The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RIP] Taylor Hawkins, Foo Fighters Drummer

AriGold

• AriGold changed the title to [RIP] Taylor Hawkins, Foo Fighters Drummer

Wow this is a shock. He was only 50. He even had quite a Canadian connection as he was the touring drummer for Sass Jordan and Alanis Morissette before joining the Foo Fighters.

From a news article "A cause of death has not yet been released. Foo Fighters had been touring South America and were scheduled to perform at the Festival Estéreo Picnic today (March 25) in Bogota, Colombia. Multiple sources have reported that Hawkins was found dead in his hotel room in Bogota."

RIP Taylor. Thanks for the tunes.

Hawkins on lead vocals, Dave Grohl on drums, Jimmy Page on guitar and John Paul Jones on bass.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Wow this is a shock. He was only 50. He even had quite a Canadian connection as he was the touring drummer for Sass Jordan and Alanis Morissette before joining the Foo Fighters.

From a news article "A cause of death has not yet been released. Foo Fighters had been touring South America and were scheduled to perform at the Festival Estéreo Picnic today (March 25) in Bogota, Colombia. Multiple sources have reported that Hawkins was found dead in his hotel room in Bogota."

RIP Taylor. Thanks for the tunes.

Hawkins on lead vocals, Dave Grohl on drums, Jimmy Page on guitar and John Paul Jones on bass.

JPJ and Jimmy still can belt it out.

• Cheers 1

Lots of rock stars have seen a member of their bands die suddenly. Don’t know of any that have seen two members of two different bands die suddenly.

Best wishes to Dave and the rest of the Foo Fighters who have to live through this.

One of my favourite memories from my early adulthood was seeing Dave, Kurt and Chris play at the Commodore in 91 just before they became the biggest band in the world. Poor man having to live through this again. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Huggy Bear 2

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Lots of rock stars have seen a member of their bands die suddenly. Don’t know of any that have seen two members of two different bands die suddenly.

Best wishes to Dave and the rest of the Foo Fighters who have to live through this.

One of my favourite memories from my early adulthood was seeing Dave, Kurt and Chris play at the Commodore in 91 just before they became the biggest band in the world. Poor man having to live through this again. 

For real ?! Wow, do you still have that ticket stub ?!

48 minutes ago, AriGold said:

For real ?! Wow, do you still have that ticket stub ?!

No unfortunately. Was actually CD release for the Screaming Trees Sweet Oblivion album. Was right after my 19th birthday. 
Remember it well, the Wongs, Nirvana and the Screaming Trees (who also recently had a tragic loss). The poor Screaming Trees couldn’t do anything to get the crowd back into the show. Lesson number one, don’t follow Nirvana. 

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

No unfortunately. Was actually CD release for the Screaming Trees Sweet Oblivion album. Was right after my 19th birthday. 
Remember it well, the Wongs, Nirvana and the Screaming Trees (who also recently had a tragic loss). The poor Screaming Trees couldn’t do anything to get the crowd back into the show. Lesson number one, don’t follow Nirvana. 

ticket.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=564&type=webp

• Upvote 1

Damn, I just read this news...awful. So abrupt and shocking. 50 isn't old and he seemed so alive/energetic...wonder wth took him. 

I remember first really noticing him with Alannis (he was all in as a drummer)....and then to be with the Foo Fighters, his talent was large.

Sad...he just played a couple of days ago too.

Sad news.  Love that band.  Just watched the replay of the Fighters in Glastonbury the other week and decided to learn 'Everlong' on my acoustic guitar.   Gotta feel for Taylor's family and friends.   I know he was Grohl's best friend.