Calgary (.775)

Dallas (.675)

Oilers and Kings (.650)

Canucks (.625)

Vegas (.525)

Nashville (.500)

Ducks (.450)

-

I know things change, but based on the last 20 games Vegas and Nashville continue to trend down.

Dallas is moving up and and to be honest I don't see them falling out of the WC 1 spot or the playoffs all together.

-

Assuming Vegas and Nashville continue to tank, Ducks are falling off hard as well

---

We could sneak into the WC 2 position.

Based on the Last 10 and 30 Games, Canucks have one of the best Pts percentage in the Pacific if not west.

-

It will be close... may unfortunately come down to the wire and potentially we don't know if we are sellers until a week prior to the deadline

A few days ago I was reading some media, With conference rivals games in hand we were realistically 10pts out at that point.  Haven't looked closely in the past 48hrs but that's an awful lot of pts to make up considering teams like LA are essentially matching our record over the past 10 games or so.  Are we really as close as some believe?

I thought JR and Allvin would've made a move by now. A lot were saying how many trades JR likes to make, how active he is, but nothing's happened yet and it's been months. I understand that the best time to trade is probably at the TDL or in the off season, but they're close to a playoff spot. I guess they're just going with what they have and then they'll make decisions at the TDL.

Canucks have the goaltending to go all the way, but not the team. They're too inconsistent, can't seem to go on a run of wins. There are a few passengers as well, and good teams have everyone going. 

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I thought JR and Allvin would've made a move by now. A lot were saying how many trades JR likes to make, how active he is, but nothing's happened yet and it's been months. I understand that the best time to trade is probably at the TDL or in the off season, but they're close to a playoff spot. I guess they're just going with what they have and then they'll make decisions at the TDL.

Canucks have the goaltending to go all the way, but not the team. They're too inconsistent, can't seem to go on a run of wins. There are a few passengers as well, and good teams have everyone going. 

JR said that as long as they are playing meaningful games, ie still in the playoff hunt, they won't be making deals.  I think that this takes them right up to the TDL but maybe later.  

JR also said that player trades will be made by the GM.  He's not going to be making the call.  Having said that, I think that Allvin is cut from the same cloth.

We also heard from Friedman tonight on 32 thoughts who said that management has been going thru the roster to determine value of all the players from other GM's, the likely contract situations from respective Agents and will be making decisions based on this information and on how they see the team in the longer term.  In other words, what has been passed off as trade rumours by the media is not that at all.  It is due diligence

So in the near future we may or may not see deals made.  We will certainly see deals made in the offseason.  The more time that goes by, the better read they are going to have on various players.  For example, Hunt looked like a bag of pucks and is starting to look like a hockey player and Pearson was meh for most of the year and recently is starting to look like he's worth his salary.  So, we will see.....

Not sure of the exact record but I think we're around a .600 team under Bruce which would have slipped us into the top 3 of the division. Of course, Green was held on to for far too long and we're here now digging our way out of this brutal, possibly historical hole.

There are plenty of games left and it does seem as though a lot of the Pacific teams are struggling.

The season will be decided in the 3 games against Vegas. We've historically sucked against them, but if we win all 3 we're in and they're out.

On 3/6/2022 at 12:54 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Not sure of the exact record but I think we're around a .600 team under Bruce which would have slipped us into the top 3 of the division. Of course, Green was held on to for far too long and we're here now digging our way out of this brutal, possibly historical hole.

There are plenty of games left and it does seem as though a lot of the Pacific teams are struggling.

The season will be decided in the 3 games against Vegas. We've historically sucked against them, but if we win all 3 we're in and they're out.

Lol no even if Vegas loses all 3 against the canucks but match our record the rest of the way we are still out lol. We match on the 1st tie breaker row.. but will still have less overall wins. Basically the canucks need to beat out any of the teams they are chasing in order to make it.. they are so far behind in the tiebreaker they won't beat out any team even if they catch them.. they need to out right be ahead of the.. all the teams either 3-5 more row and have more overall wins even if they lose 3 or 4 and we win 3 or 4 more. After going 3-1 on the road trip.. the Canucks still pretty much made 0 grounds on the team that's in the playoff spot.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol no even if Vegas loses all 3 against the canucks but match our record the rest of the way we are still out lol. We match on the 1st tie breaker row.. but will still have less overall wins. Basically the canucks need to beat out any of the teams they are chasing in order to make it.. they are so far behind in the tiebreaker they won't beat out any team even if they catch them.. they need to out right be ahead of the.. all the teams either 3-5 more row and have more overall wins even if they lose 3 or 4 and we win 3 or 4 more. After going 3-1 on the road trip.. the Canucks still pretty much made 0 grounds on the team that's in the playoff spot.

Exactly - the way Vegas has played lately, I doubt they match our record going forward. Vegas are 4-5-1 in their last 10 including some very bad teams, and if they continue a .500 record going forward plus lose all 3 against us, we'll easily bounce them out. 

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Exactly - the way Vegas has played lately, I doubt they match our record going forward. Vegas are 4-5-1 in their last 10 including some very bad teams, and if they continue a .500 record going forward plus lose all 3 against us, we'll easily bounce them out. 

lol well considered they lost their starting goaltender for like a month and just got him back.. 

Since Bruce took over I believe we're around 0.68 which would be 1st in the Pacific and 5th in the league which is a crazy stat, and another big reason I hope management sit pat and don't make too many trades. 5th overall in the league after 30-40 games is pretty damn good, if you were Carolina you certainly wouldn't go selling your best players, and we shouldn't either because we have a big opportunity to win, and win now (or if not this season, next season).

It's still a tall order with teams ahead of us winning but every week we gain ground on them. I think our easiest target is Vegas. They've always had our number, but they've had big injuries lately and looked a mess, lost to some very bad teams and been under .500 the last 10 games. We play them 3 times soon, if we can win them all it'll put us on even peggings with them.

Green dug us into such a deep hole that being the 5th best team in the league may not be good enough for the playoffs, but I hope even if we don't make it, we stick to the same team we have right now and don't make any massive moves because there's no reason we can't still have a .650 team next season if all unchanged and all under Bruce.

On 3/5/2022 at 1:31 PM, NUCKER67 said:

I'd consider winning 7 of our last 9 games a run of wins.  Making it 14 of our last 16 will be better though at the end of the homestand.

7 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Most direct path to the playoffs is to finish 3rd in the Pacific.  To do that nux need to finish ahead of edm anaheim and vegas.  Doable with a strong 25 last games and beating Vegas and Edm when we play them. 

Calgary and LA already have a strangle hold on 2 spots and I'm confident Vegas will bounce back. 

Canucks need Dallas or Nashville to completely collapse to make it in I think