The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 30, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Yes i think he gets the same deal as Zinbenejad in NYR.   All the way to 38...if that's the case we'd better hope he can sustain this level for another 5/6 years.  And when he's done - maybe he even ends up with his number in the rafters.   That sure would be something.    Miller is exactly the type of player i like on our team.   We could do far worse.   Age is the only pickle.   

You're assuming he wants to stay

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Can you suggest any other topic ?Martin Short Franck GIF

How about Horvat?

Imo, he was way off his game, missing passes, losing the puck unnecessarily, etc.

I was yelling, "What's wrong with you?"

That was something that happened in the game we were to be discussing, not some goof's idea of changes to make after this year.

Post Game Thread, as in after the game, not after the season.

You Trader Traitors are way more of party poopers than those of us who still cheer for the team.

5 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Because he'll want at least five to six years and I doubt teams are going to be throwing that kind of money around anymore.  The recovery period from the pandemic 

is in it's early stages. Take four to five years for owners to recover. We aren't the NBA.

I think you're in for a disappointing dose of reality

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Heretic said:

We won 3 of the last 11 games, how the heck can we win 11 of the next 13??? 

Even if we did, we'd be so burned out, we'd probably lose the 1st round in 5 games.

There are several teams ahead of us fighting for the same spot needing the same or close to the same record we need to get in, unfortunately the Canucks don’t have the skill or drive needed over the competition. 

if management wanted to make a serious push then TDL would not have been so blah 

5 minutes ago, AlphaNuck said:

There are several teams ahead of us fighting for the same spot needing the same or close to the same record we need to get in, unfortunately the Canucks don’t have the skill or drive needed over the competition. 

if management wanted to make a serious push then TDL would not have been so blah 

If management wanted to make a serious push then - they wouldn't have over paid some of the players and we could have kept Markstrom.

23 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

How about Horvat?

Imo, he was way off his game, missing passes, losing the puck unnecessarily, etc.

I was yelling, "What's wrong with you?"

That was something that happened in the game we were to be discussing, not some goof's idea of changes to make after this year.

Post Game Thread, as in after the game, not after the season.

You Trader Traitors are way more of party poopers than those of us who still cheer for the team.

Horvat was injured and then what ?  Also, you've never gone off topic, when posting in a game thread - lol ?

You cannot control where the thread will go and fans go here to discuss topics, that interest them - rather than be lectured.  You are the party pooper and you could had just decently ignored the conversations that doesnt interest you and started one, that does. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Muttley said:
Team Shots Hits Power Play Face offs
STL 24 25 1/1 54.5%
VAN 25 27 0/1 45.5% 

Doesn't look that bad.  Probably because there's no freaking column for intensity.  we just didn't have it tonight !

NADA   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  200w.webp                                                                                                                             

Need a column for missed calls against....Nucks were bad and so were the officials. Frak Meier, he's as bias as Bettman.

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

If management wanted to make a serious push then - they wouldn't have over paid some of the players and we could have kept Markstrom.

Ideally, JM should had been traded but there was no chance, Green was going to sacrifice his lossing season to an unproven goalie.  

55 minutes ago, Muttley said:

I'd love to get into the playoffs next year. Too many folks seem to think Miller's ask price is going to be up to 9M.  No way!  It confounds me to think or even understand how folks could possibly think we're more of a cup contender without one of the top ten forwards in the league. Yes, some ripping and tearing should take place but not there. Seems counter productive. Backwards. Sending the wrong message to both team and the fans that have to pay to attend games and see something worth seeing.

Well Hertl got 8.1 million and he’s a lot better than him. So you have to be realistic. 

13 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Ideally, JM should had been traded but there was no chance, Green was going to sacrifice his lossing season to an unproven goalie.  

Ummm, that's actually the GM's decision. Also

image.thumb.png.66df9dcbbd3bbca3d9d5aff85300b1b1.png

woooooo hoooooooooo

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

We are signing Miller.  It’s been Boy a matter of how much.  8 x 8.75 is what I’m seeing.  

Good luck trying to build a team with Pettersson getting 7 million, Hughes 7 million, boeser 6 million, Horvat 6-7 million, OEL 7 million and Myers 6 million. It’s proven it isn’t good enough and it hasn’t given us fans anything to cheer about yet some people just want to sign and keep everyone. He’s the best player with value that can get a good return. Those other players can’t. Other teams don’t see the value in them.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

It’s a source, no?  Friedman is a connected guy.  There was a lot of talk around that time about us changing direction and deciding to extend Miller instead of trading him.  Miller himself soon after this stated he wasn’t getting traded.  (That comment is posted in these threads too.) 

It’s clear to me our owner stepped in and changed the direction.  We went from sellers to standing pat.  No moves that would take us back a step (so we could in a couple years leap forward, like the club said before) were made.  We even traded a pick for Dermott!  

And now we are seeing the club out of any playoff chase.  13 games left.  Wasted opportunity to build for a better tomorrow.  

It's very possible that Aqua could have stepped in and said no to trading Miller, but it's also very possible that we just didn't receive an offer we didn't think we could get at the draft. How often do you see playoff teams gut their roster for one player to make a run? If our ask was Schneider, 1st rounder + a roster player, then NYR will be more comfortable considering that in the offseason. They do that now they've weakened their backend, sacrificed their forward depth a bit and given up a first rounder. I wouldn't be able to say that the Rangers get BETTER with that deal. Now, in the offseason, you make that deal and find replacements for Schneider and your depth. It's a lot easier then.

I still think JT is gone at the draft or afterwards. Signing him would be a shock to me and I don't think JR and Co. can build a good enough team around our stars considering our cap space. Now, if he can move Myers, Poolman, Dickinson, Pearson, maybe even OEL, then sure you sign JT. But you can't do that, so you trade JT.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What stood out for me last night the most was the lack of maturity and composure with this team.

Like they were lucky to be up 2-1 after a bad Blues turnover. They were getting outplayed though and looked gassed up until that point.

A veteran team would have recognized that and done what it took to get to the third with the 1 goal lead. Play conservative, don’t take any risks, and stay disciplined. Do that and I like their chances of walking away from that game with at least a point.

It seems like this team still thinks they’re better than they are. Like they get one goal and think now they can make all these low percentage plays and fancy no look passes.

To me that highlights a team without an identity. If they don’t recognize that they’re not that high flying team that can make high risk high reward plays then that needs to change.

I think what stood out to me this game was definitely the immaturity and lack of situational awareness. Obviously, Petey made a mistake. He coughed it up, but there were still what, 3 guys behind him? How does that turnover lead to a breakaway. You'll see later on that same power play OEL is playing the point. Canucks gain the zone but OEL backs up because he knows there's a chance that the Canucks may lose the puck. Canucks DID end up losing the puck and had OEL not backed up there would have been a breakaway the other way.

I'm not advocating for OEL to be on PP1 over Hughes, but Hughes also needs to learn this aspect of the powerplay. At the end of the day you are the defensemen and should be the last line of defence before the goalie. Can't be getting burned like that, just like Petey can't be losing it like that.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, luongianone said:

I think what stood out to me this game was definitely the immaturity and lack of situational awareness. Obviously, Petey made a mistake. He coughed it up, but there were still what, 3 guys behind him? How does that turnover lead to a breakaway. You'll see later on that same power play OEL is playing the point. Canucks gain the zone but OEL backs up because he knows there's a chance that the Canucks may lose the puck. Canucks DID end up losing the puck and had OEL not backed up there would have been a breakaway the other way.

I'm not advocating for OEL to be on PP1 over Hughes, but Hughes also needs to learn this aspect of the powerplay. At the end of the day you are the defensemen and should be the last line of defence before the goalie. Can't be getting burned like that, just like Petey can't be losing it like that.

The problem starts with Pettersson making a low percentage risky play though.

My point is there was no need to even risk any sort of odd man situation like that. That’s easily avoidable if he doesn’t go flying in and cough up the puck.

If our powerplay set up is so bad that we need to take chances like that to gain the zone, we might as well just keep dumping the puck in and kill two minutes.

If the powerplay isn’t gonna be a difference maker for us, it definitely can’t be something that’s costing us goals against.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1