The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday March 17 Detroit Red Wings (24-29-7) @ Vancouver Canucks (30-24-7) Rogers Arena 7:00 PDST SNP TV 650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

52 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Whoa, there's a twist I hadn't considered! lol  But I think that's highly doubtful, Petey is the future

Just want to keep an open mind.  We just don't know.    JB era we had a couple hundred trade proposals on this forum ... did any of them come true?   Not thinking any of Allvins will be much different.   Don't think any player is safe outside of Demko really. 

49 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm pretty sure Petey of all guys would be doing everything in his power to not only rehab but protect himself against further injury. He's just dedicated that way. 

I'm not sure anything in the gym can really prevent injury due to being slashed. Perhaps different gloves, but this is more unfortunate than anything he can be blamed for. He's targeted and that takes a toll.

Just like with Bobby Orr, as soon as other players learned his knees were his weakness, that's what they went for.  If the goal is to take EP out of a game, then paying a 2 minute penalty is a paltry sum for a slash that could end his game, especially when the Canucks PP still revolves around his one-timer, either the actual shot or the threat of the shot.  When EP's not on the far half wall, I noticed defensive coverage shifts to the middle to take away the bumper, knowing that OEL does not have a feared slapper.  It's an equipment issue, today's players wear low-cuff gloves to free their wrists.  I've noticed that JT wears plastic wrist guards under his gloves, I have not seen the same thing on EP, but he needs to do something!  Maybe Bauer can come up with a fix.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, IBatch said:

Just want to keep an open mind.  We just don't know.    JB era we had a couple hundred trade proposals on this forum ... did any of them come true?   Not thinking any of Allvins will be much different.   Don't think any player is safe outside of Demko really. 

Is there a goalie we would trade Demko for, especially considering his contract?  I say no.  Hughes is very close to that 'can't be replaced with his contract included, territory too.

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Remember when everyone freaked out when we traded our first to acquire him?

Ahhhhhh, meeeemmmmooorrriiiieeeessss....

Or the start of the season this year when everyone said he was half hearted, moody and a bust? I remember it (well).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Petey needs to start wearing special wrist guards similar to those shot-blocker shin pads that D-men wear. 

I speculated a few months ago, that he would have wrist surgery this summer, when the season is over. I think they took the rehab path and that it's turning out that he needs surgery to fix permanently.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

That time Deb hired a woman at work and we were playing the Red Wings not long thereafter and she walked into the office wearing her.....Detroit jersey!!!!! 

wt...?

(Despite wanting to fire her on the spot, we've become life long friends and her Mom's a die hard Canuck fan so....... :lol:. J's a die hard hockey fan and one day I'll get her over to the good side....). 

Yeah, I had a friend once also who was a huge Red Wings fan.

On a side note, did you know how INCREDIBLY well some plants do and grow with certain types of fertilizers??? ;)

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Or the start of the season this year when everyone said he was half hearted, moody and a bust? I remember it (well).

Moody - yes, he is...and miserable at times.

Half-hearted - no...visibly frustrated when the team does not play well and with losing.  He is at a stage of his career where playing right and winning are expected. 

A bust - :lol:

• Cheers 2

This should be an easy win but the Red Wings are a bit like NJD - they're young and they can fly. We've got to be ready again and not let in early goals, and should be able to take care of business. 

Vegas plays Florida which should be an easy L but Dallas will probably romp Montreal. In any case, we may well be in a playoff spot for a few hours. Huge building block before the back to back which we'll surely drop at least 1 game so have to win this one.

3-0 Canucks

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

I think the coaching change had a very positive effect on Miller (and his team mates) 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think the coaching change had a very positive effect on Miller (and his team mates) 

Management change too.  That offseason after the bubble really changed the group, and how they (IMHAO) viewed management.  I think player confidence in management to build a winner was lost. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1