The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Travis Hamonic to Senators for 2022 3rd-round pick

19 hours ago, iinatcc said:

It's amazing isn't it?

if it was Benning, Canucks would have gotten a 6th ... just because :lol:

nope

Benning woulda taken that 3rd and run with it...

and thrown in a second

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Me_ said:

That guy is just odd. He’s an odd duck. I wonder what kind of rituals he has around the rink… 

At this point, I have the same happy feeling as when the Canucks finally got rid of Booth.

Just simply odd ducks who attract the wrong attention instead of focusing on the team.

Ha ha Booth. I havent thought about him in a while. Yep a very odd duck that one, loved to shoot stuff if I recall correctly. 

Just left me with an overall feeling of lethargy...wasted cap space, never brought enough to the game to make me want to root for him, just an all round disappointment for me. 100% the same as Loui Erriccson to be honest.

• Vintage 1

Hamonic doesn't really seem committed to playing Hockey anymore (at least for time being).

I don't blame him on that but I feel like there was a gap in communication between Benning and Hamonic's side when the extension was being negotiated. 

That said it all worked out since Canucks got a 3rd out of it. So happy accident. 

• Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Hamonic doesn't really seem committed to playing Hockey anymore (at least for time being).

I don't blame him on that but I feel like there was a gap in communication between Benning and Hamonic's side when the extension was being negotiated. 

That said it all worked out since Canucks got a 3rd out of it. So happy accident. 

I would bet the Isles fans would agree

and certainly Flames fans after the bubble

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

A huge one!!!!

travis-hamonic-2020-43.jpg

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Who the heck is this Wiley Canuck buffoon?  That's not what Seravalli said.  Just trying to stir up some hate. I'm sure Hamonic wasn't popular with team mates and there were differences, but c'mon man. The big story here is VAN fleecing OTT

I thought the same on the fleecing. Really nice looking trade and now Vancouver moves on. 

48 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

Really? Where did you hear that. If true I'm glad he's gone.

He is missing the game in long Island but will meet the team in Winnipeg for their second game. Not like they are in a playoff hunt or anything. I'm sure hamonic asked for a few days to get his shat together and Dorian said OK.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, aqua59 said:

I'm seeing new management undoing Jim Benning signings and this is one of them. I'm sure it will continue.

You do realize that new management has kept Benning's team intact, right?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

On 3/22/2022 at 5:44 PM, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Vancouver is a toxic city

This is not entirely inaccurate. Vancouver's media/fanbase has always been pretty fickle about its team. Look no further than the sudden attendance drops after 2011. The Leafs' loyalty, on the other hand, is genuine, to a fault.

Then you look at everyone who has left the city, including management. The analysis of Benning was often one-sided. Sure he drafted well, but there's always this 'excuse' to blame him for something. The most inexplicable was the drafting, which was so much better than Gillis. Yet people were so in love with Gillis that they were willing to severely overlook/ignore GIllis' greatest flaws because of the so-called glory days.

Then you look at Vancouver being perceived as 'stuck-up', compared to the rest of Canada.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Isnt that a face that says “take me back”

take me back

country road

to the place

I belong

- sorry, couldn't resist

away you go, yon weirdo, back to where you belong, where weirdos run the country, and 90 year old senators make decisions.. etc...

11 hours ago, Dazzle said:

This is not entirely inaccurate. Vancouver's media/fanbase has always been pretty fickle about its team. Look no further than the sudden attendance drops after 2011. The Leafs' loyalty, on the other hand, is genuine, to a fault.

Then you look at everyone who has left the city, including management. The analysis of Benning was often one-sided. Sure he drafted well, but there's always this 'excuse' to blame him for something. The most inexplicable was the drafting, which was so much better than Gillis. Yet people were so in love with Gillis that they were willing to severely overlook/ignore GIllis' greatest flaws because of the so-called glory days.

Then you look at Vancouver being perceived as 'stuck-up', compared to the rest of Canada.

Everything that you said I agree with.

I can't actually believe that people, and not as a joke, were actually considering Gillis to make a return to this team after the turmoil that he left the team in. He's the reason we had no continuation plan in the first place and had to rebuild as the Sedins were getting older and the team wasn't a contender anymore. 

Benning was literally brought in because of his drafting pedigree to help fix that. It's just hilarious to me how people so easily forget these things.

Also it's nice to see someone that has an unbiased POV and won't cry bloody murder just because one person doesn't like certain aspects of the city (in this case, the social aspect).

There are people that love the city and rightfully so because its really beautiful, and peaceful. Overall its a good city.

However, compared to a lot of other parts I've lived in Canada, the people are more stuck-up and its sort of cliquey based on my personal experience. Mind you, I'm originally from San Diego and grew up in LA so that's saying a lot (I actually find people more open in LA).

That doesn't mean it's true to anyone else. In fact people could think the exact opposite of me and that's completely fine because its their belief.

I actually find it quite funny how sensitive people get simply because of a difference of opinion.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2