The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Canucks players happy to see Hamonic go: report

Rate this topic

Drive-By Body Pierce

3 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

You mean a forum that allows anyone to anonymously state outlandish opinions, to second guess every move the team makes, to spread debunked rumours, to give voice to devastating criticism, and to constantly believe they know better than the hockey people who run the team? Yes, toxic would be an apt description. 

Man, how right you are!

I often wonder why I keep coming back to view some of the crap that fills these boards.  There’s some posts that are insightful and I can learn a bit from, but it’s kinda like looking for a small nugget of gold at the bottom of a giant cesspool.  It’s really not worth it, likely.  I really should get a grip and stop, cause it’s very depressing a lot of the time.  

Anyway, see you tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Based on what exactly???????

Seems like the story has rapidly grown from speculation that players are happy to see the guy go to him now being a cancer?

I tend to filter most things I read on the internet, probably a good practice for all of us to try.

For a hockey player to seek out a reporter to announce they are happy a guy has been traded is huge.  If this is true, then Hamonic must have been a serious problem in the room.

I'm hoping no Canuck player would ever say anything bad about a teammate though.  Whomever contacted Serevelli (if anyone) that guy much go.  

If true which plalyer would say something like that?  Miller?  

4 minutes ago, Edge_Case said:

Man, how right you are!

I often wonder why I keep coming back to view some of the crap that fills these boards.  There’s some posts that are insightful and I can learn a bit from, but it’s kinda like looking for a small nugget of gold at the bottom of a giant cesspool.  It’s really not worth it, likely.  I really should get a grip and stop, cause it’s very depressing a lot of the time.  

Anyway, see you tomorrow.

It's fun!  We take this stuff too seriously.  (I'm the worst)  Drink booze, and have fun with the sidte.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

He doesn't mention Hamonic by name but that is who he is referring to according to a site called Complete Hockey News.

Doesn't really say anything bad about him just he's a bit odd.

Hamonic is religious so he could be pointing toward that. 

• Vintage 2

The speculation does give a bit of a bad vibe both regarding TH and the org in general, no matter how you slice it it's not a good look.

The trade in itself needs no justification however, anyone who has watched him play the last games can tell we were happy to give up on him for anything (or nothing at all) + the cap space.

Interesting how no body said a Peep about Green.

Now dudes backstabbin Hammonic to the media on his way out the door. Odd. Regardless of if Hammonic was a problem in the room this should have never gotten out.  

This says to me the problem in the room is deeper than Hammonic. 

IMO we got a real country club team needs a real shakeup. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

He doesn't mention Hamonic by name but that is who he is referring to according to a site called Complete Hockey News.

Doesn't really say anything bad about him just he's a bit odd.

I remember when Hamonic played for the Flames he got beaten up bad (got his face broken) in a fight with Guddy (when he was with us) defending Dillon Dube.  After the game Dube was so impressed with Hammonic for defending him like that he was near to tears.  

I think the last two years made it harder on guys, like Hamonic, who have weird views of the world to hide behind their play.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Was the problem him being religious or potentially contagious?

He as vaccinated when he joined the team his teammates reportedly greeted him with hugs per the Province article at the start of the year. 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-travis-hamonic-finally-makes-emotional-hug-filled-return-to-franchise

I think he's a far cry away from Tyler Bertuzzi or Kyrie Irving. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

He as vaccinated when he joined the team his teammates reportedly greeted him with hugs per the Province article at the start of the year. 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-travis-hamonic-finally-makes-emotional-hug-filled-return-to-franchise

I get that he's vaxxed. He just took his time getting there.

Why management didn't ask his Vax status was really dropping the ball. It's not like player wouldn't have to cross the border frequently.

13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

have we ever heard difinitvely hamonic is vaccinared?  did he go on our trips to the States?

Hmmm. ...

Alf speculates the source might be Miller;

Junkyard comments on Hamonic's being religious

Maybe Travis railed on JT several times a day in the dressing room about the frequent F-bombs?  Trade happens, then JT "reaches out" to his media buddy "I gotta tell you, it's like a ****  breath of **** fresh air now in the room since that ****** ***** got traded"

Sounds so Milleresque it might even be true!!

• Cheers 1

Not sure, if Serravelli is helping Vancouvers' image as a good landing spot for future FA(s).

If true, the locker room culture is toxic/fractured and not surprising - when there is no bite back, when a teammate, gets cheap shotted.  Good chance, the media whore in the team got a hold, of this reporter.

Edited by ShawnAntoski