The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 11, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Quinn Hughes, showing you how not to defend a 2-on-1.

Great offensive game, though.

Wilson really checked Hughes hard tonight. Guys 1 of the best there is when it comes to that 

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Problem now will be is after the trade deadline Canucks will be facing some beefed up playoff teams (provided they acquire a player) and this probably includes Vegas 

maybe, we can aquire another d first center and upgrade on hunt/burroughs. im all for trading rathbone, cant have too many small D. the real question there is what are willing to offer, I dont think we can trade another first, maybe our 2023 2nd? maybe we can trade poolman for A LD there was 10 teams inquiring about his services JB said.

hard to improve the team without breaking the bank, but its not impossible

Canucks should not trade away their future at the deadline no matter where they are in the playoff race.

They are not a contender yet.

They need at least another two D plus a forward and they don't have the picks to spend to get them.

If they make the playoffs, this year should be for the experience... they are unlikely to go deep.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Hughes is elite, but on the PP, he really needs to not double clutch before passing over to Pettersson. He gets the puck from Miller on the half wall and always holds it too long until Pettersson's one timer no longer is an option. 

OEL is better on the PP!. 

51 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Rough luck, for sure.

I think it's overreacting about Kuz not going to the quiet room.  Pretty sure that is only if they show symptoms. He did sell the hit, but I'm not surprised Myers got 2 on the play.

I'm more pissed about OEL getting 2 when he was only getting a penalty to (almost) even up the high stick that wasn't. That, and OJ Tushie (thanks for sharing that story, Shorty) tackling Huggy were pretty bad.  And don't get me started on Boeser's offside.  Very close call, but they're supposed to let those go for review, if a goal is scored. Oh well. Got one more point than Vegas.

So happy the boys made the awesome comeback.  Sure made up for the sleeper periods that came before.

Yeah that was complete BS. made the even up call then still called OEL on it

1 hour ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Gudbrandson threw a few into Hathaway's mug for Hathaway's mother.  That's probably why Hathaway spit at Guddy.  Hathaway and any spitter is a POS in my books.

I love watching this guy try to fight and get tuned up by real fighters. 

Hathaway IMO managed to become one of the biggest POS in the league. No respect for other players. 

Tiring of this love/hate thing going on with this team, they can either be a really good team or suck so bad BUT the worst is seeing bigger teams walk on us with no pushback, ok so this isn't new but it's getting on my last nerve! Wish it was easier out there to find bigger tougher skilled players, as we need about 3-4 more and I wish one of them was Tryamkin back, I'm sure the Dallas Stars don't ever want to see him again but it was fun to watch a Russian T-34 Tank take to the ice while it lasted but we need more of that if we're ever going to get anywhere.

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Devron said:

Nah he’s never out there making big hits. Making other players play honestly. Protecting his teammates. No impact? Laughable 

Cheers Devron, well said.

Harmonic even gave him a pat as he came off the ice, for sticking to the player being tough on Hunt...

He is the only player, who consistently goes to war for his team mates... There's a reason he plays with Hughes..

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Darius said:

In recent years we’ve seen the team fold after a little adversity.  It’s nice to see the team evolve into one that can come back after things don’t go their way early on

Thanks... this is so true...

After reading through the PGT you'd have thought we just got dropped out of the play off race... 

I thought the team battled back fantastically and gave them self a chance in game, that looked all but over after the second period.

2 point would have been great, but 1 far better then none, and the mental strength shown to at least get a point, shows the character in the team... 

The team is growing, and its getting better week after week...

Canucks are right in the middle of it and that in it self is a remarkable achievement...  

Lots of big games coming up, and the team needs to make the most of it.... desire will go a long way in determine if they make it or not.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

One of the captains eh? 

Nice to have leadership. Before controversy starts, I don't care if that was Miller or Horvat or OEL etc. What I care about is how the guys responded. There is no locker room issues. Horvat responds by scoring 2, Miller keeps his streak going

This....

Been saying this for ages... this team has lots of leaders in it... Letters don't make leaders

You're either a leader or you're not... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Question is more like, when will he be top of the tree on that list... 12 more assists... 

By the time he's done this contract,  he will have broken every D club record except goals.   Most points, most assists, multi point games etc.    Nice to see some old timers Kearns, Lidster and Lumme on the list ... Reinhart for two years etc...hard to believe it's taken that long to have someone on the D that looks to threaten their records.   Jovo looked to be the guy for a couple years in the early 2000,s that could one day do it - been a long time let's just say that.   Also impressed with how he took last years defensive flaws to heart... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

So we are going to hope the other goalie plays crappy every game?  Hell, with the Cap’s goalie playing crappy, we should have bloody won!  Demko plays his normal self and we do win.  That’s not hate for Demko.  That’s accepting the fact he’s our best and most important player.  The better he plays the more likely We win.  The poorer he plays the more likely we lose.  

Thanks Captain Obvious.  You've just made a statement that applies to EVERY single team/goalie in hockey and hockey history.  Obviously, this obvious fact has been lost on you.

The problem with the Canucks is that they have so many holes up front, if Demko doesn't stand on his head EVERY game he plays, everything is intensified.  If you were remotely paying attention tonight and every other night, with an exception or two, you would recognize that Demko gives the Canucks a chance to win when he's in the line up.  I doubt if you realize this or not, but the reason why Demko is extraordinarily relied upon to win games is because the rest of the team is lacking.  Once the rest of the team comes to 80% of what Demko gives you consistently, this team will be a contender.  Until then, it's a pretender.

And that's coming from a diehard Canucks fan who loves this team.

• Like 2