The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RIP] Taylor Hawkins, Foo Fighters Drummer

AriGold

Taylor Hawkins Death Details Emerging From Colombian Authorities

45bfd5d3c57edc5ce40ce391b04f035e

The shocking and unexpected death Friday of Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins is still under investigation, Colombian authorities said Saturday.

Hawkins died at a hotel located in the town of Chapinero in Bogotá, Colombia, local health officials said in a press release Saturday morning.

Bogotá’s emergency center sent an ambulance to the hotel. They had received reports of “a patient with chest pains,” according to the Spanish-language press release.

Efforts to resuscitate Hawkins were tried. “However, there was no response, and the patient was declared deceased,” Bogotá’s District Department of Health said.

Teams from EMI, a health company providing home health care services, also responded to the emergency, according to local health officials.

Hawkins body was removed from the scene. A crowd soon gathered outside the hotel, with some holding a candlelight vigil to mourn the fallen drummer.

“The District Department of Health mourns the death of this talented musician and drummer, widely recognized internationally for his work,” Colombian health officials said in a statement. “Besides, the entity sends its message of condolences to the family, colleagues and followers.”

The attorney general’s office in Colombia said in a tweet Saturday morning that a “team of prosecutors and investigators has been assigned to attend the urgent matter and support the investigation.”

Foo Fighters were scheduled to perform in Colombia for the first time in three years at the Festival Estéreo Picnic Friday night in Bogotá, following their Latin American tour.

Neither the band nor Colombian authorities have yet released Hawkins cause of death.

“Our hearts go out to his wife, children and family, and we ask that their privacy be treated with the utmost respect in this unimaginably difficult time,” the band wrote.

• Upvote 2

Ah just awful, wish nothing but the best for the family especially with him in another country.  I am really glad I got to see them in concert a few years back, always regretted not seeing Linkin Park when I had opportunities.  Theres only a handful of bands I really wish to see and Foo Fighters was always on it.

RIP

45 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Colombia's Prosecutor's Office released a statement Saturday saying toxicological tests on urine from Hawkins's body preliminarily found 10 psychoactive substances and medicines, including marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/taylor-hawkins-obit-1.6398683

Honestly not a surprise.  For those guys to have that energy day in and day out how hard they rock out, we all know they are taking something.  Very sad none the less.

Dave Grohl is well known for hitting the beer and Jagar before concerts hard.

It’s sad..  very,.   I’m sure if reports are true of drug use.. even he would tell you he made a huge mistake if he the opportunity to.

Some have no idea what they are truly playing with, even in the context of “recreational use”..   even if it dosent kill you,  it’s going to effect your life, or the love of others around you.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sounds like a heart attack. Just goes to show that no matter how good of shape you're in, it doesn't make you immune to heart disease....

especially those who combine benzos and opioids

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

especially those who combine benzos and opioids

This is terrible news. 

A friend, who is no longer a friend I guess, has done ecstasy/MDMA since he was a teen. He’s a hefty guy and in his mid-40s now. He told me, aside from the depression from doing so much of it, his main concern is the effect it has on his heart because he can really feel it now that he’s older and he’s scared he’ll get a heart attack from it

11 minutes ago, Dedalus said:

This is terrible news. 

A friend, who is no longer a friend I guess, has done ecstasy/MDMA since he was a teen. He’s a hefty guy and in his mid-40s now. He told me, aside from the depression from doing so much of it, his main concern is the effect it has on his heart because he can really feel it now that he’s older and he’s scared he’ll get a heart attack from it

Talked to a friend that knows a person that is a drug tester as her job. She helps analyse the street drugs to make sure they are ok for consumption.

Apparently she has never seen it so bad. Everything is cut with something, usually fentanyl. 

Says there is no good stuff out there anymore, all the coke etc is dirty.

All drugs should be legalised. 

Regulate, clean then up, make bank of the taxes and put it into healthcare.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Talked to a friend that knows a person that is a drug tester as her job. She helps analyse the street drugs to make sure they are ok for consumption.

Apparently she has never seen it so bad. Everything is cut with something, usually fentanyl. 

Says there is no good stuff out there anymore, all the coke etc is dirty.

All drugs should be legalised. 

Regulate, clean then up, make bank of the taxes and put it into healthcare.  

The only issue for something like cocaine would be sourcing an ethical supply.  I couldn't agree more overall though.

• Cheers 1