The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Canucks players happy to see Hamonic go: report

Rate this topic

Drive-By Body Pierce

7 hours ago, DSVII said:

This just seems odd to me, first thing you do after someone leaves is reach out to a media spokesman to say how $&!#ty your ex-teammate was?

I couldn't believe it when I heard that bit.  

It honestly didn't sound real, but the quote was definitely said by Frank Seravalli. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I remember when Hamonic played for the Flames he got beaten up bad (got his face broken) in a fight with Guddy (when he was with us) defending Dillon Dube.  After the game Dube was so impressed with Hammonic for defending him like that he was near to tears.  

I think the last two years made it harder on guys, like Hamonic, who have weird views of the world to hide behind their play.  

Yeah now you get judged based on what you liked on Twitter, if you didn't wear a mask one time, what your religious beliefs are, what your political leanings are...  

Nobody cares that Hamonic reached out to 100s of families who have lost a mother/father and tried to brighten up their day a little bit. 

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

If it is true that there are players on this team who reached out to media to say how much they disliked a former teammate, then Hamonic isn't the only problem in the locker room. Those guys should go too. 

That said, I'd be more inclined to believe that the media is just making $&!# up or putting their spin on things. 

This. Both points.

• Cheers 1

Reality is Hamonic is probably just an odd personality that these young men don't know how to communicate with.  I doubt he's a bad person per se... probably just different than the others, which makes the room a bit awkward and tense at times.

• Cheers 2

Where there is smoke, there is fire. This story doesn't leak about every player that leaves. Rather than persecuting the messenger, maybe stop and think about the toxic effect this person likely had on a team. I've managed throughout my career, and all it takes is one bad apple to upset the cart. 

Tonight's effort is an inkling of a team looking to move forward and prove something. Let's keep rolling. 

Kev

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

It’s been a roller coaster of a ride with Hamonic. I honestly thought that maybe he could have provided the right side. When he played, he did just that. 

Sadly, there was so much turmoil with Hamonic, that if the reports and rumors were/are true about him, then I would not be surprised at all, if the players struggled relationally with him. Seems to be that Benning assembled a skilled and talented team, but perhaps the mix of players are wrong. It’s the job of this management group now to find the right mix of players (plus the skill and talent with that mix). 

They were able to shed Hamonic’s 3M cap hit. That’s amazing work in and of itself. 

I wonder if they can rid more cap by trading away Pearson, Dickinson (wrong fit on this team? He’s struggled a ton), Myers (2 more years). I mean, that would be what? 8-9M cap shed just with those three players? Too lazy to look up their cap hits, just guessing right now. If management could do that, it would be an amazing feat. 

I hope the team can find ways to secure Brock, Miller and Bo. When they play up to their potential, tonight’s game is what that look like. When they don’t, they lose to teams like the Red Wings and Buffalo. Teams they should beat on a regular. 

And I’ve been listening to the radio, and they’re discussing if Bruce is the right coach for this team moving forward. That’s interesting to me. Because with the way the team has responded to him, I think if we had Bruce for the whole season, we’d be a winning team in a playoff spot, without a doubt. But how much more does Boudreau have in him? He’s not young by any stretch. Does he have another 3-4 years in him to continue coaching at an elite level? 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Edge_Case said:

Man, how right you are!

I often wonder why I keep coming back to view some of the crap that fills these boards.  There’s some posts that are insightful and I can learn a bit from, but it’s kinda like looking for a small nugget of gold at the bottom of a giant cesspool.  It’s really not worth it, likely.  I really should get a grip and stop, cause it’s very depressing a lot of the time.  

Anyway, see you tomorrow.

The 'Ignore' function is your friend.

Now, if we could just get everybody to quit quoting the worst offenders.

And, we should have like a Weekly Ban Hammer or something.

Have an icon for it, and when they Win The Weekly Ban Hammer count,

They get a visit from Admin:

Ban GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I wonder if they can rid more cap by trading away Pearson, Dickinson (wrong fit on this team? He’s struggled a ton), Myers (2 more years). I mean, that would be what? 8-9M cap shed just with those three players? Too lazy to look up their cap hits, just guessing right now. If management could do that, it would be an amazing feat. 

$11.9M, but who’s counting? ;) 

Pearson is actually earning his money ($3.25M AAV), but when it comes to Myers and Dickinson ($8.65M AAV combined), you’ve got to think we could be getting much better bang for our buck if we had spent those dollars elsewhere.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

21 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hamonic is religious so he could be pointing toward that. 

Going way back to when I was in my teens we had a very religious teammate whose father was a priest. He was constantly pushing religion, telling us he was praying for our souls, and that we needed to be saved. We had to really watch what we said or talked about otherwise we'd get a good preaching. Midseason his family moved back east and it was like a weight was lifted in the room. Honestly, we started played better and I believe it was because we were having fun rather than constantly walking on egg shells. 

Who knows what actually went on the the room. Maybe it started with him not showing up to start the season and being limited to domestic games when he did. He was expected to be in our top 4 after all and not being there while healthy, weakening the team, could piss some off. 

• Cheers 2

13 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

It’s been a roller coaster of a ride with Hamonic. I honestly thought that maybe he could have provided the right side. When he played, he did just that. 

Sadly, there was so much turmoil with Hamonic, that if the reports and rumors were/are true about him, then I would not be surprised at all, if the players struggled relationally with him. Seems to be that Benning assembled a skilled and talented team, but perhaps the mix of players are wrong. It’s the job of this management group now to find the right mix of players (plus the skill and talent with that mix). 

They were able to shed Hamonic’s 3M cap hit. That’s amazing work in and of itself. 

I hope the team can find ways to secure Brock, Miller and Bo. When they play up to their potential, tonight’s game is what that look like. When they don’t, they lose to teams like the Red Wings and Buffalo. Teams they should beat on a regular. 

And I’ve been listening to the radio, and they’re discussing if Bruce is the right coach for this team moving forward. That’s interesting to me. Because with the way the team has responded to him, I think if we had Bruce for the whole season, we’d be a winning team in a playoff spot, without a doubt. But how much more does Boudreau have in him? He’s not young by any stretch. Does he have another 3-4 years in him to continue coaching at an elite level? 

Boudreau will stay cuz he can retire with a Cup win with us in the next 4 or 5 years.

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Boudreau will stay cuz he can retire with a Cup win with us in the next 4 or 5 years.

My concern with Bruce is that he's not young. 4-5 years would bring him to 72 years old. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

My concern with Bruce is that he's not young. 4-5 years would bring him to 72 years old. 

72 isn't really that old in this day and age, for healthy people.  Does BB look like a healthy person?