The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Tyler Motte to Rangers for 2023 4th-round pick

41 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Motte is better than Brock Boeser at least he does stuff. Brock needed to go. Take a 4th I don't care just don't sign him to anything north of 5m

I think he's good as gone, but this summer. Lots of changes coming this summer. You can only do so much at TDL me thinks.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Are you seriously trying to say Motte is better than Boeser?

Motte is a 4th liner who is fast and kills penalties. Never hit 20 points in his career.

Motte's got as many playoff goals. You know when games matter. 

5 Mottes beats 5 Brocks because Brock would never go get the puck. He would just skate around waiting for a pass that would never come. Motte would be all over him if he ever touched the puck. Motte is better. Brock is spoon fed points 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Brock wins no puck battles never seen him battle ever. When what???? Battles. Who? Brock hahaha??? 

You quotiing that bogus stat on J fresh twitter. Brocks 52.5% puck battles works out to 21 battles won of 40 on the entire season 2020/2021.

Brocks got 26 hits in 58 games what battle that's a joke right?

Boeser doesn't hit. He's too busy getting hit. At least Pettersson throws his body around when he can (too bad he ends up on the ice whether he's giving or receiving a hit, though).

People seem to be wanting to make trades with players that weren't trade bait. Lots of names I'm hearing just were not available. I think this Summer there will be some action happening after expired contracts and playoffs are over.

Just now, nuck-lifer said:

Brad Richardson has more value then Chaisson. 

Agreed. I'm honestly not choked with this trade deadline. Obviously it was quiet, but the last thing we need is management dumping players we plan on keeping for less than market value. 

Nice to see they created 1.5m in cap space with the Dermott/Hamonic deals, and don't plan on following the Benning template of paying 2.5-3m to fourth liners. 

I calculate about 4m in cap space created next season, assuming Boeser gets 6.75m/year on a long term deal. 

If they then start moving one of our biggest pieces like Boeser, Myers, Garland, etc. they should have the cap space to fix the blue line. 

I'm optimistic.

4 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

Richardson is nowhere near Motte's level this season.  He got waived for a reason.

Also while it is bleak, if we get on a run, we can easily make the playoffs.  We were on our first actual slide with Boudreau on this homestand.  We could easily still turn it around there's still a quarter the season to go.

yeah, Motte wasn't the difference sorry. We're also a lot better off replacing Hunt with an actual defensemen. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Lets not forget  demitr

Then why not make a few good trades and cut our losses? We didn't get better, and why only got slightly worse.

My question is why did Allvin wait to make this move? If he knew he was gonna move him, why not go for something good, Tampa, Calgary and Florida were giving away picks and prospects like candy.

for much better players. 

Majority of people on this board wanted to trade Motte to avoid the coming $1m+ pay increase on his next contract. Anyone who thought that has no right to complain about the return now. The organization did what you asked. Personally, I wanted to keep him even at $2-$2.5m per season.

Instead we traded the 27 year old for a 10% shot at getting another Motte 5 years from now. Brilliant.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Majority of people on this board wanted to trade Motte to avoid the coming $1m+ pay increase on his next contract. Anyone who thought that has no right to complain about the return now. The organization did what you asked. Personally, I wanted to keep him even at $2-$2.5m per season.

Instead we traded the 27 year old for a 10% shot at getting another Motte 5 years from now. Brilliant.

Be careful what you wish for.

we can't afford 2.5 for Motte, not with the nearly 5 mil in dead cap Benning left us. 

• Cheers 1