The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 26, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

33 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Pretty disappointing turnout to be honest. Especially when gm's have talked about the professionalism of the players and putting in the work openly. 

They just played 3 games in 4 nights on the road.

Rest is equally as important as professionalism. Especially this time of year.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but this couldn't be done better by anyone else (in the here and now). Shorty's gold.

My favourite part about the whole sequence is him saying to Cheech exasperated, “and now *wheeze* it’s your *huff* turn *huff* to talk.” 

I love shorty. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Pretty disappointing turnout to be honest. Especially when gm's have talked about the professionalism of the players and putting in the work openly. 

The boys have travelled all over the US in 4 days and need as much rest as possible. That’s like the Vancouver Giants bussing to PG and back to Kamloops and up to Edmonton and then over to Prince Albert all in 6 days. That’s tough on the body no matter what age or shape you’re in. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

4 hours ago, Devron said:

Dickinson could very well still be a good player for us. He hasn’t been able to adapt and play his game consistently here but that doesn’t mean he won’t. He was good in Dallas 

This ^ i feel next year he will be good 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Maginator said:

They just played 3 games in 4 nights on the road.

Rest is equally as important as professionalism. Especially this time of year.

I agree but you can still go to practice and just work on drills that don't impact cardio. Shooting drills, passing drills, etc. 

8 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I agree but you can still go to practice and just work on drills that don't impact cardio. Shooting drills, passing drills, etc. 

What you’re suggesting would hardly be considered restful , neither mentally or physically. 
Have you never pushed yourself hard for 4 or 5 days and only a day of absolute relief from mental and physical obligations allows you to reset?You know … a day on the couch after a difficult week,  
Probably why days like this are optional.

No one knows better than the players when they require a day to escape the demands. 
Reviewing video on the couch maybe. Attending  the rink and gearing up is not resting.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2