings Canucks is a Bad PK. Just move him, get rid of his Cap hit, don’t need anything in return . Move his contract to another team.

Moving who?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

Im all for moving Dickinson. I don’t see what he brings to this team. All i see that he brings Canucks is a Bad PK. Just move him, get rid of his Cap hit, don’t need anything in return . Move his contract to another team.

To Jersey + for Zacha, anyone suggesting Brock or Garland for Zacha is completely delusional 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

7-3-3 since we got thrashed by the Florida teams, not bad really and we played some good Western teams in that stretch. If we keep that up we may sneak into the playoffs, but this special teams isn't helping at all and Demko can't get beaten short side twice in a game.

Clark will fix that I’m not worried.

Demko it the type of goalie that needs to play a lot. Those 4 days off probably hurt his rhythm.

• Cheers 3

Just now, DeNiro said:

Clark will fix that I’m not worried.

Demko it the type of goalie that needs to play a lot. Those 4 days off probably hurt his rhythm.

We have been getting Vezina quality Demko all year he has more than earned a bad game/a bail out game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Him Hammer and Hogs could bring something and are the most expendable don’t get me wrong I really like them just think we could be okay with getting something we need for them.

10 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Ive been very critical of Horvat’s play mainly because of his poor decision making with the puck. 

He is definitely not without criticism for sure. Though, more often than not, he’s doing good things for us, especially defensively.

imo Bo has improved but still has a long way to go defensively. Still seems to struggle reading plays at times and getting sticks in passing lanes.

Edited by MrCanuck94