The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Canucks players happy to see Hamonic go: report

Rate this topic

Drive-By Body Pierce

If this is true, then I'm glad for the Canucks, a positive change in the room is a good thing, not to mention adding Dermott. He seems like a good guy and should fit in well with the team.  Hamonic is OTT's problem now, and $3 less than the Canucks have to pay.  Good job Patrik.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

thing is we really don't know any actual details. Dumping on a guy on the way out without knowing the facts is lame, imo. 

Any player (or multiple players) that supposedly felt strongly enough to “reach out” to FS ought to be men enough to stand behind their quotes. Otherwise keep your mouths shut, and save it for your memoirs. 

• Vintage 4

1 minute ago, PLOGUE said:

I call horse$&!# on this "story". I seriously doubt players reached out to a member of the local media to start spreading rumours about another player. 

This just doesn't sound legit.

If we do have a player (or players) ever reaching out to media about our room then those guys need to go.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Hmm didn’t think Servalli was the type to spread rumours like this.

Can anyone confirm he actually said this and it’s not just being passed around through third sources? 

i heard him say it on 650.  Someone mentioned a Tweet too, but I don't have Twitter.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

I call horse$&!# on this "story". I seriously doubt players reached out to a member of the local media to start spreading rumours about another player. 

This just doesn't sound legit.

Yes, you can’t read everything you believe, or something like that...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JM_ said:

thing is we really don't know any actual details. Dumping on a guy on the way out without knowing the facts is lame, imo. 

Correct. We don't know the fine details, but here are a few details we do know: 1) the NHL schedule and his personal schedule were not on the same page; 2) he was absent from the team when he was physically able to play; 3) unlike any other player on the team he was unwilling to talk to the media, suggesting he doesn't need to answer to anybody about anything. Not the fans who basically pay his salary and not the media, who offer him the opportunity to make his views known and understood. I get that he has personal issues but they were apparently not serious enough to prevent him from signing a contract that paid him extremely well for not holding up his end of the deal. That is a detail that is inescapable; he rarely showed up and he cashed his paycheques. Allvin did well to move him out.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Yikes. That must feel awful knowing that you are THAT disliked by other people, but it also begs the question as to how many people disliked Hamonic, or why this story came out, as if to justify the trade.

Wonder if it has anything to do with him potentially exposing the team to Covid back in the fall-time due to his reluctance to get vaxxed early on?  

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

I can tell you that Reddit definitely thinks so. They talk about CDC the same way we talk about HF.

Reddit.   I've read this and that over the years.   But Reddit definitely doesn't seem like a good source for anything.   At all.   Aside from a basic understanding what the internet is and why it exists, Reddit is like going to the library and heading straight to the Enquirer at best People to get your source material. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1