The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How did JR/PA do on TDL 2022? (10 being best, 1 being worst)

Rate this topic

HKSR

Scale of 1 - 10, how did JR/PA do on TDL 2022?  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Richardson is gone at the end of the year,

Need someone to play till then.

bargain/waiver player.

Hamonic out

Dermott in gains about 5 yrs of player age.

Richardson gone- Hey look they are now younger.

It’s just you have younger guys wanting a chance and you have now giving that chance to a 37 year old guy not in your system. That’s a statement your making. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Itchyfinger said:

It’s just you have younger guys wanting a chance and you have now giving that chance to a 37 year old guy not in your system. That’s a statement your making. 

Really like the dermott in hamonic out,but I just don’t understand the Richardson claim off waivers, makes no sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Exactly. That's the type of contradictory messaging the previous regime gave fans. Agree completely on Lockwood. He's pretty quick. 

More value (and responsibility) to Abby for their playoff hopes 

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Should have kept Motte at that price, A low 4th round pick in 15 months is not a good return. Especially to the Rangers, am I the only one who still hates them and do not want to see them win another cup. 

Getting out of the east will be a real grind cause both the Florida teams & the Canes have a good/great core, good depth and goaltending

Edited by ShawnAntoski

5 minutes ago, Itchyfinger said:

Yes, they are showing their younger players that they have to get better, or else the team will play a 37 year old player in front of them.

Get better or fall away.

Up to them to get better.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

i think what bothers people is that the canucks never seem to be all in on buying or selling, they are always trying to stay in between. look how much the ducks have been selling now that they know they aren't in the playoff race this year, i think that's what some canucks fans were hoping for.

image.png.8b33c129a3dce0373d11431ebb0624b2.png

• Cheers 2

Just now, Jester13 said:

How so?

Motte was drafted in the 4th round. Plus, the 2023 class is supposed to be a deep one.

You simply cannot let guys walk for nothing. Period. 

Motte had value NOW to the team, the coach, and to fans who pay the freight to watch a good team try to win.

Doesn't matter if Motte was drafted first overall or last; not relevant at all; current value is.

2023 is even worse as it is even another year further out.

"Walk for nothing" is an overused express which does not include the value of the player at this time. 

• Like 1

Just now, gurn said:

Yes, they are showing their younger players that they have to get better, or else the team will play a 37 year old player in front of them.

Get better or fall away.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Get better or fall away.

Motte was a winger on that line with lamo and highmore, Lockwood is a winger with speed. It made more sense to bring him up. Guess just have to see where Richardson plugs into the lineup. Maybe he’ll be the 3rd line center that Dickerson was supposed to be.

While AL certainly isn't very charismatic, I do get the impression that there is a clear strategy in place and I do see the logic in the moves regarding Motte/Dermott/Hamonic. The cap space we gain is not insignificant, and if Dermott pans out that's a huge win.

Richardson is more perplexing, although the Lam line has really been our 3rd line for a while now. With Petan and Chiasson on the 4th line I guess you could view Richardson as an upgrade of sorts. I do interpret AL:s comment about him though as there were other deals in the making that didn't go through and where we would have received picks rather than players, i.e. they needed a warm body on the 4th line + PK.

Edited by J-P

Love the addition of Dermott and Richardson, minor complaint would have preferred a 3rd for Motte or keep him. Still above average 6 out of 10, nothing today moves the needle but more importantly nothing done today cripples the team either. 

Edited by canuck73_3

9 minutes ago, Itchyfinger said:

Motte was a winger on that line with lamo and highmore, Lockwood is a winger with speed. It made more sense to bring him up. Guess just have to see where Richardson plugs into the lineup. Maybe he’ll be the 3rd line center that Dickerson was supposed to be.

Maybe, but imo Brad is gone before season begins next year so who plays, where, is not a long term concern for/with him.

15 minutes ago, Roberts said:

i think what bothers people is that the canucks never seem to be all in on buying or selling, they are always trying to stay in between. look how much the ducks have been selling now that they know they aren't in the playoff race this year, i think that's what some canucks fans were hoping for.

image.png.8b33c129a3dce0373d11431ebb0624b2.png

What the Ducks just did is what the Rangers did a few years ago and look at them now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Motte had value NOW to the team, the coach, and to fans who pay the freight to watch a good team try to win.

Doesn't matter if Motte was drafted first overall or last; not relevant at all; current value is.

2023 is even worse as it is even another year further out.

"Walk for nothing" is an overused express which does not include the value of the player at this time. 

Motte is not going to make or break the rest of our season. We have to go 14-4 in order to have even a small chance of making the playoffs. It does matter that Motte was drafted in the 4th round because there are so many complaining that we won't find an NHL player in the 4th round; well, Motte is from the 4th round. We also have Lockwood knocking on the door, and he's apparently going to see games this year, as he's another Motte-type player.

So, basically what you're saying is that you'd rather have Motte here for 18 games instead of clearing cap, getting a 4th round pick in a deep draft, and letting one of our best grinding-type player prospects get a chance at the end of a failed season. 

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Maybe, but imo Brad is gone before season begins next year so who plays, where, is not a long term concern for/with him.

Agree with that, internally your telling your prospects that they are not worthy of a chance. When watching that Lockwood kid skate, he would have been a perfect fit to play on the lamo line