The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Evgenii Dadonov, conditional 2023 2nd-round pick to Ducks for Ryan Kesler, John Moore (VOIDED)

10 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Vegas has such a douche management team.  Bettman's love child that can work the system

all they want.  Just looking at their salary cap with 15.5m LITR and 19.5m IR with 93.9m

salary cap, but still have 3.62m cap space.

This Kesler/Dadonov trade exposes how far this crooked bunch will go to get what they want. 

First off, they try to strip away Dadonov's NMC and then try to trade him for RK's LTIR contract;

which expires at the end of June.  I hope the players around the league remember this when

Vegas comes knocking at their door to offer a 'contract'. 

I wonder what will happen to Dadonov now.  He has to come back to the Knights

if he wants his salary, but I would think that his presence would have a negative effect

on the team chemistry.  Stay tuned for an update on how Vegas finds a way to get rid of him. 

Did I tell you guys how much I hate the Vegas Knights

Kesler's LTIR was a negative - it was part of the cost to move Dadonov.  There's no benefit for adding an LTIR contract.  It doesn't create cap space.  Anaheim wants to move that contract because they want to bank cap space to avoid a bonus overage.  Can't bank cap space in LTIR - reason why the Canucks are going to have a bonus overage despite having over 5M in cap space today - as they are in LTIR that cap space is forfeited.

Edited by mll

7 minutes ago, mll said:

Kesler's LTIR was a negative - it was part of the cost to move Dadonov.  There's no benefit for adding an LTIR contract.  It doesn't create cap space.  Anaheim wants to move that contract because they want to bank cap space to avoid a bonus overage.  Can't bank cap space in LTIR - reason why the Canucks are going to have a bonus overage despite having over 5M in cap space today - as they are in LTIR that cap space is forfeited.

Well it didn't work out too well for them did it?  Hopefully what they did with Dad's contract will follow

that twisted bunch.

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I would contend that the team chemistry aspect is unaffected, at least between players.  He didn't ask for a trade, he was being forced out (against the contract and against his will) to another team.  It more really depends on whether he likes his teammates enough to ignore this transgression made by team management, or if he purposely decides to give team management the finger by not giving it his all.  The other players though - if anything - would likely stand with him, because they'd want their contracts to be honoured in the same way that Dadonov stood up for his contract.

Perhaps.  Your last sentence indicates that the end result could be a lack of trust for team

management, which could transfer to players around the league.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, NHL'er said:

But he would have submitted his list back when he was a Senator

Maybe this is the reason he made that list in the first place as he didnt want to go anywhere with a high tax rate??? As a player it makes sense to try to get as much of your wages untaxed.

I also appreciate the angle that you want to go to a contender to win the cup, so you would imagine the thought of Vegas, no taxes and a a cup contender is a great location...but alas the management doesnt seem to give a toss about players welfare....

• Cheers 1

I just wanna show some appreciation for @mll and their boundless patience.

Hat Cowboy GIF by Apple TV

I won't pretend to fully understand the cap, but I would have got myself banned long ago replying posts on threads like this. If people could just do some minimal googling before posting their hot takes it would save me some reading time.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Player Name said:

I agree with mll. Florida also got hit with part of Luongo's recapture penalty, did they not?

It was a smaller cap penalty than the Canucks, but it seems like many people forgot Florida also got penalized.

Like 300k lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Player Name said:

Luongo retired in June 2019. So no, this is the third year since his retirement, and also the last year of his recapture penalty.

Only guy in that group to choose to retire instead of the LTIR route.  Then  he signs on as an "assistant to the GM".  Luongo is a punk.  He's a little cheater and a baby whiner.  Screw him.  He is a loser.  So glad he never won a cup.  No HHOF for you  Bobby Lu, you piece of sh*t.  I wonder if he cheer for Italy in soccer?  :lol:

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Player Name said:

I'm not a cap expert, I just looked at CapFriendly. They say the Luongo recapture penalty is $1.09M for 3 years for Florida and $3.03M for 3 years for Vancouver.

Well, thanks for the info; can confirm: R LaGongo $1,092,122 on Florida's CapFriendly for this year.

Worth your 4th post, for sure; I had forgotten entirely about them; so they probably paid it every year we did.

(And still built a top team, but whatevs...) Coulda, Woulda, or as my mom would say,

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride." 

I know it wasn't hers; probably from her mom, who pretended she was a man so she could play goal in lacrosse.