The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Mar. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

And the rest of us will throw a huge party.

We need a player like this if we're ever going to have a chance at anything. He's ours and of course other teams want him....which is exactly why we keep him.

Dude is on pace to have a top ten season in Canucks history in terms of production. You don't trade that away unless someone pays up the wazoo.

He's literally having one of the best seasons in franchise history. Doesn't seem like some folk are quite understanding that, or the effect that moving him will have on the team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

29 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

At the very least he won't be traded at the deadline. Bruce just gave him a massive endorsement and management doesn't seem thrilled with the offers being thrown our way.

When he's not moved at the deadline, the level of seethe from some folk will be absolutely glorious :lol:

Or a massive sales pitch

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Last 11 games:

JT Miller - 19 points 

Connor McDavid - 16 points 

Elias Pettersson - 15 points 

Leon Draisaitl - 14 points 

6B9A1C74-8168-4BD1-A7EE-E388EEAA7D0E.gif

And our guys, unlike Baby Connor and Big Leon, actually play hard without the puck.  

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

"If you wake up tomorrow and 3 of your vets have been traded, will you say one word about it?"  

Bruce "it will be a four letter word"

What a funny guy.   

Demko "the best young goalie i've had" 

Miller/Team "haven't talked about a trade one word" 

Hughes "he's going to be a superstar if he's not there yet" 

EP "was thinking about using his name too what i talked about Hughes....he could get there too"   (paraphrasing)

Cup " best teams don't always win the cup ... it takes luck as you know Nick in 94, a lot of things have to fall into place" (paraphrasing)  

Well Batch I will sound like a downer but someone has to do it. :)  What value does the #5 center in the NHL bring back to Vancouver? Miller is an exceptional player who simply might be 2-3 years to early for the Canucks. Can he carry the team into playoff? It certainly looks like it right now. But if the goal is winning a Cup is making playoffs winning a battle but losing the war? I appreciate the upside of making playoffs and the young core experiencing the effort that takes. 

With sober second thought I still focus on 2-3 years out. Van's biggest challenge is still on the blue line. Hughes is a franchise player. Meyers and OEL are not in the equation 

2-3 years out as top 4 d-men. The super hard decisions for the franchise are being made in Rutherford's office as they take calls from teams wanting Canuck forwards such as Miller, Boeser and Garland. What is being offered and how will they fit? Do they trade Miller if he brings back a d-man with top pairing potential? Obviously there would be more to that package as well but Van has to get that level of player for Miller or the deal doesn't happen. Can Boeser bring that level of d-man back? I just don't think so. He might bring back a first rdr + that could result in a high d-man pick. That might be enough to pass on moving Miller. 

The good aspect of all this is that Van has an experienced crew guiding the ship. Not their first dance. They have had a good period of time to do their assessments.  Canucks over next couple of weeks will dominate BC news!   

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Gotta agree with that.  Management knows what they've got in him and aren't going to bite on the lowball offers they're getting, and could get again at this time next year.  Why not enjoy one of the best players in the league in the mean time, and see if we go on a run that might make him want to stay?

If they are in the hunt the way they are now, I doubt they make a move on miller.  However, if they slide, he's gone i think. 

Edited by stawns
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Absolutely right.  Now if someone would pass the obvious message on to T. Drance, all would be right with the world.

The mental gymnastics “Drancer” (lol) is going to exhibit tomorrow as he attempts to down play the Canucks playoff chances will both be cringeworthy (as per his usual) but perhaps even somewhat entertaining.

And yeah, JT ain’t going anywhere as long as the Canucks keep up this pace of winning. The optics of Rutherford doing it now, or in the next few weeks, would be AWFUL and would not set up the new regime well in the eyes of the fanbase. If JT makes it clear he doesn’t want to sign here in the Summer, you trade him then. 

Canucks need to win 6 of 7 on this coming home stand. 5 at a bare minimum.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, kilgore said:

Exactly.

I just don't get some in the media who have a problem with Miller's anger.   Its not like he walks into the press room after the game and punches over the mic and throws his chair at Friedman.  The game is a live theatrical event. What goes on in the theatre stays in the theatre. Its part of the show ffs.  Off the ice he is the consummate professional.  Humble guy with thoughtful answers.

Yeah, some see it as immature; not me. He wears his heart on his sleeve and his emotions drive him to be better. I think we're lucky to have him in Vcr when his talent is peaking 

• Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, KFan said:

Yeah, some see it as immature; not me. He wears his heart on his sleeve and his emotions drive him to be better. I think we're lucky to have him in Vcr when his talent is peaking 

Not to mention he was the only guy to speak out after the team was hit with Covid last year and the NHL was forcing us to play that ridiculous schedule. That's leadership right there.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

This chase is so much more fun than the death marches we've had in previous years.

Can't believe some ppl want us to fold up the tent & pack it in.

I haven't seen anyone say that

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Not here necessarily but there's certainly some of those types on Canucks twitter.

I think everyone here is loving nights like last night.

Canucks twiter is a crap heap. Its not like there's some kind of barrier to posting on there, anyone can do it and claim to be a Canucks "fan". I'm convinced its full of other teams fans trolling, tbh. I hate how media uses it as representative of us. 

Edited by JM_
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 2