The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Game day thread: cliches version (Vegas @ Canucks Sunday, April 3/22 @ 4:00 pm PT) - Autism Acceptance Night

Rate this topic

yes we can nucks

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The slow starts and, periods that the team plays like crap. I think is systematic to something deeper is wrong with the team. 

The only way we can win with this roster is everyone buys in and gives 100% for a majority of the game.

Slow start and mental lapses at most inopportune times have been the poison of choice for this team.   

• Like 2

I would love to see me some Rathbone this upcoming weekend to see what he’s got. Allvin has his hands tied up with OEL’s contract for quite some time. If we can somehow recoup some high picks for OEL, then we would be set for the future. this is how I see the D pairings if we move OEL barring any other moves:

Hughes - Schenn

Dermott - Myers 

Rathbone - Poolman

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

I would love to see me some Rathbone this upcoming weekend to see what he’s got. Allvin has his hands tied up with OEL’s contract for quite some time. If we can somehow recoup some high picks for OEL, then we would be set for the future. this is how I see the D pairings if we move OEL barring any other moves:

Hughes - Schenn

Dermott - Myers 

Rathbone - Poolman

Recoup picks for OEL!  :lol:

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

Hughes - Schenn

Dermott - Myers 

Rathbone - Poolman

I think swapping Rathbone for OEL wouldn't make that much difference. I think it needs a bigger overhaul.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

Hughes - Schenn

Dermott - Myers 

Rathbone - Poolman

Can’t move OEL, gonna have to build around him and Hughes. Myers is more moveable. Only a couple years left on his deal and RH d are more sought after

• Cheers 2

Tough first period. Slow start again. Not enough of anything really. It will be interesting to see what Alvin does with this mess. Team needs some size up from to not lose every board battle. Build around Hughes and Demko. Any other player could be traded Even Petey. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I can sense a pulse. 

This double minor is the turning point.

We're winning this game. 

I don't know how that's going to happen with the Gary Knights getting all the calls.