The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

But i can understand why Kuzmenko would choose Edmonton to play with a player like McDavid. 

He could put up a ton of points, and then cash in. 

Could he though?

Any team that sees him putting up points is gonna know it’s because he’s playing with McDavid.

Doubt any team looks at him and thinks he’ll get the same points with another team.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Even with Pettersson, we can’t seem to attract players wanting to come here and play. 

This organization isn’t quite there yet, where players will take discounts to land here in Vancouver and don the white, blue and green. We’ve really struck out in terms of collegiate free agents, and now the international ones (like Kuzmenko). I know he might not be a superstar, or even a star player, but a free asset is a free asset. 

coz vancouver and any of the big canandian cities are really tough place for players.. the media and fans here are toxic.. the moment u struggle they'll come after you with their pitchfork and run you out of town. not a fun place to be vs the us cities where hockey is like the 3rd or 4th sports in most cities.. most fans forget about u the next night

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

coz vancouver and any of the big canandian cities are really tough place for players.. the media and fans here are toxic.. the moment u struggle they'll come after you with their pitchfork and run you out of town. not a fun place to be vs the us cities where hockey is like the 3rd or 4th sports in most cities.. most fans forget about u the next night

That’s true for the most part. Major American cities have 3-4 major leagues (i.e. the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL). Vancouver has ONE major team. ONE. So the focus on the Canucks is obviously high, even days after they play. It’s a great place to live and play on the condition that you’re winning games, and playoff rounds, and championships. Must be great to live in Tampa Bay right now, and be part of that franchise. 

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

That’s true for the most part. Major American cities have 3-4 major leagues (i.e. the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL). Vancouver has ONE major team. ONE. So the focus on the Canucks is obviously high, even days after they play. It’s a great place to live and play on the condition that you’re winning games, and playoff rounds, and championships. Must be great to live in Tampa Bay right now, and be part of that franchise. 

imagine living in boston the last 2 decades.. the bruins?? who cares about them lol not including bruins they have won 11 championships since 2000.. that's literally 1 every other year lol.. 

48 minutes ago, JM_ said:

maybe he's unimpressed with EDM in the playoffs. 

Would be great to add this young man to the team. I really think it's between the Canucks and Oilers. Still think we lose out to the Oilers, just a feeling. 

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

Would be great to add this young man to the team. I really think it's between the Canucks and Oilers. Still think we lose out to the Oilers, just a feeling. 

If it is indeed between those two teams then I would remain fairly hopeful.  Edmonton does not have any Russian players.  Vancouver is also not just a little bit nicer than Edmonton, it's almost night and day nicer than Edmonton.   Sure Kuzmenko could tough it out for one season but does he really feel like doing that?  I would have to assume that the season would be significantly more pleasant for him if it were spent in Vancouver.  

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

maybe he's unimpressed with EDM in the playoffs. 

Or maybe Kuzmenko sees the Soiler PP1 with McDavid, Draisatl, Kane, Nuge, Hyman and knows there’s no room for him, even if Kane moves on?  

11 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

If it is indeed between those two teams then I would remain fairly hopeful.  Edmonton does not have any Russian players.  Vancouver is also not just a little bit nicer than Edmonton, it's almost night and day nicer than Edmonton.   Sure Kuzmenko could tough it out for one season but does he really feel like doing that?  I would have to assume that the season would be significantly more pleasant for him if it were spent in Vancouver.  

I agree on all those points, but there is the McDavid factor. One only needs to see the success Kane has had on that team, and wonder if they can get a piece of that. There are some other factors, like if the Oilers can extend Kane, which I doubt. I wonder if Kuzmenko knows Pods? That would help. Edit. I see him and Pods were teammates. Was also teammates with Yakupov, which could help our case, lol.

Edited by rekker

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Or maybe Kuzmenko sees the Soiler PP1 with McDavid, Draisatl, Kane, Nuge, Hyman and knows there’s no room for him, even if Kane moves on?  

thats a good point. Here he'll get to play in more roles for sure. 

19 minutes ago, rekker said:

I agree on all those points, but there is the McDavid factor. One only needs to see the success Kane has had on that team, and wonder if they can get a piece of that. There are some other factors, like if the Oilers can extend Kane, which I doubt. I wonder if Kuzmenko knows Pods? That would help. Edit. I see him and Pods were teammates. Was also teammates with Yakupov, which could help our case, lol.

Yep, McDavid is a wild card in this for sure.  If he's making a pros/cons list is that enough of a pro for him to go to Edmonton?  I hope not!  I believe I read somewhere that he was on a line with Podz for a time.  Fingers crossed!

I never thought of Yakupov but that's right funny haha!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, rekker said:

Kane has had that success pretty much his entire career

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Yep, McDavid is a wild card in this for sure.  If he's making a pros/cons list is that enough of a pro for him to go to Edmonton?  I hope not!  I believe I read somewhere that he was on a line with Podz for a time.  Fingers crossed!

I never thought of Yakupov but that's right funny haha!

at some point the McDiver effect has to start wearing off, doesn't it? even he isn't enough to carry at team when it matters. EDM really doesn't have any cap room to improve for next year. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Kane has had that success pretty much his entire career

Well ya, but Kane is a similar story in that he has been dropped into the lineup, only to be putting up career high numbers. That's tough to ignore and if Kuzmenko can get off to a running start, it means a big pay day down the road for himself. 

15 hours ago, rekker said:

Well ya, but Kane is a similar story in that he has been dropped into the lineup, only to be putting up career high numbers. That's tough to ignore and if Kuzmenko can get off to a running start, it means a big pay day down the road for himself. 

Makes sense financially, especially if making the most money and getting the largest pay day is Kuzmenko’s ultimate goal. 

• Cheers 1