The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will anyone be upset if we get a typical Canucks answer? There was nothing out there.

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

I am sort of on the fence about trades being made today. The one thing I do get tired of is that there was nothing out there when other teams seem to find trades to make. I really think they have to, have to deal Motte. You can't let him walk for nothing. Other than that, it would surprise me if they don’t do much this trade deadline. I think alot of their work will be in the offseason. I just want to know if anyone will be upset if they don't do much?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

No.

If there’s no deals to be made there’s no deals. Worst ones that could be made are ones that are made to appease the fans.

I will be disappointed if we can’t clear out Halak and one of Pearson, Dickinson, or Poolman though.

• Like 1

With how aggressive JR was with Pittsburgh I'll be upset if we just stand pat. After his 3 month assessment of our team, if he can't change more than hamonic for Dermott, that tells me he thinks this team has the right tools to take the next step forward (which it doesn't).

• Cheers 3

Would be disappointed in that want to see us move away from Benning’s team to see what Alvin’s looks like. 
If deal isn’t there, deal isn’t there. 
Would rather look at it from situation to situation. Benning would box himself into corners and time to see that end. 

Edited by DrJockitch

Nothing big will happen, the show goes on, aquaman likely still steering the sinking ship.. same old same sold, we will ice the same team next year, same result, rinse and repeat… until the end of time itself. 

I need a coffee 

I really want to see a big trade made now rather than the offseason, as it not only means we're getting younger, yada yada, but that we'll also likely lose more games down the stretch, which means we'll get a higher draft pick this year. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Re-sign Motte and trade Halak.

Do that and I’m happy.

I think I would rather deal Motte for a pick and call up Lockwood. He's faster, cheaper, more physical and exactly the type of player we need to start putting in our lineup to change the look of the bottom lines.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

30 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am sort of on the fence about trades being made today. The one thing I do get tired of is that there was nothing out there when other teams seem to find trades to make. I really think they have to, have to deal Motte. You can't let him walk for nothing. Other than that, it would surprise me if they do much this trade deadline. I think alot of their work will be in the offseason. I just want to know if anyone will be upset if they don't do much?

A creative GM, can find a trading partner.   If the reason, for the inactivity is the offers Allvin is receiving are low ball offers, then wait till the offseason 

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think I would rather deal Motte for a pick and call up Lockwood. He's faster, cheaper, more physical and exactly the type of player we need to start putting in our lineup to change the look of the bottom lines.

Would be a good move to give Lockwood some NHL experience, for next year