The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How did JR/PA do on TDL 2022? (10 being best, 1 being worst)

Rate this topic

HKSR

Scale of 1 - 10, how did JR/PA do on TDL 2022?  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The management let it be known that the only players not for sale were Pete, Quinn and Thatcher.

By looking at all our glorious proposals for TD, it appears that we overvalue most of the

players on the team.

Suck it up guys.  Maybe they can acquire more cap space and a couple of hockey trades during

the offseason.

2 minutes ago, awalk said:

Return on Motte seems a bit light, but I like that they saved cap space flipping Hamonic for cheaper, younger Dermott. I like that we got our 3rd round pick back, so if we miss the playoffs, we have our own pick. 

I would have liked to see more moves today, but there wasn't an urgent need to trade anyone outside of pending UFA Motte.

Ask me again at the start of next season after the draft and UFA. 

Dermott is garbage. Dangle hated the guy. Constantly was calling him out in their losses. Guilty pleasure is watching him explode with each Leafs loss, sue me. 

If we are going to miss the playoffs get the return. This is half asked just like the Kraken were built. 

• Cheers 2

Looking forward to summer to wait for a trade that will never happen..  how often you see a contending team go into summer past free agency with cap space waiting to make trades? Any trade involving Miller or boeser or garland or myer in the summer will have to have = cap dump coming back this way rather than if we traded them at the tdl we could have gotten expiring contract for dump and have cap space going into the summer.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I would rather have kept Motte for that outside shot at the playoffs

Well, if they call up DiGuesppe or Lockwood(?) to bring that speed and desire, maybe but Motte was one of the few who decided to show up to the games.

• Cheers 1

Got slightly worse without committing to a rebuild or retool is slightly confusing. We’re trending for a 16 to 10 pick that is crunched you against the cap. Would have thought we would have made a move to ship a player out to a team going for it this year. 

• Like 1

This deadline had Aqua all over it - WERE STILL IN THE PLAYOFFS....no you're not. Quit while ahead and scoop up on high payouts. While they did get Hamonic for Dermott, they failed to acquire multi picks, still stuck with Halak, appears like they are resigning Miller and still need to do a soft rebuild in the locker room....for example, how does a team come up flat every vital game at home??? under multiple coaches?....

Offseason is going to be interesting. 

Edited by BureBurrito
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Dermott is garbage. Dangle hated the guy. Constantly was calling him out in their losses. Guilty pleasure is watching him explode with each Leafs loss, sue me. 

If we are going to miss the playoffs get the return. This is half asked just like the Kraken were built. 

Oh no way Dangle said that? In that case

• Like 1

Not a lot of moves in the NHL in general. 
I saw the future in another dimension where we kept Motte though and he ends up getting a shoulder injury in Wednesday’s game and is on injury reserve for remainder of season, the signs with the Ducks for 3 years, $2.5M/ year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess this is what happens when you have a meddlesome mobster owner that won't let the team rebuild properly because of the off chance of a little bit more playoff revenue, a geriatric president, and a management staff that's half "old boy's club" and half diversity hires.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1